You fucking Minefield cunts are pussies actually, not cunts.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
...disagree with Dono's shit, yell at him for being a wiseass, rip on him for bad takes, edit his quotes for hilarity, whatever: just don't change shit in his posts when he can't go back and do the same.

Looks like Dono just perma pwnt the MF.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Exactly. I don't care if people disagree with my takes, that's pretty much the definition of the internet. But don't put words up there under my fucking name if I didn't write them. No matter how harmless the thread seems.

And his defense is horseshit, the "stick to the format." He changed the picture, the quote (apparently I misquoted or put one in she didn't say, SINCE I HAVEN'T OBSESSIVELY MEMORIZED A SERIES OF SHITTY MOVIES), and the way I listed Star Wars 1 to 3 as "The Lame Years."

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Wait, does this mean that since it's the minefield, and I think your entry in this thread sucks, I can go and completely change your post and ignore any complaints about admin abuse whatsoever?

:phpcool:

Donovan

beer, I want beer

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG MF PWNT AGAIN

:rwmad:

Donovan

beer, I want beer
You don't seem to be Dealing with It very well :(

It doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the post, I have a problem with my posts being edited when I can't do it myself. That bothers me. A lot. The post itself was tongue in cheek, my usual style, and meant in slight fun. I didn't expect it to be taken seriously enough that there would be backlash, admin shenanigans, or flamewars over it.

I thanked Wacky for offering to change it back, and for deleting it at my request. I do not have a problem with him, and I think he didn't expect it to get this blown up either.

But frankly, the fact that so many people didn't seem to have a problem with post-editing is disturbing. I had the post deleted because the thread isn't what I thought, a light, humorous way to pass time and discuss our favorite sci-fi. I have no interest in superserious, reverential nerdworship fap threads. I'll leave you to it.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
No, it isn't- it's Dono, Wacky, and Eggs discussing and solving a dissent while Sausageman acts like an ass. Or arse, whatever you prefer.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Thanks for ruining everything DONOVAN :rwmad:

(just kidding, in case you didn't know from the :rwmad: )

Anytime there is a STICK TO THE FORMAT type thread, I know there's going to be TROUBLE in the MF. I'm sure someone is mad at me for ISIS, but I DONT CARE, I LOVE HER, OK? :rwmad:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
But frankly, the fact that so many people didn't seem to have a problem with post-editing is disturbing. I had the post deleted because the thread isn't what I thought, a light, humorous way to pass time and discuss our favorite sci-fi. I have no interest in superserious, reverential nerdworship fap threads. I'll leave you to it.
NOW you finally get what this is! ;)

And the last time TK carried the "free-speech" banner was when Sardy ran it years ago. But this thread is a bad example if you want to talk about being troubled by post-editing. It's a nerd side-project run by a Who's Who of alcoholism, agoraphobia and Asperger's. (I'm two of the three)

Overall, for the kind of board TK is, you have to admit that underhanded moves like editing and "OMG admin abuse" simply don't happen much at all. This is still the same board you enjoyed a few days ago. Just don't fuck with Padme!

jack

Jesus, Wacky already admitted he was wrong, just move along and stfu. There is no "salve" for this "wound" Just let it scab over.

jack

Shall we split this hair a little moar?

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
You do realize that breaking the format of threads is something I used to do, regardless of where it is, right? Just change the man's post back, and if he ain't flooding, ignore it, or split it out. Edit for comedy effect, or if it's any of jack's posts. Otherwise, leave it be.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Oh, and we're PANSIES, not cunts or pussies. Get it wrong again, I'll edit that shit out.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
thank you. I was just about to report this thread to a mod.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
U'm a little drunk and am in no mood to extrapolate this thread. Can someone please bullet list who I'm banning?

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
everyone who was in chat tonight. :D

that was fun, guys!