Why The Simpsons are still cool

whisky

Boobie inspector
That it takes two people to play scratchy surprises me a little.

That Yeardly would get paid the same as Hank hardly seems fair.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Flanders to God, Flanders to God, get off your cloud and save my Todd!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Fox Renews 'Simpsons' For 23rd Season
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Thursday November 11, 2010 @ 8:52am PST

The Simpsons will cross the 500 episode mark with a 23rd season at Fox, which will bring the number of episodes of the animated series to 515. “Like many 22-year-olds, The Simpsons is extremely happy remaining at home, on Fox, and hopes it doesn't have to go out into the real world for many years to come,” said The Simpsons executive producer Al Jean. In addition to running for 22 years, The Simpsons also spawned an animated feature, which will have its broadcast premiere on Fox on Thanksgiving night.
Shocked, shocked I am.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
I remember Yeardly Smith in a white night-gown in "Herman's Head".

"I want this woman, and I want her bad" (as said in a sultry growl by the "female" represented "good" side of Herman's psyche).

CaptainWacky

AXE IT.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Brent Spiner guest-voices as the Power Plant’s robot employees on this Sunday’s episode of The Simpsons (8/7c).

4558.imgcache.jpg

CaptainWacky

I'm saying NOTHING.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Attention idiot media: Matt Groening did not say that the actual Simpsons family lives in Springfield, Oregon. He merely revealed that Springfield, Oregon was the original inspiration, and the town that gave him the idea to use the common city name of Springfield.

Matt Groening Reveals the Location of the Real Springfield

CaptainWacky

Does Groening have any involvementin the show anymore? Has he done anything else?

(Oh, I just forgot Futurama exists too.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yeah he keeps busy. Al Jean has been the #1 showrunner guy for The Simpsons for years, but Matt still gets involved in some way.

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Tonight's episode had a quick 2-minute parody of LOST. (Homer buys a treadmill with a TV on it and he streams old TV shows while walking). It was funny.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
OMG they keep coming back to him obsessively watching STRANDED (what they call LOST) and Marge is yelling at him for not watching it with her 5 years ago when she asked him to, lol.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
YOU GUYS REALLY SHOULD WATCH THIS ONE THERE'S A GOOD COMIC BOOK GUY BIT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HOMER/LOST STORYLINE.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
"The Simpsons" Episode, With Music by Book of Mormon's Robert Lopez, to Air April 29

By Adam Hetrick
18 Apr 2012

A new song by Tony Award-winning Avenue Q and Book of Mormon songwriter Robert Lopez will be featured on the April 29 episode of "The Simpsons."

In an interview with Playbill.com last fall, Lopez broke the news of his work with "The Simpsons" writers on an original song for the long-running animated series. Lopez confirmed to Playbill.com that the upcoming episode is titled "A Totally Fun Thing Bart Will Never Do Again."

According to Fox, "Cruise ship entertainment director Rowan (guest voice Steve Coogan) entertains the ship's passengers with a song that causes Bart to realize their vacation won't last forever." Treat Williams is also one of the guest stars.

Last fall Lopez and his Tony-winning Book of Mormon collaborators – "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone – reunited for a special theatre-themed episode of "South Park" titled "Broadway Bro Down."
Ahem.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Treat Williams, has he just dug himself a tunnel from the 80s?

CaptainWacky

If Natalie's episode was bad I don't have high hopes for Steve Coogan's.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Steve Coogan makes marginally worse choices in America than Russell Brand.

Or he is just shit now, it's one of those two things.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
:shock:

WELL IF THAT REMARK DOESN'T BRING MENTY BACK, NOTHING WILL!

whisky

Boobie inspector
He knocked on his door once when he had left his car lights on.