DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
A fairly boring but unconventional dream: I went to the eye doctor for a checkup. The exam was a little different--instead of covering one eye then the other etc, they covered the bottom half of my eye and made me look upward as I read the chart. Then they made a lot of worried noises and the doctor called everyone in to show them the results in a microscope or something: My eyes were full of particles, including metal particles that had irrevocably scratched up my corneas. He'd never seen a case so bad. There may have also been something about the effects of the LASIK I had done back in the early 2000s. But it was odd, because I could actually see pretty good.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Two similar but very very different short dreams, back to back:

I'm going to some kinky fetish sex party--but my Mom is working the door. So if I want to get in, I've got to give her the sheet with all the fucked-up shit I hope to do that night.
Then I'm bringing baked goods* to some kind of church basement bake sale and making small talk with the lady doing check in about them.

*Other day I made "trail mix" pancakes--I added chocolate chips, raisins, and mixed nuts to the batter. I think for the dream they were cookies though, because no one brings pancakes to a bake sale.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. Again, 2 short odd dreams, close together. Then a longer, more ominous one, no doubt aided by overnight rain.

First off, I'm doing something at my house. This is a generic dream "my house" not specifically one of my houses, but it is closest to the one I lived in 2017-2020. I'm trying to do something but my Mom is trying to put up Christmas lights and she wants to run the extension cord through the fireplace but can't because, you know, it's made of brick and mortar and all that. So I'm trying to do my thing but she keeps distracting me so I finally have to ask her if she wants me to go get a chisel and chip away some mortar so if the plug is small enough, she can thread it through that way, because that's the only thing I can think of--other than not running the cord through the fireplace.

Then I'm at some house where I'm staying for a meal. But it's all girls and me. 3 girls, around 19 or 20, in plaid skirts, knee socks, and sweater vests--very prep/schoolgirl--and the meal consists of peaches and various sorts of cream. I comment that this seems a very girly meal and one of them apologizes and says she texted [the hostess] that I'd be staying for the meal (dinner? breakfast? Am I in jammies? Dunno.) but it was to late to change plans. I pick what seems the most appropriate spot at the table and kind of watch to see how one properly eats peaches and cream. I realize I didn't get a bowl for the pits so I head back to the kitchen for that and one of the girls follows me and makes some comment about having dentures. Se seems to expect a response from me but as god is my witness, I have no idea what to say back to that, so I just keep quiet.

Next dream is longer. There's a bastard thunderstorm going on. Me and possibly an old friend from college are huddled down in my house (which is pretty much my current house, but the neighborhood and neighbors are more a generic amalgamation of past neighbors). There's a big noise and we look out to see the wind and/or shifting soil has ripped loose the front of the neighbors' house. I'm trying not to make eye contact because apparently I don't particularly like them and don't want to have to go outside and help. Then the soggy ground slides and about the front 10' comes off the other neighbors' house. I'm just dreading that it could happen to my house but I think I'm on better soil with better drainage. Still, at this point I decide I'd better help because both neighbors are elderly and the later neighbors, the husband is disabled so I should go make sure they're alright--and apologize to the other neighbors for not coming out earlier.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Somewhat interesting dream, in itself, but even better as a textbook example of how my brain cockblocks sexy dreams:

I'm just walking somewhere and I see multiple sexy/BDSM women, walking into a door that I can clearly see sex dungeon inside. Since the door is wide open, I decide to roll the dice and just follow them in like I belong there. There's more hot women inside--along with 2 guys they're getting ready to play with. They see me and decide I can stay. I look at the guys and do the math on how many girls there are and decide to stay. They're getting me undressed and I realize the girl that is going to play with me is...not in the same ballpark as the other girls. She's clean and nice, but she's say, 5'9" and 200# with blonde pixie cut hair and glasses and more the air of a kindergarten teacher or daycare provider or something. But it looks like she's going to give me a blowjob so what the heck. (To recap, my brain has already tried to ruin this with other guys and a non-hot girl.)

She's just about to start but there's someone at the door. School is on break so all the moms that are friends with the dominatrices are stopping by to visit--and bringing their kids. There was more to the dream that I can't remember, but basically it was that--any time it was starting to get interesting there'd be an interruption. Eventually I couldn't hang onto that dream anymore and woke up.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night was a lotta fun. Blast. I've got a lot of stuff I need to get done this week. Work tonight so I got to bed at a reasonable hour in hopes of banging some stuff out before work. Instead I was awakened around 3:45 by the dog whining. She does this extended high-pitched passive-aggressive whistle and it dragged me awake. Usually if I wake up at that hour it's because I've been asleep for 4 hours and need to go to the bathroom. This time it was different. I became aware of the whining and forced myself awake. It was that awake that hurts because you're so tired. Got up to see if she needed to go outside (although I think she was already out twice last night) and she didn't budge so I decided I might as well go to the bathroom. When I got back she'd left the bed and I couldn't get back to sleep, in spite of being exhausted. Part of my brain was probably trying to stay alert to the dog while another part was starting to worry about how this affected my plans for the next day. It screwed them up. Because it was probably at least 2 hours before I got back to sleep and when I did it was all dreams that I was still awake and unable to sleep. Most of them were pretty routine, but they eventually transitioned into an interesting, long, and detailed one. Whew, long intro but here we go:

I was visiting Oregon, specifically visiting the guy I adopted Old Dog (and later Old Cat) from. He was working on building some kind of trail or dirt bike track in terrain that looked much more like Southern California. I realized the scooter parked in the street across from his house, chained to big cement pylons, belonged to the girl I rented a room from when I moved back to Oregon from Hawaii. He said it needed to go because it was parked illegally and the neighbors were complaining about it. At first I was going to give him her number but then for some reason I decided to get in touch with her myself instead (which is silly because we all knew each other so he almost certainly could get in touch with her. And she didn't have a scooter). Then I mentioned I was going for dinner and he took that as an invitation. I'd wanted wings and he wound up taking me to a local wing restaurant that is pretty good, but not worth the long wait. Then I had to go to the bathroom or something and he asked for a menu of all the flavors and of course picked about the least spicy one, to my annoyance. I was also annoyed because apparently he was picking up the tab and if anything I probably have more money than him--and initiated the plan to go out to eat.

I get back and find the table. He's met some local friends of his that I don't know and I join them while we wait for the food. Then some guy who's a furry/cosplayer at a different table mentions that we all have to go because they're closing. At first I don't realize what's going on but sure enough, they're kicking everyone out and we go out the closest door, which is on a different side than where we came in. At this point it is either raining or snowing sporadically and no one from the restaurant can find their car back. Finally we get to some kind of plaza and I ask someone for directions only to realize this is the door we came in and I can see my car in the lot across the street. I let some of the other people know and head to where my car was but now I can't find it so I try to get back to where I saw it from but can't figure that out either and someone's telling me I should get ahold of the police in case it was stolen but I'm saying I just saw it and know it's here, I just can't find it.

Oh, and I'm in Oregon because I can't sleep and while we're waiting to get to the counter where my friend got the menu, I'm telling him about the differences between the dog I got from him and New Dog and we're both tearing up a little and he doesn't want to talk about Old Dog.

There's a fuck-ton going on in that dream. I think I've got a pretty good handle on a lot of it, but there's a lot that I'm probably missing too. In the end I'm not as late as I thought I'd be--or as tired, but it's still probably queered my plans for a productive day.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Slept well last night. The memorable dream was some kind of big gathering in a cozy but cluttered old house. Breakfast, apparently. Everyone was already eating but I hadn't settled on anything until I found they had a box of Coco Wheat and I was going to make some. So I'm reading the box to get the measurements and getting into the kitchen for a measuring cup. But people keep cutting ahead of me to either get more coffee or wash their coffee cup or something. Eventually I see a coffee cup that is about the right size that I can reach from where I am and just grab that.

Mirah

I love you
I dreamt I was at an interview, it went well, while waiting for results I excused myself as and said I had another interview,which I did.
I went to that interview and then returned to the first interview place after.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Holy crap, the one from the morning was bananas. It had the feel of anime or something, as far as the camera angles. And an involved plot (of course the plot kind of falls apart as I try to remember it). I was part of a team of some sort that was working on something. I(?) had been...operated(?) on so that I was linked to another personality. Were we in separate bodies but could see what each other saw and hear each other's thoughts? Or did I have a second consciousness riding along in my body? I don't remember. It was represented by there being a kind of line or seam down the center of the picture whenever things were being seen through my eyes--like when they put a mask on the camera to create the image of binoculars or smear the edges with vaseline to show it is a dream sequence.

On top of that, we were in a place/planet with benevolent powerful invisible people. But! There were also some creatures (invisible too?) that were trying to possess us or at least wipe our memories. Finally, there was a stack of albums--vinyl records--that we had to listen to or memorize or something that would let us do whatever we were supposed to do. Did each person (there were about 7 of us and about 7 records) have to have their own record? Did just one of us have to do whatever with all the records? Or did we all? I don't know. But we got imprisoned or banished from our bodies or at least given amnesia for a long time so it looked like we were going to fail. We'd been 2 records away when we failed and for a long time the last 2 records were just laying on a table in a booth at a diner. I could see them there but couldn't get to them. And I already knew one of them. But I didn't know if I actually had to listen to it again (in the right order?) to cause whatever to happen. Then--I'm not sure the order of this--I was able to sneak other copies of the last 2 records out of a stack in a collection or a record store or someplace. But I got caught and my body got taken control of again by one of the invisible bad creatures. Then I saw, like, a barn door opening or a big dump truck moving without a driver so I was hoping to get help from the friendly invisible entities so I tried to get his attention by taunting him and it worked, but then I realized he might think I'd been taken over and was one of the bad invisible creatures so I was trying to figure out how to convince him when I woke up.

I actually woke up from this dream a few times (the snooze alarm had started going off by then. I thought about turning it off but I've got stuff to do today and was worried that waking up enough to shut the alarm off would also pull me out of the dream) before The Dog came into the room and I decided it was time to get up. (And that I'd probably lost the dream by then.)

Mirah

I love you
Omg

Dragonflies were carrying me off by my hair

What in the wizard of Oz I didn't have caffeine for one day an I dehydrated type of dream did I just have?

They were dragonfly ferries, so was I. A ferry.

Wtf

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Lots of weird little snippets that I couldn't remember. Then one, where I was in the basement of a college student union-only it looked more like a shopping mall food court. I was bored so I was talking to an older person in a nearby group about how they used to put bars nearby colleges to get business from the students in thee Olden Dayes--and how there was actually a bar in the basement of my college student union. This amazed the college aged people in the group because apparently they don't have college bars in my dreams. Right about then an autonomous(?) dump truck/street sweeper thing slowly crashed into the building and everywhere on the streets there were big municipal vehicles just driving into buildings so I jumped up onto a kind of railing/parapet and ran up for higher ground.

Then somehow me and the group I'd been talking to were in, like, a spooky mansion. The teenage boy believed he could turn into a demon and I realized that if he believed it, it would be real so he turned into a demon (still looked like himself, only hunched over, snarling and with glowing eyes) to protect everyone and I remembered I could fly in this sort of situation so I flew above everyone to keep an eye out for trouble.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Dreamed I was playing call of duty in virtual reality, I was doing well killing the other team over and over without taking a single hit myself. I went up a high building and the game ended, but it also crashed, while the game was stuck I jumped off the building and slowly drifted down, but went through the floor and was falling forever, as I was falling one of the pussy cat girls was also falling with me and we decided to shag, while still falling. It went surprisingly well.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
As usual, another night full of dreams and I only remember the last series. But it was pretty interesting and involved:
So I'm just walking along, BS'ing with someone about how there could be more gloryholes. Like, you could have a gloryhole in the waiting room at the doctor's office. Things like that. But you'd probably need like, a light over them, like Catholic confessionals have so you wouldn't just stand there sticking your dick in a hole where no one's on the other side. Then we wind up in, like, this big outdoor gloryhole park--almost like a maze, only with holes and 2 sides. They've helpfully decorated the holes so that some are more masculine and some are more girly, and the idea is that dudes are supposed to service the butch holes while girls use the other holes, but you really can't tell--that's the whole point of gloryholes. So I just decide to stick my dick in one of the guy holes at some point and some dude starts sucking my dick. I decide I don't want this but I can't get away.

About this point the dream transitions to me and my brother walking down some shitty small town street on a cold grey day and I go "Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling." But since my brother doesn't tend to get cultural references and actually owns a bowling alley, he takes me bowling. Now, in Olden Dayes (or at least where I grew up) bowling alleys used to be in bars. You had the bar on one side and then a little 6 or 8 lane alley next to it and you could go back and forth between them. We don't go to my brother's bar. The one we go to has food and the bar is loaded with plates and plates of lovely bar food: fat pink steaks, buttery baked potatoes, golden brown fries, you name it. I'm drooling over it and making small talk with one of the patrons and some guy calls me over to the bowling alley. He's wearing a bowling team shirt with my brother's name on it and I realize it's league night or something. I try to beg out of this because I'm a terrible bowler but my brother says he knows and that he's pawned me off on the team he's bowling against. I'm trying to get out of it so they don't resent me but can't because I'd have to "buy out" or something. Eventually my turn to bowl comes up. I've started to get through to them and they're having second thoughts--especially because it looks like I don't know what I'm doing. But it isn't my fault because it is an unusual alley, the seats are way back from the lanes and there really aren't clearly marked boundaries. And there are no balls to use. I'm looking for a ball but where the balls should be are helmets. Football helmets. Lacrosse helmets. Motorcycle helmets. Helmets everywhere but no balls. People are starting to get upset and restless and I'm considering just trying to bowl with a motorcycle helmet.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Whacky dreams lately. Lots of sexy dreams that I won't be sharing at least in part because I don't remember the details. Did have one a few days back where...my best friend from elementary school went to college at the school across the bay from mine, so we all used to hang out together. The friends from his university had this giant inflatable starship Enterprise kit they were putting together. The color was off--it was more of a champagne gold than silver or white--but it was pretty accurate. Oh, it had little discrepencies--black wire struts and braces that were there for practical purposes of the model's structral integrity--but it was recognizably the Enterprise as we were inflating the parts and connecting them. The saucer was probably 4-5' across (maybe a little smaller because I feel like overall it was less than 8' long) and when it was all together it had motors and fans and a remote control that let it float along slightly above ground level as we walked along with it, steering it with the remote.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night sucked. Woke up at around 3:30 (Dog had to go to the bathroom so I decided to as well while she was Out) and couldn't get back to sleep. And when I did I dreamed I couldn't get back to sleep. Even by the time I realized I'd been having dreams, they weren't recuperative. Woke up to the alarm and set an alarm for an hour later that seemed to go off 5 minutes later. When I went to the 15 minute snooze, that seemed to go off immediately.

The two dreams I remember one, I was some kind of special agent/hit man (or maybe just a guy) that some crazy girl was holding at gunpoint. A little like "Misery" in that we were just going around the living room and kitchen and eating and stuff but I couldn't leave. And I was tired but she wouldn't let me sleep. Then I...got away? But some guy caught me and confiscated my gun, which was a cool A-Team Mini-14, and bent the hell out of the barrel. I was pissed.

Then I was at my parents' farmhouse and wound up on my childhood schoolbus with a bus driver who I assume is long dead at this point. I wasn't supposed to be on the bus of course, because I was a adult, but...I wanted to go for a jog so I needed a ride to someplace I could jog home from? (Instead of just jogging half as far and starting from home). There were some other details. At one point the bus may have been empty and I bumped the clutch or brake or something, getting out and hoped that wouldn't screw over the bus driver when he got back because the bus had moved a bit before I could put it back into gear. And there was something involving a red pickup. But I don't remember anything about that.

But even in the parts where I realized it was a dream, I was tired but couldn't get to sleep. (I don't think I realized they were dreams until after they were over, though.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
There was some kind of alien mind control thing going on with their control being a series of pins inserted into everyone's bodies, I had Magneto style powers and was able to remove them, and carry them in front of me in a flying ball of pins that orbited each other like electrons in an atom.

Later on in what might have been a different dream, I had similar powers but for cheese.

Mirah

I love you
Living in a seedy apt building in a not nice side of town
My friend comes over for a visit.
In the middle of the night she decides to sleep in the hallway outside my apartment
With her gun
I go out to see what is going on and discover the hallway is littered with someone's things.
It is messy. What are you doing out here I ask.
I notice a van pulling up to the apartment
A man gets out and sees me looking out the window
He asks if I can open the door and I tell him no
I somehow try to make him believe that I am physically incapable of opening the door. We watch him grab a branch from a tree
And I tell my friend that we need to go NOW
We walk back to my apartment and the door is locked.

I know we are SOL because my windows are barred and locked tight and I also know this will be a night we will not forget and that my friend will blame me

Then I wake up
Thankful to be in my room, in my bed, safe and warm with the damn cat meowing

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Interesting dream series last night. It has holes in it as I'm awake and typing it, but at the time it was an exciting story:

Me and at least one other person are in this sort of wooded river valley, just outside a rustic town. A big train runs through on a regular schedule. For some reason, no one is allowed to see the train and me and the other person hide in the woods and watch it go by over and over, trying to figure out its secret. We're even able to review a film of it in between train runs. But then the projector damages the film and we have to try to repair it so They won't realize we've been watching it. Finally, we take too long or something and I can't get to my usual hiding spot so I have to duck into this creek bed/cave/niche along the bottom of a cliff and lay still in hopes I won't be spotted. The other guy tells me to cover myself in all these brown plastic grocery bags that are laying in the bottom of the gulch-thing but by then the train is out and I don't want to move and attract attention.

Then I woke up but went back to the train dream. This time we found out the train was full of cheese, because it had spilled a bunch of it. We were out investigating the cheese when we were caught by the villagers. We explained that we'd been lost in the woods and found our way out by following the sound of the train. But then the villagers wanted to know why we'd nibbled on all the cheese packets. They also explained that the train ran upside-down so it would've been impossible for us to ride on its roof. Then I woke up again. I wanted to get back into the dream and remind them that we never said we were riding on the train, we were lost in the woods, but I couldn't get back to that dream. Anyway it was time to get up.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night's dreams courtesy of insomnia, an early morning storm, and a dog that apparently doesn't like thunder:

Yes, the overarching theme was, after waking up at 1:56, not being able to get back to sleep and eventually dreaming about not being able to get back to sleep. I eventually realized I was dreaming because dawn happened by 5am. One of those days with a high overcast so it's light out but the sky is white instead of blue. And you'd look away and it would have turned black with stormclouds. Then it'd lighten a bit before darkening again. I think promotional materials from "I am Legend" impacted the design. Because I was looking out the window at city streets. Meanwhile a security guard/watchman played by Will Smith had to investigate some building but was in danger of being trapped in the oncoming storm.

At some point The Dog climbed up onto the bed and butted her head up against my chest and I became aware of the thunder IRL. "Great. I finally got to sleep and The Dog woke me up. Good luck getting back to sleep." And pretty soon, since I wasn't able to get to sleep, I went on a sort of wagon train/cowboy/Lewis & Clark expedition to the Frontier. One of the people with us had befriended the local Indian tribe years before, which narrowly kept us from getting slaughtered. The tribe also helped us find out destination. But then we had to go back. Possibly because of a dog. Eventually we started back to our destination and got to a part where the trail was narrow and treacherous but the horses seemed to be able to handle it. I looked back but there was no sign of my dog. There were a few other dogs that popped out of the brush aways back, but not mine. So eventually I had to turn back for her.

I did realize relatively early in the cowboy dream that I was asleep again so I tried not to disturb it. And as rested as I am today, I must've slept a lot more than it felt like last night.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. The one I remember from last night, a construction company was doing extensive new building on my block.* I went out on an errand. On the way out there was a surprising amount of poured concrete and things sheathed in that Tyvek housewrap--right up to and possibly including my yard. Then, when I got back (I'd walked), as I was approaching my house it wasn't there. I looked around a bit and then I saw some guys with a crane. I went down to talk to them and the guy must have been dealing with similar questions because he says "We're just doing a tree removal job" or something. I start to backtrack to make sure I didn't just miss my house when I notice a construction company office at the bottom of the hill so I head down there. There's a line of angry people out the door so I resign myself to get into the line when I become aware that I'm in a warm bed with a dog laying on my feet so clearly my house hasn't been removed (with all my stuff and pets in it) and I go back to sleep. Obviously I made no attempt to get back into that dream.

*This was a completely made-up neighborhood and house that was maybe most similar to my house and neighborhood out in Oregon, but definitely a hillier, nicer location.

whisky

Boobie inspector
A few of us from work were at the winter Olympics, we watched as our entrant, a man with no arms, who we had to accept on our team as he identified as a man with arms, and to exclude him would have caused an incident, take part in the ski jump, he did not do well.

Then Matt my friend who recently died was there carrying a newspaper where the front page was the event we just saw, he said something to me, I don't remember what, but I was very happy he was there, but when I looked in his direction he had changed to a different friend.

He didn't appear again