What's gone wrong between Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers?

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Jets owner 'anxious' for team to finalize Aaron Rodgers trade

After several weeks of pursuing quarterback Aaron Rodgers, New York Jets owner Woody Johnson is eager to finalize a trade with the Green Bay Packers. "Well, you know, I think we're anxious. We're anxious," Johnson told a small group of reporters Tuesday at the NFL's annual meeting. "I guess, as we look forward, we're optimistic. But we have a plan, so we're willing to stick with our plan. And I don't think anybody is hyperventilating at this point." The two teams are in regular contact but haven't been able to agree on trade compensation. The Jets reportedly are unwilling to deal their 2023 first-round pick (No. 13 overall), but Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst indicated Monday there are other ways to execute the trade without including the 13th pick -- perhaps a sign that the two sides are inching closer.

Click Here For Full Story

The Question

Eternal
194e5719e603e2df.gif

Synaesthesia

Shut the fuck up CeeJay

pervert-jerk-off.gif

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Sources: Packers trade Aaron Rodgers to Jets for multiple picks

For the second time in 15 years, the Green Bay Packers are trading an aging icon to the New York Jets. The Packers agreed Monday to deal quarterback Aaron Rodgers and their 2023 first-round pick (No. 15) and a 2023 fifth-round pick (No. 170) to the Jets for New York's 2023 first-round pick (No. 13), a 2023 second-round pick (No. 42), a 2023 sixth-round pick (No. 207) and a conditional 2024 second-round pick that becomes a first if Rodgers plays 65% of the plays this season, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

For the Jets, frustrated by years of losing and inferior quarterback play, it's arguably the biggest trade in their history, reminiscent of the Brett Favre swap with the Packers in 2008. For the Packers, it marks the end of an era. Rodgers, 39, a four-time NFL MVP, led them to 11 playoff appearances and one Super Bowl championship in 15 years as the starting quarterback. Unlike Favre, who wanted to return to the Packers after he unretired, Rodgers apparently wanted out even after he said last summer that he would "definitely" finish his career with the Packers.

Rodgers leaves Green Bay as the Packers' franchise leader in touchdown passes (475), completion percentage (65.3) and passer rating (103.6) and ranks second behind only Favre in passing yards (59,055) and completions (5,001). His 475 touchdown passes rank fifth in NFL history, and he has the best touchdown-to-interception ratio (475-105) in league history.

StarMan™

Sources: Packers trade Aaron Rodgers to Jets for multiple picks

For the second time in 15 years, the Green Bay Packers are trading an aging icon to the New York Jets. The Packers agreed Monday to deal quarterback Aaron Rodgers and their 2023 first-round pick (No. 15) and a 2023 fifth-round pick (No. 170) to the Jets for New York's 2023 first-round pick (No. 13), a 2023 second-round pick (No. 42), a 2023 sixth-round pick (No. 207) and a conditional 2024 second-round pick that becomes a first if Rodgers plays 65% of the plays this season, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

For the Jets, frustrated by years of losing and inferior quarterback play, it's arguably the biggest trade in their history, reminiscent of the Brett Favre swap with the Packers in 2008. For the Packers, it marks the end of an era. Rodgers, 39, a four-time NFL MVP, led them to 11 playoff appearances and one Super Bowl championship in 15 years as the starting quarterback. Unlike Favre, who wanted to return to the Packers after he unretired, Rodgers apparently wanted out even after he said last summer that he would "definitely" finish his career with the Packers.

Rodgers leaves Green Bay as the Packers' franchise leader in touchdown passes (475), completion percentage (65.3) and passer rating (103.6) and ranks second behind only Favre in passing yards (59,055) and completions (5,001). His 475 touchdown passes rank fifth in NFL history, and he has the best touchdown-to-interception ratio (475-105) in league history.

image.jpg

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
What's gone wrong between Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers?

The date was Aug. 30, 2018 one day after Aaron Rodgers signed a record contract extension worth $134 million with the Green Bay Packers that ran through the 2023 season. That day was largely celebratory on the part of the quarterback and the team, except for one ominous remark: "I don't think this guarantees anything other than maybe the first three years of the deal," Rodgers said. Three years later, Rodgers and the Packers have reached that point. And neither side is in a good place. Now, coming off an MVP season, the third of his career. The balance of power has seemingly shifted back to Rodgers, who had this to say on the day his extension was announced: "I want to go out and prove that I'm still an elite player in this league, and if I do that then I'll feel good. I've got the opportunity to finish my career in Green Bay, but I'm definitely not arrogant in the mindset that it would never happen to me. It happened to [Brett Favre], it can happen to any of us." Here's a look at the events, from that point until now, that have brought Rodgers and the Packers to the brink of separation:

Click Here For Complete Story

i

Will Aaron Rodgers leave the Green Bay Packers? The latest news and rumors

Aaron Rodgers has had a Hall of Fame career with the Green Bay Packers, but it's possible that his time with one of the NFL's most storied franchises is coming to an end. Sources have told ESPN that Rodgers is so disgruntled with the organization that he's considering the unthinkable, leaving Green Bay. Rodgers, 37, is still under contract with the Packers, so they'd have to agree to trade him, and by the looks of it they don't want to do that. Rodgers remains one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, with three MVP awards, nine Pro Bowl selections, and a Super Bowl title and MVP award under his belt. He'd instantly make any NFL team a contender, but his price would be steep, and that's assuming he doesn't come to some kind of understanding with the Packers in the meantime, or decide to retire and perhaps pursue hosting "Jeopardy!" full time.

Click Here For Complete Story