William Shatner dead at age 79!!

Mystique

McCoy: HE'S DEAD JIM!!
RIP Capt. Kirk. :(

williamshatner_1.jpg

William Shatner’s costar bids him a final farewell.

“Bill and myself didn’t always get along, but he was… my friend. I will miss him.” Those words as much as anything seem to symbolize the relationship between William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy. A relationship that ended with William Shatner’s death this week. Their careers inexorably intertwined since the debut of Star Trek, the two have had a tumultuous relationship. Shatner seemed to have a love hate relationship with all of his costars, usually more hate than love. Still his death brought Nimoy to tears.

William Shatner went on to star in other series such as Rescue 911 and T.J Hooker. T.J. Hooker is regarded by most critics as the most realistic cop show ever. Nimoy, however is almost exclusively known for his role as Spock in Star Trek. His career floundered after the series was cancelled until the show gained cult status. This lead to a career revival in the Star Trek movies. Shatner, in the past, has blamed jealousy of his continued success on the coldness between him and former cast mates.

The relationship between Nimoy and Shatner was cold and strained at times, but it has held up better than Shatner’s relationship the rest of the Enterprise crew. Outside of the movies and fan conventions, most of them want nothing to do with Shatner. James Doohan reportedly died cursing Shatner. George Takaei tweeted “Ding dong the bitch is dead” upon first hearing the report, although the tweet was quickly removed. Still rumor persists that Takei intends on throwing the “gayest rave ever” to celebrate Shatner’s death. So far Nichelle Nichols has not been seen or commented on Shatner’s death. The pair have not spoken since rumors of an alleged affair surfaced. Nichols claimed Shatner started the rumors to combat the homosexual rumors about himself.

The cast members of William Shatner’s other television endeavors seemed to get along better with the former starship commander. Adrian Zmed, costar of T.J Hooker burst into tears upon hearing the news of Willaim Shatner’s death. Heather Locklear was visibly upset but refused to comment as she was leaving her New York home to be with Shatner’s family. Little Billy Hankins, who had his dramatic rescue from a four alarm fire featured on rescue 911 posted on his Facebook “The greatest actor, nay greatest human, of our lifetime is gone to his maker. James Tiberius Kirk is now piloting a cloud with an angel as his science officer. RIP WIlliam Shatner.”

Whatever people thought of William Shatner’s acting talent, it cannot be denied that he has earned a spot in pop culture history. As James Kirk, Shatner bravely took us where no man has gone before. Now he has bravely gone, where every man will one day follow. God Bless you and rest in peace Bill.

Mystique

In remembrance, here is WS performing his rare "Climbing A Mountain" rap.
[YOUTUBE]HU2ftCitvyQ[/YOUTUBE]

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
:rwmad:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
WELCUM BACK, HENOCH!

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Oh, you can lie to your heart's content, you can even lie about Bill. But what you really, really do not want to do around here is upset Cassie by announcing The Shat's death. :whistle:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Perhaps Henoch watched an episode of Shit My Dad Says, and only wished The Shat had died before becoming involved in such a terrible show.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I feel for Mystique, it's an invisible line that has been crossed.

Everyone knows he is immortal

Mystique

I see the Mods are still altering/editing posters content here. I for one expect this from other boards, but not from the so called "Legendary Trollkingdom".

"(IT'S MY STUPID IDEA OF A JOKE)" was added to the thread title by someone other than me. If someone would like to explain why it was so important to do so I'd like to hear it.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Wasn't me.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Could've been a certain curious individual!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
NOT IN THE KINGDOM!

Consumer

Elder Statesman