blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
th

Official Site Of The WNBA
WNBA:ESPN

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
WNBA schedules 2023 draft lottery for Nov 11
The Indiana Fever, Atlanta Dream, Washington Mystics (via a trade) and Minnesota Lynx have qualified for the 22nd annual lottery. The 2023 draft is scheduled for Monday, April 10.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Indiana Fever earn No. 1 pick in 2023 WNBA draft for first time
The Fever had the best chance of any team (44.2%) to get the No. 1 pick. Lottery odds are based on teams' cumulative record over the past two regular seasons.

Carolyn Peck among 12 finalists for induction into Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
Peck led the Purdue Boilermakers to the 1999 NCAA title, a breakthrough achievement for Black head coaches in the women's game. Peck, who played collegiately for the Vanderbilt Commodores, also has been a head coach in the WNBA and for the Florida Gators, along with being a collegiate assistant for the Tennessee Lady Volunteers, Kentucky Wildcats, Purdue and her alma mater.[/size]

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Brittney Griner was moved over 200 miles outside Moscow, lawyers say
Griner's family had dreaded her impending move to a penal colony ever since the appeal of her conviction was denied Oct. 25. Russian penal colonies are known for having far harsher conditions than the Moscow jail where Griner has been since she was detained in February.

US tamps down Russia's update on Brittney Griner talks
U.S. officials had said they hoped their Russian counterparts would engage in good faith after the Nov. 8 midterm elections, but Friday's statement made it clear that such a shift hasn't happened, as least in the eyes of the U.S. government.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Brittney Griner says she plans to play WBNA basketball next season

Brittney Griner said she's "grateful" to be back in the United States and plans on playing basketball again next season for the WNBA's Phoenix Mercury. Her comments came a week after she was released from a Russian prison, freed in a dramatic high-level prisoner exchange. "It feels so good to be home!" Griner posted to Instagram on Friday in her first public statement since her release. "The last 10 months have been a battle at every turn. I dug deep to keep my faith and it was the love from so many of you that helped keep me going. From the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone for your help." Griner also thanked the military staff and medical team in Texas, where she was receiving care after returning to the U.S. last week. She wrote that she would "transition home to enjoy the holidays with my family" but did not say where. While WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert said she was going to give Griner all the time she needed to decide whether she wanted to play basketball again, Griner made it clear that: "I intend to play basketball for the WNBA's Phoenix Mercury this season, and in doing so, I look forward to being able to say 'thank you' to those of you who advocated, wrote, and posted for me in person soon."

Click Here For Full Story

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
How Brittney Griner, Baylor and the city of Waco are still coming to terms
It was the first widely known public event organized in support of Griner in Waco. Griner, who led the 2012 Lady Bears to a 40-0 record and a national championship and won Olympic gold medals with Team USA in 2016 and 2020, was arrested in February while going through customs at a Moscow area airport.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Sources: Mat Ishbia purchase of Suns, Mercury to be official soon
Ishbia becoming the team's official owner by the Feb. 9 trade deadline will clear the way for him to oversee the team's deals with the front office.

NBA board of governers approves sale of Suns, Mercury to Mat Ishbia
Ishbia is buying a 57% controlling stake for $2.28 billion, sources said, with Robert Sarver selling his 37% stake for $1.48 billion. Even after taxes, Sarver is expected to clear nearly double the amount that he and a group paid for the team in 2004 -- then a record $401 million from former Suns owner Jerry Colangelo.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
WNBA Mock Draft 2023: Picks and players projections
With several, but not all major moves of free agency having taken place, it's time for another look at the projected first round in ESPN's 2023 WNBA mock draft. Most players have said publicly they will make that decision after their college seasons end.

Top-5 Picks
No.1: Indiana
No.2: Minnesota
No.3: Dallas
No.4: Washington
No.5: Chicago

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
url=https://www.basketball-reference.com/wnba/draft/]WNBA Draft Index[/url]
The WNBA Draft is an annual draft held by the WNBA through which WNBA teams can select new players from a talent pool of college and professional women's basketball players. The first WNBA Draft was held in 1997.

Last 5 No.1 picks
2022: Atlanta. Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
2021: Dallas. Charli Collier, Texas
2020: New York. Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon
2019: Las Vegas. Jackie Young, Notre Dame
2018: Las Vegas. A'Ja Wilson, South Carolina

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling