Yahoo to take boards down December 19th

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
Yahoo! News is working on new ways for readers to comment on the news and participate in a discussion around it. While we work on our new community features, the message boards that have been linked from individual news articles will be taken offline Dec. 19.
As currently set up, the Yahoo! News message boards allow a small number of vocal users to dominate the discussion. In addition, related discussions from similar news articles are not easily linked. Over the next few months, we plan to offer new discussion forums based on topics in the news and incorporating the latest features to foster a better discussion for all of our readers.
===================================================
I have been putting a link to us there so we should be getting some new posters.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
So a few dweebs enjoy posting a lot on the news boards. What they're experiencing is that there are only a few people who engage in discussion and the rest just read the article and close the browser. Fostering discussion is best left to an entire board geared toward discussing the news. Not just letting people post comments on articles. Wow... No wonder Yahoo is losing to google.

dogbert

King of Sarcasm
headvoid said:
Dogbert will adapt I'm sure...

I always have ABCnews to troll and the Yahoo stock boards have had the new makeover for a few months now. I like to go to the WalMart board and claim I heard the Chinese are going to unionize. :) Krispy Kreme Donuts is another good one along with GE and Disney is great for gay bashing due to the large amount of queers there.