Current missing items

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Found the mop body. Also found a cat toy I forgot to list as missing.

There was a chirping bird cat toy on an impulse display hook in the pet aisle when I had Old Cat. Luckily she wasn't that thrilled with it because it was insufferable. It had about a 7 second chirping digital recording that played if you even looked at it funny. And I think it had catnip in it. Because why not? I figured New Cat would enjoy it because it fits his personality. And I'd seen it but I couldn't remember goddamn where.

I have an EXTREMELY LONG back door hall closet. My house was almost certainly built before indoor plumbing. So when that came along, they tacked a little bathroom onto the back of the house, next to the back door, which opened into the kitchen. Later they decided to extend the house back, we'll say 5' past the old bathroom. Gah. I need a picture. At some point, the stairs to the basement ran behind the bathroom. That is the current configuration to the house. At one point the door was probably outside like in "The Wizard of Oz" but wfter they extended the house, it had an actual door, opposite the new back door. So you come in the current back door, you're faced with a door that leads to the basement, set in a wall that contains the bathroom. To the right is what used to be a kind of undefined open space that was probably a dining room. (I turned this into something that can be counted as a bedroom, but don't confuse yourself with that.) The important thing is that there's 4-5' of space on the other side of the basement stairs, going back the length of the bathroom, plus the 5' or so. Since there was no other practical use for that space, they made it a big long closet. Now the bathroom and the aforementioned closet--and the stairs to the basement--all back up to the wall of my bedroom. Indeed, if you go down the stairs to the basement, you see the framed-in back window for my bedroom. It is drywalled over in the bedroom, but you see the actual window frame over the steps on the other side. As an old ass house, its closets are ridiculously tiny. All this finally gets me to the point that there's a big-ass closet just 2 layers of drywall from my bedroom. And because I'm a dramatic geek, I plan to, when I have time and money, saw through the drywall to create a closet door. Then I'll panel the back wall of the bedroom so I can create a secret door.

OK. We're caught up. I'm decompressing and getting ready for the new week. I'm reading the Old Testament (Chronicles 1, Chapter 8) and Von Clausewitz "On War" (Book 1, Chapters 1 & 2). I'm flipping between the two because they're both important but dry as fuck. Also, they are in different styles, so when I cannot endure another page of "and so Borat begat Shiraz and Moab and Bezial and Turdwell and all told his family consisted of 3 score and 20 thousand able warriors..." or "understanding that the ultimate intention of conflict is to destroy the enemy's will to fight. This can consist of a reduction of the enemy's army, the seizing of his provinces..." I decided to wander to the back of the Long Closet and cut out the back of the drywall with the keyhole saw.

I failed in this venture. This old-ass drywall is as sturdy as concrete. And, after numerous false starts where I feared I was trying to cut into a stud, I gave up. BUT! While I was back there, I found the missing mop cover. I also found the aforementioned chirping bird catnip toy. I gave it to The Cat. And before I got halfway through this post The Dog came down off her lair on my bed, next to her plush toy dog teddy bear, said "yeah, this is mine now," and stole it from The Cat. She's sitting here resource-guarding it and growling if The Cat gets too near the bed. Little does she know I have a brand new cardinal toy--with real feathers and everything--that I haven't even activated the battery on. I can give that to The Cat if needs be. For now we'll see where it goes. It would appear the battery on the canary is about done. It sounded pretty tired when The Dog plopped it on the bed next to her teddy bear.

Mirah

I love you
I have not had anything missing since I have been on the other side of the mountains.

Do you have pictures of your animals?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Yes. But this board does not make it easy to share them.
319039131_10223241870939601_2318438687821249193_n.jpg

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
318973848_10223241876659744_7021074169826819904_n.jpg

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
So yeah. I'm just retarded. Because the back wall of my bedroom used to be the back wall of the house there's plywood under the drywall. I'm lucky I didn't hit siding (although maybe if/when I get through the plywood I'll hit siding. That actually makes sense. So the secret door project will probably wait a bit.

Mirah

I love you
I seem to misplace things quite often.
Currently I can't find my down blanket which would come in handy for this cold weather. I have a feeling it is inside of one of my sleeping bags from a camping trip.

I can stop looking for this blanket now. I just found a picture of one of the places I had it last and I think I must have left it behind and now it probably got burned in a fire.

Mirah

I love you
Here is said blanket sitting behind Lucy the cat with the santa mug.
This was the house I stayed at before the current place I live. I might have left it behind.
Those people moved and suffered a house fire unfortunately. But the cat and the people are safe!

2DquExF.jpg

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Where are all my damn tape measures? I had one for my junk drawer and another for the garage. Then I found one so I put it in the basement. If I'm lucky, I can find the one in the garage. There might be a little one in the glove box of my car from an old job. I dunno.

Mirah

I love you
Well its been a while eh.

I thought I was going to come in here and admit that I lost my cards, which were not in my wallet. But I found them! Yay!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Was it in a tree?

CaptainWacky

That's a tree if you're a file!

Mirah

I love you
My black hat
which if said too quickly sounds like black cat
also missing are at least 2 lip balms
I just opened another 3 pack of lip balm just to replace what i can't find.
ridiculous.

Mirah

I love you
Last week I found one of my lip balms-it was in the driveway and had been run over.

AND THEN today I found my black hat! Yay!

Also, my black and white cat WAS missing for part of the day yesterday. He has been hiding because he doesn't like the sound the snow makes when sliding off the roof or any of the other noises associated with snow. Who knew snow could be so loud!

CaptainWacky

Get the cat ear muffs.

Mirah

I love you
Good idea.
I found another lip balm near the porch when I was shoveling some snow last weekend. I didn't open it up to see if it was actually mine, I just threw it on to the porch in disgust at myself for constantly loosing that stuff.