WHO DO YOU WANT TO WIN?

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I's like to see Christopher Plummer win, cuz he's pretty damn old and may not be around to win anything else! (watch him live to be a 100 now)Also he's still charming and hasnt got dementia yet.

curiousa2z

Also he's Canadian. AND WHAT OTHER CANADIANS HAVE BEEN NOMINATED THIS YEAR< EH?!! :rwmad:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Christopher Plummer and Octavia Spencer are absolute locks to win the Supporting trophies. Bet the farm.

Same goes for The Artist for Best Picture. Call the bookie, put up the kids' college funds.

Good bets but not 100%: Jean Dejardinfrenchyboy for Best Actor, A Separation for Best Foreign Film, and Harry Potter getting completely snubbed yet again for any technical awards, because people suck.

Everything else is up in the air. There's anti-Payne backlash hurting The Descendents' chances of winning anything. People think Meryl Streep is going to be handed Best Actress as a substitute Lifetime Achievement award, but the fact is, while she was her usual excellent self, the movie she was in sucked. Viola Davis has grassroots support, plus the bleeding heart voters love to look good giving "racial struggle" movies awards. (ex: the mediocre and preachy "Crash" beating "Brokeback Mountain" for best Pic in '96). There's talk about finally giving Glenn Close the Oscar she earned about 20 movies ago, but not enough talk thanks to Meryl and Octavia, so SORRY GLENN, shine up your Golden Globes and Emmys when you get home.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oh, and Sasha Baron Cohen is an asshole who just started WW3 on the red carpet with Ryan Seacrest. North Korea is probably hitting the red button as we speak. NICE KNOWING Y'ALL!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
On the other hand, he dumped an urn full of Kim Jong-Il's alleged ashes all over Ryan Seacrest's tux on live TV, and I REALLY hate Seacrest, so SASHA BARON COHEN IS THE BEST MAN IN THE UNIVERSE!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Why is Sasha Baron Cohen still famous?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
He's actually quite brilliant, but his humor is polarizing from a taste standpoint.

I don't have much hope for this new Dictator character, but who knows, maybe he'll bring about world peace if all world leaders unite against him.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The Dictator would probably be looking like more of a winner if almost all the most recognisable dictators hadn't died or been ousted while it was being made, unless they quickly filmed some scenes where he's watching Gaddafi get a gun shoved up his nethers and The Dictator's freaking out that he'll be next.

Anyway, on a more pleasant note... I hope Christopher Plummer does indeed get his award, because he's one of those actors who I always assumed had loads already.

I haven't really seen any of the nominated movies this year... for some reason scifi movies don't get much of a look in unless they've cost the Earth.

curiousa2z

CRAP! the channel we are watching had no urn dumpage AT ALL!

IN YOUTUBE WE TRUST

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Natalie should win again.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
The Oscars were boring this year. I couldn't watch much of it.

And yes, my hatred for Meryl Streep is widely known, so I just rolled my eyes when I saw she won. Michelle Williams should have gotten it. She owned that role of Marilyn Monroe.

Hopefully now Meryl won't get nominated for the next fucking decade.

Even the In Memorium, which is why I really watch it, sucked. And this thing where they have those announcing best actor/actresses describe how they were in the movie is cringe-worthy.

BORING MOVIES NOMINATED EQUALS BORING FUCKING OSCARS

curiousa2z

glad I stopped watching soon after Christopher won. It just dragged on and it was getting late and I get up early and they shunned Harry Potter again which broke my spirit anyway. *sigh*

But I do want to watch The Artist.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I'm happy he won too, though secretly I was rooting for HAIL MING. But talk about a lifetime achievement award if they'd given it to him.

curiousa2z

would it have killed them to have thrown Harry Potter that one bone?