DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
At least two memorable ones this morning. Unfortunately I only remember one:

I was working on production of this trilogy. Must've been a movie because you don't usually think of books being written by a team although it seemed like there were some publishing-like settings for the scenes. For lack of a better description, it was kind of like a black Forrest Gump--only not retarded. It was a 3 film story about this amazing black character and all his amazing adventures. I may have been the only white guy involved in the production. Anyway, a lot of us didn't really think there was 3 movies worth of material in the story and someone agreed to go bring it up with the person in charge and I felt kind of bad because we'd put him up to it and we could see that the meeting wasn't going very well for him.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Working on a dog food assembly line. It's wild, how dreams change as they progress; your brain realizes the initial story isn't working so it changes and then that's the way it always was. Basically the station in front of me shot kibble into a dish. Then I'd take it, shoot wet food into the dish and pass it to the next station. But the person in front of me was screwing up so I'd have to wait until I could do my work--and/or finish their step. So I was getting behind and the steps for the equipment were getting out of synch. Pretty soon supervisors were watching me and I had to pull the cord to stop the line. But first I accidentally pulled a cord for a light or a fan or something. But then I stopped the line and got just about caught up enough that I was ready to restart the line, but the supervisors wanted to go over the steps more. There were 2 bowls that nested within each other and the dry food went in one and the wet went in the other and each time I had to push a couple buttons to make food dispense. And I had to adjust the amount on the machine so it was right but the settings were in fractions or something so I had to translate in my head what the setting should be--and which notch on the dial actually related to the setting. I was pissed because obviously no one had told me any of these extra steps, they'd just put me there with much simpler instructions--also because there were way too many and too complex a steps for all the other stations on the line. Eventually they started the line up again but that was about the end of the dream.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was at work which was closer to the river than it really is, I heard jets in the sky and saw two planes fighting, one a blackbird, the other an A10, two planes that would never fight, but they did, and the blackbird was shot down, it's cockpit ejecting into the river, the pilot got out and started attacking people, I retreated into work and started to make a weapon. But I woke before the guy made it inside.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I had a bunch last night, including a neat one that patched together multiple disparate dreams into one long narrative. But I forgot all of them. I do remember one where I was either watching a documentary or on an actual archaeological dig, where they'd discovered Batman was real. They found, like, remains from Commissioner Gordon and possibly one of the Robins. Then they found the Batplane and there was a pilot in the cockpit. It was Bruce Wayne and he was apparently in some kind of suspended animation. Then, the day they were going to open the cockpit, they found a note (and possibly some horrible crime) that claimed to be from The Joker. Bruce Wayne was alive so he went up to Wayne Manor with a fairly bulky briefcase and was starting to change into Batman and he could hear the Joker nearby.

Mirah

I love you
I was at work which was closer to the river than it really is, I heard jets in the sky and saw two planes fighting, one a blackbird, the other an A10, two planes that would never fight, but they did, and the blackbird was shot down, it's cockpit ejecting into the river, the pilot got out and started attacking people, I retreated into work and started to make a weapon. But I woke before the guy made it inside.

We have fly overs all the time over here, I wonder if you do also?
Some people don't like them, I do.

Mirah

I love you
I lay in bed last night after my first round of dreams trying to repeat each one so I wouldn't forget them and they are gone out of my memory.
The last dream I had I was on a bike ride with a group of people
I went exploring on my own after the first day and I found some cool stores and ice cream shops and interesting characters
The one part that was recurring in that dream (The other dreams were original which is why I wanted to remember them) was that I had to take apart my "vehicle" my bike had become some sort of cart and I got myself stuck inside someone's garden (freudian euphamism probably) and so I had to un-assemble it and re-assemble it to get out.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I saw a mushroom cloud grew on the horizon, I don't know if the Russians had nukes us or if it was a meteor impact. I used my phone to take a picture and noticed when I zoomed in there was another one behind it.

From the direction it looked like it was Bridlington and Scarborough.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. Interesting dream progression last night. Had a prop make a transition into an unrelated dream.

The specifics of the first dream were kind of vague, basically it was that reality show, "Wife Swap." There were these two troubled families and for counseling/therapy they had to run around this "Hogan's Ally" fake town, throwing beanbags at each other. And/or hitting each other with throw pillows. I was part of it in some capacity and ran out beanbags (you picked them up after someone threw them, kind of like dodgeball) so I was throwing rags or something. But the spouses were more interested in the other party's spouse than their own. At one point I had to chase this woman, played by a wife I knew in Oregon who has since gotten divorced, and hit her in the ass with a pillow. I'm pretty sure she was intentionally running slow so she could get hit in the ass.

Then we jump to an unrelated dream. I'm in some kind of infantry team in a defensive position and we're expecting to get attacked by overwhelming numbers. For some reason I have a medium machinegun. I think there was some limited lucid dreaming involved and I know how often guns malfunction for me in dreams so I'd asked the leader if I could use a personal AR-15 that happened to be stored nearby and he said something like "sure, you can use your Grandpa's gun." I was thrilled by this and instead got my M-14. (This is all tactically absurd. If you're about to be swarmed you want machineguns, not semiautomatics and while the M-14 is the same caliber as the M240 or the M60 (what I'd had), the rate of fire just doesn't compare and while it fires a more damaging bullet than the AR-15, the magazines only hold 2/3 as many, so you're stopping to reload more often.) Anyway, the leader was skeptical of the M-14 (and/or my subconscious again was knowing how often guns fail for me in dreams) so I saw an IT contractor I'd worked with who'd been a Marine Drill Instructor and rifle team member, called him over and showed him the gun. He promptly snapped through a manual of arms and inspected it, deemed it worthy, and I was told I could use it. Everyone with their little black plastic guns was in awe.

Then we jump to some kind of S&M party. But somehow I've still got the M-14. This girl is going to be tied onto a bed/rack and whipped by 2 guys but me and another guy are supposed to be sort of chaperones to make sure no hard limits get crossed. The guy I'm supposed to be watching keeps trying to do shady stuff and I'm having to keep him in line. Meanwhile I'm trying to get a chance to put away the rifle (which by now has a fixed bayonet) but every time I get distracted I have to hurry back. Then some other guy comes up and the tied up girl looks straight at me and very clearly mouths "HELP ME!" so I come up with the rifle and menace the guy with the bayonet and he quickly gets the right idea and backs off. At some point someone confesses they were fucking with the rifle and busted the tip on the bayonet. They had, but I pointed out that I wasn't too upset because I could still run someone through with it pretty effectively if need be.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Stayed up a lot later than I'd planned on Daylight Savings Time night. Figured I'd be hosed this morning but wound up waking up right about when I should've...and proceeded to snooze alarm dream an extended bit about being at a conference/convention with a bunch of peers and it being time to leave when the conference wraps up and everyone trying to clean up their hotel rooms and pack and make sure they didn't leave anything.

Mirah

I love you
My housemate put a pile of dirt with worms on the dash of my car.
I was going through an intersection when I lost all power of the car.

Then there was a bit about toxic positivity

Mirah

I love you
I fell asleep writing that. I think I'm going to invent an imaginary friend based off a dream character m, what to name her tho.....

Mirah

I love you
A beautiful beautiful dream
I expressed something to someone and they responded genuinely
And they thought maybe they weren't cut out for what I expressed and the people behind us intervened
And they were beautiful also
And then I noticed a shell in the sand
We were at some sort of group setting outside
I touched the shell and a crab came out of it
Was it a hermit crab?
It was such a beautiful dream
It won't happen in real life so I will just sit with this feeling and enjoy it

Mirah

I love you
Off the wall dreams this week

Hiking with a group, but not for fun. We were on some sort of mission.
Ant hill.
That's all I'm going to say
We used some sort of water source to get rid of them
Either a lake m, or the ocean

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I dreamed I was a mailman delivering rural mail this morning.

Every mailbox had weird stuff in it with postage stickers all over it. A beaver. 6 dildoes wrapped in tinfoil. one mailbox was stuffed with spaghetti with postage stamps all over it. Another was filled with spiders and ants.

The last one before I woke up seemed to be a doorway to the universe. All I could hear were bells and all I could see were stars.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
In a complete reversal, the most memorable dream of the night was right after falling asleep. It may not be coherent on explanation, but it was very energizing and made sense at the time. It was a little like being in a filmed version of a Broadway musical:

I'm walking along a busy, crowded street/alley, with a kind of Victorian feel--wrought iron fencing, puddles and maybe even slush, generally dirty. The neighborhood somehow overlaps the meat district and medical schools. I've got dried animal blood on my hands, so I'm trying to find a place to wash it off, but amenities are limited. I eventually find a sort of drinking fountain that a black man in maroon scrubs (and possibly a peacoat) is using to wash blood off his hands. As he's washing his hands, he starts speaking out loud about the dirtiness and exhaustion and everything that everyone else also feels and I realize there is a rhythm and meter to his speech, so as he starts another "verse" I add some kind of harmony. When he's done speaking I kind of hum an instrumental solo and by the time I've finished a bunch of country types do a variation on my melody that sounds more like a banjo instrumental. I'm trying to figure out a rhythm to clap along to it when someone does a kind of stomp-clap shuffle that works perfectly and now pretty much everyone on the street joins in and with perfect choreography we go up the steps and into the theater which has just raised the curtain but the actors haven't come out yet. We finish up our "number' on the mezzanine and obviously we have to leave because we're disrupting the show and none of us have tickets, but we all walk out energized and trying to remember the steps and the tune while we laugh and joke with people who were strangers a moment before.

Mirah

I love you
In my dream a death was announced, so when I woke up I had to check to see if it was true. It appears not.
I was in a classroom and a house and then we had to go to the library. The sword and the stone was playing in one room and the teacher said I could stay and watch.
Then we were at the beach and we were all hanging out and that Iz guy who sang "somewhere over the rainbow" was I my dream.m, singing and playing his ukulele.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Working nights again screwed up my sleep routine. I'm down to 7-11, 1 night a week, but still have a problem getting up before 9am. Today I almost got up at 8:15, but decided to take baby steps and snooze until 8:30 (original alarm went off around 7:45). Well I started having mini-dreams so I held to my rule that, if I'm dreaming, I must need more sleep. Soooo....

First memorable one (and these were really just little snippet dreams so "memorable" is a relative term), I was part of a study and I was in the group that was supposed to be dicks during the study--like, go out to eat and bitch about the food and the service to try to get the meal for free, that sort of thing. I tried to get back into that dream to see where it would go after I woke up, but instead I was in a dream where they were renovating the property I was living in and they did some things that were pretty cool looking but totally unnecessary/actually reduced practicality and I started wondering who was paying for and authorizing all this work. Then I had to go to a meeting at "work". I had to wrap up a couple things before I went so I was in, like, a ratty t-shirt and was going to change into office casual from my closet when I got there (I don't think I had an office or even a cubicle, but I had a personal closet), but the person running things called a delay to the meeting start because everyone was running late and he was annoyed by it so everyone was milling around in front of my closet and/or there were tables piled in front of it so I couldn't get the door open. Also I couldn't remember which one was mine.