Banned from SC

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
LOL. I actually LIKE blind groping. He even gave me an EI dual once. I just negged him to cover my negging other SC members.

VKD said:
how was it being abused?
Well...there was an SC member and to this day I don't know who it was, that member would neg everyone, including yours truly, surreptitiously in the dead of night while everyone was sleeping. When we would log in the next morning we would realise that we had been negged to smithereens during the night before. It was very, very annoying to say the least.

The way the karma system works over there it's not possible to tell who has negged you. It's all done anonymously. So yes, in my opinion, the karma was being abused and I, for one, am glad to see that it has been eliminated.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Grammour Boy said:
Well...there was an SC member and to this day I don't know who it was, that member would neg everyone, including yours truly, surreptitiously in the dead of night while everyone was sleeping. When we would log in the next morning we would realise that we had been negged to smithereens during the night before. It was very, very annoying to say the least.

The way the karma system works over there it's not possible to tell who has negged you. It's all done anonymously. So yes, in my opinion, the karma was being abused and I, for one, am glad to see that it has been eliminated.

OMG!!! You poor victim!!!

VKD

Banned
Grammour Boy said:

OH NOES!!
ohnoessmiley.gif

I still ask, how was it being abused? was anybody hacking it or putting code in to disrupt the board?

VKD

Banned
Friday said:
Does SC have a list of censored words, or is that a self censoring thing?

it's ironic that they censor swear words to 'protect' members, when the board's own name conjures up an incredibly violent image....

RobL

VKD said:
it's ironic that they censor swear words to 'protect' members, when the board's own name conjures up an incredibly violent image....

Its an optional thing. You can turn it off, but it is on by default.

Friday said:
RobL and DarthSikle, apparently you both neglected to read the rules when you registered:

So actions, like banning and such, are implemented according to the board owner's whim. In other words, if the board owner doesn't like you, you're screwed. Fairness be damned.
Friday, you should register an account over there and log your displeasure with the guidelines. That's what I would do if I felt the way you do.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Negging them in the dead of night? Hells bells, he could have done it during the day and no one would have caught him.

VKD said:
OH NOES!!
ohnoessmiley.gif

I still ask, how was it being abused? was anybody hacking it or putting code in to disrupt the board?
It was being abused in my opinion because someone was negging people indiscriminately for no good reason.

Friday

Bazinga!
Grammour Boy said:
Friday, you should register an account over there and log your displeasure with the guidelines. That's what I would do if I felt the way you do.
Not likely my registration would be approved.

You see, I don't participate in groupthink, and I feel decisions should be made based on the facts of the situation, not on someone's personal bias.

That counts me out right there.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Friday said:

You see, I don't participate in groupthink, and I feel decisions should be made based on the facts of the situation, not on someone's personal bias.

Nah. Cait would approve it. SHe let me, Robl and CU in.

Friday

Bazinga!
DarthSikle said:
Nah. Cait would approve it. SHe let me, Robl and CU in.
The only reason I would join is to challenge the board. That would be construed as trolling. I would call it as I see it.

I don't think the owner would appreciate that.

But what the hell. Lord knows I need a diversion from RL right now, sooooo......

Friday said:

I don't participate in groupthink either. However, I like to keep an open mind about things.

DarthSikle said:
LOL. I actually LIKE blind groping. He even gave me an EI dual once. I just negged him to cover my negging other SC members.
Why was I on the neg list? I've never had any problem with you anywhere. Why did you neg me? What have I ever done to you? Please pray tell.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I'm palming my meat to this thread. Maybe I should squeeze the base so I don't come too quickly.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
missmanners said:
Where? What?

tell!!!

:meh:
mm

Start a post over there, and look at the option switches... there's one that's an "M" with an arrow through it. That's the scrolling marquee button. It puts both ends of the code in the post box, and you just put the text in.

That would be sugar for here, ya know. Of course, once you put it in, entire threads will be comprised of nothing but scrolling marquees for about a month.

Friday

Bazinga!
Grammour Boy said:
I don't participate in groupthink either. However, I like to keep an open mind about things.
I've been told by a very good friend that I do have an open mind.

Very well. I will approach this topic with no preconceived notions. I will go in, state my reservations, and listen to the answers, without judgment. Based on those answers, I will then make a determination as to my opinion on the matter.

If my registration is approved.

Ow.