hippie_feeling.jpg

Peace and love will steer the stars!!

The Question

Eternal
Peace and love may steer the stars
But baseless faith will bring you scars

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
If you don't believe in God, and there is no god, you are safe.
If you do believe in God and there is no god, you are safe.

If you believe in God and there is God, you are safe.
If you do not believe in God and there is God, you are fucked.

So which one is better for you later, Belief, or Non-belief?

C

Cloudy

BUMMER!!! WHY DO THEY KEEP REPLACING MY PSYCHADELIC IMAGES WITH LITTLE RED Xs??????

NARKS!!!!!!

The Question

Eternal
BlindGroping said:
If you don't believe in God, and there is no god, you are safe.
If you do believe in God and there is no god, you are safe.

If you believe in God and there is God, you are safe.
If you do not believe in God and there is God, you are fucked.

So which one is better for you later, Belief, or Non-belief?

If you believe in God and there is no God, you're a sucker.
If you believe in God and there is a God, you were lucky.

If you don't believe in God and there is no God, you were right.
If you don't believe in God and there is a God, then He created you already knowing you weren't going to believe, which means He created you for the sole purpose of punishing you.

Why give your heart and mind to that kind of sadist?

C

Cloudy

WE SKIP THE LIGHT FANDANGO, TURN CARTWHEELS IN THE SKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Question

Eternal
I like mine better:

Screw you, Father, for you knew I would sin and you made me anyway.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
The Question said:
If you believe in God and there is no God, you're a sucker.
If you believe in God and there is a God, you were lucky.

If you don't believe in God and there is no God, you were right.
If you don't believe in God and there is a God, then He created you already knowing you weren't going to believe, which means He created you for the sole purpose of punishing you.

Why give your heart and mind to that kind of sadist?

Oh dear sweet Q...I was already praying for your health and now I have to pray for your soul? Shit, I'm never going to get any sleep.

The Question

Eternal
Sorry, but I've got to call it like I see it. And there is always the allowance that believers just might be lucky. I'm afraid that's the best I can do.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Does it bug you that I'm sure I'm right? ;)

The Question

Eternal
Not at all -- I don't share your belief, but I won't personally hold it against you, either. Besides, of all the different brands of religion out there, Christianity isn't currently the worst of them -- even if it's of a bad breed, in my opinion, it's certainly not the worst of a bad breed.

Muslim extremists: use their religion as a springboard for racism against all non-Muslims, blow people up, chop off peoples' heads, hold to a system so repressive it's primitive, by the standard of almost every developed nation on Earth.

Jewish extremists: use their religion as a springboard for racism against all non-Jews, lie, cheat, steal and kill.

Christian extremists: harrass, sometimes assault, even more rarely kill, but do these things SO infrequently that it's at least worth a local headline every time it happens. And there are so many fewer Christian extremists, and their supporters and/or sympathizers are so far fewer in numbers, that their crimes really do pale in comparison to those of the other two groups.

Personally, I'd rather you were Buddhist, but of course, it's neither my place to insist on it nor even to try to persuade you to it. Where your personal beliefs are concerned, do what makes you feel right with yourself. :)

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
^Perfect.

I like the principles behind buddahism, it basically the Golden Rule which I try and practice daily but when you've got Jesus in your heart there's just no going back. :mrgreen:

The Question

Eternal
The tenet of Shingon Buddhism (the version I would probably practice, if I wasted my time actually in active pursuit of religious ceremony and all that frippery) is that everything is temporary -- neither pain nor pleasure is a lasting thing. Both are of the moment only, as are we who experience them, and there's no reason to get caught up in an experience of the moment to the detriment of the wisdom to be gained in the long haul.