Why did Blockbusters always have one person playing two?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Did they have to make sure to pick two people with the combined intelligence of the solo player?

whisky

Boobie inspector
It was to try and prove or disprove the old adage, two heads are better than one.

CaptainWacky

The only reason anyone ever watch was to hear "I'll have a P please Bob..."

Love Child

One Love
On the other hand, I was at Cucina Cucina the other day and they had a million people running around, and still it seemed there was not enough help.

CaptainWacky

IT'S ALWAYS THE WAY.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The US version was the same, and I always wondered why too.

[YOUTUBE]zdW4YDwc0fU[/YOUTUBE]

OMG ITS A GAME SHOW THAT STARTED IN AMERICA! WHO'DA THUNK IT?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Boring Fact of the Day: I saw Bob Holness in Woolworths once. He left without buying anything.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Do you think he ever buys peas in a shop, or gets someone else to do it because of what the person on the counter will no doubt say as they scan them?

CaptainWacky

Not quite as boring fact: Blockbusters is on Challenge TV right now and a young Konnie Huq is one of the contestants.

CaptainWacky

She just told Bob that she once sat on his knee and he gave her a lolly. I'm not making this up.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
BUT WHAT THE FUCK HAS SHE EVER DONE SINCE, HUH?

Oh yeah... there was all that tv stuff, I suppose...

CaptainWacky

And the breasts.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
We could throw Olympic torches at her as some vague commentary on how she supported a games held by a country that oppresses its women (I don't know if China really oppresses its women, but "creating awareness" of things makes you look good, so the facts really aren't all that important).

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
We may run into a counter-demonstration of men who were helped to overcome public wee shyness by her and Charlie.

CaptainWacky

[YOUTUBE]E0ka4eHS1ek[/YOUTUBE]

GREAT QUALITY UPLOAD

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Watching that, I had to stop and think if I've been drinking today, or if it was just the screen moving around.