Who says time is linear?

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
When people say multiverse, are they not in fact saying multiple UNIVERSES

Isn't that an oxymoron?

It's quite possible that a lot of them mean multiple universes, which IN FACT would be an oxymoron, but I always understood multiverse as a combination of the words multi and verse, which derives from the Latin word vorsum, versum (a noun made from the perfect passive participle of vertere, meaning "something rotated, rolled, changed - at least so says wiki). So, instead of having one thing rotated, rolled, changed, we have many of them.

Back to your initial question, though - yes, by its very definition, universe does encompass everything, so there cannot be anything outside of it.

I'm not convinced that the particular unique arrangement of matter which forms the self aware "me" that exists now will ever exist again. More likely I am just a struggling sputtering spark of awareness which will quickly burn out.
Not too quickly, though, I hope!!!

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
SF= Novels and stories. It can also mean speculative fiction, as well as science fiction.

Sci-Fi is more movies and shows.

I like both, but i think I like SF more.

Well both I guess. I like the Star Trek movies. But I also enjoy reading the Star Trek books.;)

(LOL)

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
The Omniverse is the conceptual ensemble of all possible universes, with all possible laws of physics.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Partial credit for reading A book.

Any book.

HAHA! Its funny you say that. I was the only one in our high school English classes that actually read the books and didn't just buy the Cliff Notes to pass the quizzes.

Sure I don't read as much as I used to. Last book I read was KJA's Last Son of Krypton. And I have a Space Wolves book to read. Maybe I'll try and read that this weekend. And I'm still waiting for Deathly Hallows in softcover so it will be cheaper.

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
HAHA! Its funny you say that. I was the only one in our high school English classes that actually read the books and didn't just buy the Cliff Notes to pass the quizzes.

I was too poor to buy Cliff Notes. Besides, alot of those required books werent that bad once they were given a chance.

The Dork Lord

Whipping Boy

Sure I don't read as much as I used to. Last book I read was KJA's Last Son of Krypton. And I have a Space Wolves book to read. Maybe I'll try and read that this weekend. And I'm still waiting for Deathly Hallows in softcover so it will be cheaper.

That's funny you mention KJA, I know Cassie hates him, but he actually wrote a few things I thought didn't suck.

The Dean Koontz Frankenstein he helped with, but that was mostly Dean.
He wrote a Star Wars Comic that wasn't too awful.
He also did a vampire story that WAS ACTUALLY ORIGINAL, AND NOT A COLLABORATION OR ESTABLISHED PROPERTY.

Mostly I meant stuff like Bradbury, Ellison, Dick, and Leguin. Heinlien also.

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
What was the one....

The jealous boy pushes the athletic boy out of a tree and breaks his arm ruining his future. That one was boring.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
That's funny you mention KJA, I know Cassie hates him, but he actually wrote a few things I thought didn't suck.

He also did a vampire story that WAS ACTUALLY ORIGINAL, AND NOT A COLLABORATION OR ESTABLISHED PROPERTY.

Oh yeah I took a sci-fi course for college and read Huxley, Bradbury, etc.

Loved Starship Troopers and Farenheit 451 and Brave New World. Haven't read any Phillip K. Dick, Ellison, or Leguin.

Everything from Total Recall to Blade Runner was based on the work of Phil Dick.

All three writers have been tremendously influeencial and groundbreaking, and I fully recomend anything you can find from any of them.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin

I don't like him much either. His Star Wars EU novels were downright horrible. He's a SW fanboy who's books are worse than a lot of fanfiction I've read. Granted, I've not read his other work, just his EU novels.

That's wht I mentioned what i did. I know a lot of people hate him, and I can see why. Most of his stuff is utter shit. I never read the Dune sequels for that very reason. I was just pointing out the few things of his I read that didn't make me cringe. (The vampire story was actually pretty good!)