COVID-19 check in thread

Mirah

I love you
So today instead of saying, "I avoid it like the plague" I said, "I avoid it like covid"

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I got a bruise the size of my fist from the shot. It's still all purple but stopped hurting after the 2nd day

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
My sinuses are still playing up and I met someone else this morning who has the same issue. Still, worth it to know I don’t have to worry about coved.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I had blood taken yesterday and it didn't hurt at all, which means when I get my covid vaccine my arm will probably fall off or something because I'm due some pain.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
My arm hurt less the first time, I think it in some part has to do with who is giving you the shot. There is an art to giving them.

Mirah

I love you
My sinuses are still playing up and I met someone else this morning who has the same issue. Still, worth it to know I don’t have to worry about coved.
My sinuses are making me miserable right now. I feel safe in thinking it isn't covid since mass people around me are not sick right now-or no one actually is. Luckily my work now has mail in tests-with results overnight, but I am waiting to use mine unless I have symptoms or just before I visit my mom. (But she has both vaccines)

I hope you feel better!

jack

I made a very effective allergy relief tincture, which I now keep in stock as part of my product line. My wife said she hasn't taken Claritin or Zantac since she's been using it. Terrible mold season up here during the melt, so it's quite helpful.

Mirah

I love you
I made a very effective allergy relief tincture, which I now keep in stock as part of my product line. My wife said she hasn't taken Claritin or Zantac since she's been using it. Terrible mold season up here during the melt, so it's quite helpful.

What is this tincture made of?

jack

Its made with equal parts eyebright, nettle, chickweed, burdock root and elecampagne. First batch I made I used MCT oil (its highly refined coconut oil Medium Chain Triglyceride). You put all the herbs in a crock pot and add the oil til it covers the herbs (say one oz each of the herbs) cook on low for 24 hrs (keep the temp at about 175 degrees). I also used to let it cool in the crockpot for a day. This improves the extraction greatly. Then you strain the mixture through cheesecloth into a bowl making sure you get the menstruum out of the oil. The menstruum is what the herbs are called at this point. Then pour the extracted oil into one ounce bottles with a 2 ml dropper. You will probably yield 10-14 bottles this way. 1 to two droppers as needed when the symptoms come on. Works very well. You might add 4-6 droppers of maple syrup per bottle as the herbs are quite "earthy" on their own. I use Vt Maple Syrup :D. I have a commercial grade low heat extractor I now use which speeds up the process to about 90 minutes an extraction with a little better potency. Next batch I'm going to use Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) instead of MCT oil as that's an additional anti-allergen and also a great herbal extraction liquid.

Easy to make and works well. Relieves all the symptoms and lets you breathe better. I always keep it in stock for 25$ a bottle

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Being young is a curse sometimes.