Current missing items

StarMan™

Good idea.
I found another lip balm near the porch when I was shoveling some snow last weekend. I didn't open it up to see if it was actually mine, I just threw it on to the porch in disgust at myself for constantly loosing that stuff.

Wait - is it possible that this is how you lose stuff in the first place? You find something, pick it up, then throw it away in disgust for losing it in the first place - effectively losing it again?

And the vicious cycle continues. :(

Mirah

I love you
lol

I just buy new ones to replace the ones I lost. I mean I'm not going to use lip balm once its been on the ground, even tho it has a lid. I mean if I just dropped it and picked it up-that is one thing, but I think this one was there before the first snowfall. Gross.

Mirah

I love you
I did eventually toss it in the trash.

Current missing items:
2 ornaments: a fox and a blue bird

I hid them from my cat until I could put them on the tree and now I cannot find them.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Forgot to post it, but my plumber's putty. The little cap on the sink faucet that hides the screw and has "H/C" on it is missing enough "teeth" that it doesn't snap on properly so I was going to put a little pinch of plumber's putty under it to stick it in place. But I couldn't find it. It wasn't down in the basement so I figured I'd brought it to the house I was working on. Couldn't find it in the closet or the toolbox or the garage there. Well as I'm finishing that house up I've been moving stuff home, which has given me a chance to search more thoroughly and no, it definitely wasn't at the renovation house. So when I was in the basement yesterday to do laundry I had another look and it was right where it was supposed to be, on top of all the other plumbing odds and ends, next to the paint.

I must've thought it was glazing putty [when I looked at it earlier]. Or this tub of soldering flux that I accidentally bought awhile back and haven't been smart/sane enough to just throw out.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Fuck. I have--or should have--a little black ALICE-style backpack. Got it for Stargate: SG1 cosplay but it's handy for times when I need to go somewhere and bring assorted little items that I want to keep compartmentalized in its little pockets and pouches. Like tomorrow. It is apparently NOWHERE. I didn't go out to the shed the van and motorcycle are in and I didn't completely tear the house apart, but after a fairly thorough search--to include the trunk of my car--I cannot find it. I'm inclined to think I used it for some thing, set it down somewhere, and forgot to collect it when I left. Bah.

Mirah

I love you
I hope no food was left in it!

I am missing a charging cable
I found my yak trax that I didn't even post about yet
Still missing ornaments........

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. I already covered the pack. No, no food. If I was using it for an event, it contained odds and ends. Clothing changes, etc. The big thing is that it had a map pocket in the top flap so it was easy to tuck any tickets and directions in a handily accessible place. It may be here still. It looks like I must conduct a comprehensive inventory. Because I am also missing a .357.

I don't like gun safes. If someone is trying to murder you I really am not too keen on the idea of having to hunt for a key. And the key has to be hidden at least relatively well or the point of having a safe is moot. I have a captains bed so I used to keep my guns under the bed. Pull out a drawer, slide the guns in on the floor, put the drawer back. Simple. Elegant. Theoretically effective. BUT. My Kentucky house was humid. This was made worse because I did not understand Kentucky humidity and let it get out of control when I first moved. So my guns were rusting. The leather and wood were getting moldy. So I had to pull them out from under the bed and tuck them in a closet.

After 2 years I got burglarized. They were looking for guns. They left laptops and expensive watches and other things of value and only took guns. Professional thieves. They missed a pistol and left a rifle. I have 3 theories beyond random target, but that's neither here nor there, the point is, I moved not long after that (not because of the burglary) so I installed a gun safe. But I hated the idea of having my guns locked up. So, over time they've found their way out. The pistol that wasn't stolen stayed where it was. I found a good hiding place for another (that I'd bought to replace a stolen one). Eventually I just stuck another in an obvious place that the previous one got stolen from because I just was tired. All the long guns are still locked up for now.
Amazingly, the cops recovered my .357 within a week of the burglary. It took almost a year to get it back, but that's another story. It was the only gun I got back. But that's another story. Well tonight I decided to find a Safe place to hide it so it would be handy if I needed it. Opened up the safe and it wasn't there. Obviously some previous night I'd decided to find a Safe place to hide it--and then forgot about it. A cursory search failed to recover it. So clearly I need to take the place apart and locate this goddamn firearm. Because I'm 98% certain someone didn't just break in and steal that particular item--when it is more likely I put it Someplace Safe Where No One Would Find It. On the plus side I may find the backpack back in the process--maybe with a revolver in it.

Meanwhile, as I type this, The Dog goes nuts in an "I KILL YOU!" barking frenzy over some invisible enemy that makes me even more jangly and in need of another cocktail.

Mirah

I love you
Yesterday I was putting away the tote of Christmas decorations and found the fox and the bird! (They were hidden inside a stocking)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Just like John Shaft.

Found it. It was generally where I thought it would be, once I realized I'd moved it from the safe--somewhere that it is quickly accessible (if you remember you put it there)--but not easy to find.

Mirah

I love you
That is great!

I am missing 1 black glove and another item I thought of earlier but now forgot what it is. It is related to winter wear tho I am sure.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Long-term missing, almost certainly in a box in the basement, not particularly missed but might as well mention it: natural sea sponge for the shower. The old house had a beachy motif to the bathroom so I had a sponge and some seashells on one shelf. The seashells are probably missing too, but they don't really go with the current bathroom.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Oh, and the goddamn "Runes" album of Led Zeppelin on audiocassette. That disappeared in the early 90s and I never saw it again.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Ooo I hate that.

My sister buys a pair a week at the pharmacy, she has a basket full of them on her endtable whenever she loses them lol.

Mirah

I love you
Wow! I only have 3 pair. One for living room/kitchen. One in my bedroom and one at work. I now know i also need one in my car for when i go places.

Mirah

I love you
Glasses: Found
I discovered them as I was sitting on the floor petting Arthur, the cat. They had fallen between the desk and the bed.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
There's a Roku remote somewhere under my couch but I can't be arsed. I have several backups...

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I can't find my HAPPY PLACE.