Why should the gov't shore up General Motors

BlazerBoy said:
This is whats known as a "hit-and-run post", Messenger. I have no plans of defending or quantifying my opinions, nor even pursuing the conversation any further.

I find doing it quite fun, especially when people ask me questions about my opinions after I make one, and then I never respond to them. :D
Couldn't think of anything, could you?

And I'm the last person you want to talk to about 'hit-and-run' posts. A person who knows how to execute one wouldn't return this quickly.

When have I EVER not been able to think of something to say, Messenger? I've NEVER been accused of being at a loss of words here, or anywhere else, my dear. :D

Better than that. The platform that will underpin GM's next rear wheel drive midsize sedans and be similar to the new full size sedands as well. That means four things will happen as early as 2008, Pontiac will get a new Trans Am/Firebird to replace the now defunct GTO, GM will FINALLY have a RWD Cadillac DTS to compete in the luxury market, Buick will have a true replacement for the defunct Park Avenue that will rival the DTS in power and size which is rumored to be called the Buick Invicta right now, and most importantly, Chevrolet's moneymaker, the Impala will move up to a full-size sedan with a real V-8 in it. That will be a return to the glory days of the original GM big block v-8 RWD glory days of the early 90's when the Cadillac Fleetwood, Buick Roadmaster, and Chevrolet Caprice/Impala reigned supreme domestically. There is even a rumor that cadillac will drop a Northstar V-12 into the top DTS trim and call it a DTS Fleetwood.

If GM can survive the next year, they will be okay, as long as they keep up improvements to their car design and overall quality.

Back