X-MEN: Origins.

I really don't consider myself an X-Men fan to begin with (never happened, sorry) so I don't really care about this movie anyway.

Whether it's a pile of crap or not is irrelevant to me though since this movie has already made ME close to a grand this month. :)

I really don't consider myself an X-Men fan to begin with (never happened, sorry) so I don't really care about this movie anyway.

Whether it's a pile of crap or not is irrelevant to me though since this movie has already made ME close to a grand this month. :)

How does it make YOU money?

Ok, I watched it.
I liked it, it was pretty good.

A couple inconsistencies with the movies.
But if you are not a x-men Fundie, it was a really good movie by todays standards.

Damn if the woman who played Kayla isn't just stunning.

I must admit, I am not up on my comic knowledge.
Who is the diamond chic? (who was NOT very cute)?

Deadpool: Is that how he was created?
Are Sabertooth and Wolvie brothers?
(And why was Sabs all blonde body hairy in X1 and he's a clean cut guy in the others?
And none to bright in the first, but now can hold a conversation?

Stryker's son? In the first movie, he was Legion. 2nd? at least still alive.
this Prequal implied that he was dead.

And..Who were those other guys in the Special unit with Wolvie? I don't remember them.

Now having said that, I thought the cinematography was excellent as well as the other camera work.
And they got some good, funny, lines in there.
"I said 'Bub' not 'BLOB'

BUT!!!! What is up with all things that are "Canadian" being shot in New Zealand?
It used to be that all wilderness of Anmerica was shot in canada.
Just sayin'.

^The diamond chick could have been Emma Frost, although she and Silverfox are not related at all.

For some reason I thought Stryker's son was the little boy in one of the cryo tubes because he had one blue eye and one yellow eye, just like in the second one.

As for the special unit guys, Agent Zero is actually Maverick.

430930-Deadpool_Andy%20Smith01_super.jpg

The big fat guy is The Blob (who Wolverine named in the movie).

440px-Blob.PNG

Wraith is John Wraith.

2287271918_b1ed940e3a_o.jpg

And Chris Bradley is Bolt (the guy who runs the carnival).

250px-BoltComics.jpg

You can go to marvel.com to read up on their bios.

yeah, since I'm not up on the fundie comic book stuff either I could just enjoy being entertained...one of those times when ignorance IS bliss.

Zero was supposed to be Maverick and Bradley was supposed to be Bolt?

They changed them both a lot. I didn't even think of that.

Plus/also: Yeah I thought that kid with the eyes was supposed to be Stryker's son (who was supposed to be MASTERMIND, I thought).

Wolverine and Sabertooth weren't related, as far as I know. ALLTHOUGH:

Chris Claremont had meant for Sabretooth to be Wolverine's father, though this was disproved by subsequent writers. Claremont, when asked what he had intended to be the relationship between Wolverine and Sabretooth, stated:
Father and son. That's why Sabretooth always considered Logan "sloppy seconds" to his "original" / "real deal." The other critical element in my presentation of their relationship was that, in their whole life, Logan has never defeated Sabretooth in a knock-down, drag-out, kill-or-be-killed berserker fight. By the same token, on every one of his birthdays, Sabretooth has always managed to find him, no matter where Logan was or what he was doing, and come within an inch of killing him. For no other reason than to remind him that he could." In Wolverine Vol. 2 #42, tests performed by S.H.I.E.L.D. confirmed that Sabretooth and Wolverine were not father and son.
They made quite a few deviations on deadpool. In the comic his only powers are healing and teleportation, his mouth isn't sewn shut, and he's not under anyone's control.

All that aside, I'm quite used to the movies being radically different from the source material by now. And can enjoy the film on its own merits.

Ignorance is bliss.

Only read a few comics and watched the cartoon back in the day.

Liked the movie. :D

OMGZ NOT REALLY LOL

MY FAVORITE X-MEN ARE MAGGOT,

Maggottproflie.jpg

MARROW,

wolverine60.jpg

BEAK,

6a00c2251c020b604a00f48cddf1270003-500pi

LOLWUT?

AND THAT LIZARD HOOKER They had while Joe Casey or whoever was writing:

2605_4_0408.jpg

2xmen012006.jpg

First of all, you need to pay attention to who is writing, directing, and producing this bullshit.

It starts with the Producer. Richard Donner is the executive producer. The rest of them are superfluous. The executive producer is generally the one who provides the most money for the production of the film. He also has the most say-so when it comes to how that money is spent. This means that the film is going to be dominated by their artistic tastes. Judging from Mr. Donner's artistic tastes, it already looks grim.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001149/#producer

Next, we look at the writer. This is the guy who molds the movie and the story (or lack thereof in most x-film cases). For this movie, they had two writers: David Benioff and Skip Woods. Benioff wrote Troy. So, that shows me he knows how to take a good long story and rewrite it to something shorter. Problem is, Troy kinda sucked. It was a great action movie, but the dialogue sucked balls. Woods wrote Swordfish and Hitman. This shows he can write dialogue (Swordfish) and knows how to write a semi-good hero movie (Hitman). Problem with both of them is that they're mediocre writers at best. That's the second clue that this film isn't going to be amazing.

Last, let's look at the director: Gavin Hood. Look at this guy's IMDB director filmography. Can anyone tell me they've actually seen any of those movies? No. Even clicking on those films I can't say they were top-grossing or critically-acclaimed films. Yes, Tsotsi won the Oscar for the best foreign language film of 2005, but since when did the Academy pick good movies? The fact that this director is only well-known in South Africa is your final clue that X-men Origins: Wolverine is going to be a mediocre pile of crap.

Don't even get me started on the casting directors, cinematographer, or production designer.

The only thing I can see that this film did right by looking at the IMDB page is that they hired Amalgamated Dynamics (Spiderman 1-3, AvP, AvP2, Evolution, and Starship Troopers) to do the special effects.

So, it's gonna look good (kinda). That's it. My bet is that you could probably turn off the sound and enjoy the visual alone and that would make it better.

I'm a pretty big x-men fan (as Tisiphone can tell you), so I'm not even gonna go into how horribly they raped Deadpool's awesomeness or that I'm sure Gambit's been either completely nerfed or overdone like Storm was in X1-3.

My opinion: this movie is only worth the bandwidth it would take to download it and (as Marquis said) it's really not worth your cash.

/rant.

Also keep in mind that the writers are basically powerless in Hollywood. They'll write the script, and immediately bend over and take it up the ass from the producers and directors if they want to stay on the project, making changes to the script as how the director, the producer, even the actors want, even if it destroys the integrity of the script.

Back