Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your first EVER memory?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cloudy
  • Start date Start date
Lou The Beagle said:
Hmmm...my earliest memory was when I was five months old and my mom singging to me while trying to get me to sleep...The next one...I was about two years old.

That was one long-ass nap! :shock:!

The Question said:
The Question remembers pure thought and total sensory deprivation. In other words, The Question remembers the womb.

For real? Because I remember that, too. I also remember a sudden sensation of COLD and BRIGHT, two things that I loathe to this day.

Other than that, I have brief flashes of things before the age of 2, like chewing on the bars of my playpen (which was probably done up with lead paint---that would explain a lot) or things to do with nasty tasting baby food. After the age of 2 and a half, I pretty much remember everything.

Good thread.

Wandering into a giant Tonka truck and getting a booboo on my head, possibly on a birthday. I still vividly remember someone saying 'Oh, great,' like they shouldn't have put something like that in a toddler's way.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit said:
For real?

Yup. I remember what thought was like before formalized language clumsied it all up.

Because I remember that, too. I also remember a sudden sensation of COLD and BRIGHT, two things that I loathe to this day.

Eeeh, yeah, that sucked. Sensory deprivation to sensory overload, just like that.

Other than that, I have brief flashes of things before the age of 2, like chewing on the bars of my playpen (which was probably done up with lead paint---that would explain a lot) or things to do with nasty tasting baby food. After the age of 2 and a half, I pretty much remember everything.

I remember everything seemed like it took forever. Nothing happened fast enough. :) Waking up hungry in the middle of the night sucks the worst when you don't know what hungry is or why everything's dark or why the mumbling giants who live in your house are nowhere to be seen.

The Question said:
I remember everything seemed like it took forever. Nothing happened fast enough. :) Waking up hungry in the middle of the night sucks the worst when you don't know what hungry is or why everything's dark or why the mumbling giants who live in your house are nowhere to be seen.

YES! It was horrible, especially the gibberish the Tall Ones used to utter. It was difficult knowing exactly what you wanted but being unable to communicate it.

I remember the first Star Trek episode I ever saw, through the mesh of my playpen in the living room. It was the one with the planet full of androids, and I remember wondering why the guy from The Addams Family was hanging out in caves. I also remember that he made me laugh hysterically every time I saw him in either show.

^
Wow, Legion has one hell of a memory! :lol:

BTW, which Trek episode are you talkign about? It it one of those godawful Lxanna apperances with Mr. Homm in it?