Where I spent my summer (and fall and spring and winter) vacation.

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
From my recent travels, Lakota Nation

the images are big and the last ones blurred because of the awful wind.
7935.imgcache.jpg

7936.imgcache.jpg

7937.imgcache.jpg

7938.imgcache.jpg

7939.imgcache.jpg

Ghost town of Senic (I wanted to buy it, but someone beat me to it)

7940.imgcache.jpg

7941.imgcache.jpg

7942.imgcache.jpg

There was a big national election, the wind kept blowing the signs over (yes thats a tumbleweed stuck on the post)

7943.imgcache.jpg

7944.imgcache.jpg

;)
mm

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
If I ever form another band, I'm calling it Prairie Dogs Have Plague.

Great photos!

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
Pine Ridge Reservation (Oglala Lakota Nation) on the South Dakota/ Nebraska line and it IS desolate. But also very Zen.

;)
mm

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I walked through a prairie fire in that state while on a misguided attempt to hitchhike my way through. Hellish and surreal, not easily forgotten.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
My gf and I are planning a trip to the Badlands. We're gonna go backpacking through there for a month... 'cause we're fucking hardcore like that.

I'm quite jealous.

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
Better bring lots of amo, there are hundreds of thousands of those little varmints around, also rattle snakes, mountain lions, skunks, wolves, porcupines, coyotes, herds of ponies, disgruntled natives, 70 mph winds, dirtstorms. Not a very fun place at all.

Some where I have photos of then Tom (Techman) and I went hiking there. If I ever find them, I'll post some.

;)
mm

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
^It's the challenge of survival, not the sights we're after. Besides, there's beauty in desolation. No light pollution means you can see TONS of stars. Toss in some rudimentary night vision technology and you can see almost the entirety of space.

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
Oh I know about the stars, I was born and raised there and spend lots of time there. The higher elevation helps as well.

;)
mm

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Those are all wonderful, but things like this are an adrenaline rush and a trip to the museum of the universe. It's both thrill seeking and cultural.

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
Took me a bit to find it, but those images reminded me of this:

I stand on the Moon

I lift my visor to stare, not at the Earth,

But at the unending emptiness of space

The emptiness fills me

Makes me buoyant

It reminds me of you

That I'll always miss you

And as I stare at the unending emptiness of space

I realize that nothing is more empty than me