You know, if the world were going to end soon..

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
...I think I'd be OK with that. Let's see:

-I met and married the woman of my dreams and have 2 awesome kids
-Stephen King finished his epic Dark Tower Series
-I got to see 3 additional Star Wars films, something I never thought would happen
-I got to see Buffy and Angel conclude
-The Harry Potter series is finished
-I got to see the series finale of Lost
-Marvel actually produced X-Men and Spider-Man movies, and they weren't low-budget pieces of crap

There really isn't an "epic" TV or book series right now that is a "before I die" type of thing.

So, yeah, I guess I'd be OK with it, as long as my family was well taken care of.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I'm happy the world might end because the Harry Potter series has finished.

This is not sentence or sentiment I really expected to see in an educated man. What grade did you get to?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I wouldn't care if the world ended because I wouldn't be alive to care. ALTHOUGH, I hope the world doesn't end before we figure out how to travel through the universe at WARP 9.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I'm happy the world might end because the Harry Potter series has finished.

This is not sentence or sentiment I really expected to see in an educated man. What grade did you get to?

MBA.

I supposed that would be grade 17 or 18 to someone such as yourself...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Don't you want to see your kids grow up? Graduate college? Get married and make you a grandpa? (Oh by the way, they will both rebel and become ACLU lawyers and MSNBC commentators)

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
You know me well enough to know I am being deliberately antagonistic.

Do you not think that perhaps visiting the Greek islands, the barrier reef, The iguazu waterfalls.

Maybe learn a language, introduce your children to people who are not white, anglo saxon protestant americans, invent a new method for shelling peanuts, christ anything than purely consuming the production of a few authors and Hollywood.

Do you not think?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
WARP 9 :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I just think of all the wanks I am yet to have...

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I think of all the post-apocalyptic disaster movies I'd be missing.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Which is also the rating it will get on IMDb once it's made into a shitty TV movie.

whisky

Boobie inspector
They are supposedly making it into a tv series and movie series at the same time, although no doubt it will get cancelled at some point.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I love Stephen King and the DT but I think most of the movie/tv adaptations of his books have been CRAPTASTIC. Like they should all be on SyFy Saturday nights OR SOMETHING.

I hope 3.5 is just as good as the rest of the series.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
The Stand is still his best book.

Anyway. Short of a random gamma ray burst directed this way we should be fine. There is of course no such thing as End Times as depicted in the Bible because that's not real of course!

I don't think I want to die though. I'd like to see if it's possible to GET happier before being annihilated.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I believe millions will die when Natalie's baby is born. And it'll be worth it.

Daystrom

m'frstthotontconinthesack
We would all rue the day you were born for skanking out on your wife for a white woman.