Banned from SC

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
I thought that Cait liked me? The thought of Cait not liking me depresses me more than being banned.

Friday

Bazinga!
Posted by RobL:

DarthSikle's Ban:

Rumor has it that DS has been banned for "abuse of the karma system" - whatever that means.

If its true, I don't like it one bit. We've observed the "no trolling" rule with remarkable restraint and have gotten along fairly well with everyone. How is it now, that after several months of being here that now all of a sudden, when he gets access to give karma, he's banned. He made no trolling posts, and had no problems.

This stinks to high heaven.

Friday

Bazinga!
DarthSikle said:
I thought that Cait liked me? The thought of Cait not liking me depresses me more than being banned.
Yeah, but in her eyes you were fucking with her precious board. Which comes, of course, before any friendship she may have forged.

RobL

Friday said:
RobL and DarthSikle, apparently you both neglected to read the rules when you registered:

So actions, like banning and such, are implemented according to the board owner's whim. In other words, if the board owner doesn't like you, you're screwed. Fairness be damned.

Except, Cait's been on record as saying that she liked DS, and didn't really see him as a troll or problem member. Hell, given all that I've done to her and called her over the years, she basically made a forum for me and made me a mod with no questions asked. So she dosen't hold a grudge.

I have a feeling that this is a Hambil decision. He just banned DS because he thought he was up to his old tricks.

Friday

Bazinga!
To be fair, however, the email you received was from Hambil. Perhaps Cait hasn't been online yet, and does not know what's going on.

Edit: Redundant because RobL beat me to it.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Hambil's a little perv.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
I never received an e-mail. That e-mail was from last week when I forgot my password. That's another thing, you just get banned with no notice. I only noticed it when i went to go to the site.

RobL

Friday said:
Yeah, but in her eyes you were fucking with her precious board. Which comes, of course, before any friendship she may have forged.

Seeing that she' has already deleted everyone's "neg karma" once before, it doesn't really seem to be a massive problem though (giving neg karma, I mean). Plus, she said that she didn't like it in the first place, and has just turned it off. So, problem solved, isn't it? Turn off karma, no more problems.

Also, IIRC, DS just got access to the karma system (you need 100 posts to give it). The problem with negging existed long before the both of us got access to it. So why only ban DS? Others are doing it, why only go after him?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
This is so interesting. I'm beating off to it.

Friday

Bazinga!
Ahh. Cait reversed the ban. Good on her.

So it *was* Hambil's doing, after all. Huh....

VKD

Banned
looks like hambil's preparing for some sort of war....

hamster_with_gun.jpg

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Cait says, in great big letters:

He should be able to log in and post now.

And just so you know, you are right... I *do* like DS. I always have.

So try again, then raise hell once you're there. Tell'em CoyoteUgly sent you.

RobL

Looks like I called it. A Hambil fuck-up.

I had a feeling that was it. Cait's been on record that she doesn't like the arbitrary nature of decisions at EI, and this was as arbitrary as it comes.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
It would be fun to punch Hambil repeatedly in the face.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
jack said:
It would be fun to punch Hambil repeatedly in the face.
He'd cry like a little fucking sissy girl if you did. Hell jack, even you could take him out.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
VKD said:
CU how did you do the scrolling banner? :lol:

There's a marquee button on there... something like [move][/move] or like that.

We should have that here... it's cool as hell... HINT... HINT.

Friday

Bazinga!
Does SC have a list of censored words, or is that a self censoring thing?