Why don't vending machines ever work in tv shows?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Whenever a character tries to use one the product inside will be stuck and the characterwill say "OH COME ON" and start shaking it or banging it, or possibly break down crying, the vending machine merely serving as an outlet for his frustrations cause by some plot point.

To be fair, they sometimes work for secondary character who come along and get them to work right away, then the main character will get angry and say "hey, that's my CANDY BAR that just dropped out, I paid for that!" and get into a fight. Or, if it's a nicer secondary character, they'll come along and give the main character a "quarter" so that they can get their stuck candy bar out, then talk to them about their problems.

BUT GENERALLY THEY NEVER WORK FIRST TIME.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Although in real life they broke down a lot too, TO BE FAIR.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
When I worked for UPS in the early 90's, we had an awesome vending machine that had sandwiches, pizza, and burgers, in addition to the normal chips/candy bars. It was amazing, instead of putting in a dollar and watching your chips get stuck on the little rotating spiral, you'd put in like $3.50 and have your pizza get stuck in the back of the machine.

CaptainWacky

Were they freshly delivered every day? Or could you end up with a month old pizza?

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
They delivered them at least daily. They were frozen, and anyway by the end of a shift the machine was pretty well empty of all the non-candy items.

CaptainWacky

They used to get students to restock the vending machines in my last year of high school. It was a good chance to steal choclate, so we all enjoyed it.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Speaking of chocolate, has anyone tried the new chunky kitkat caramel?

Its quiet possibly the tastiest thing I have ever eaten

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
They should make one with curry. And mangoes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
:lock1:

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I used to restock vending machines when I was on work experience at an insurance firm, but don't listen to me, I'm probably a big fat liar!!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I wish there was a TWINKSEX vending machine.

CaptainWacky

Yeah but they'd get stuck and you'd have to pull them out by the dick...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
And keep pulling until something else was "vended".

whisky

Boobie inspector
It would be good if the factory that made vending machines was itself in the shape of a giant vending machine, and every so often one of the vending machines would get stuck, and some giant would have to bang on the side of the factory for it to come out, only it probably wouldn't, then the next guy would get two.