DREAM THREAD Part Pi.Pi!

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was a member of the legends of tomorrow, which also had the six million dollar man as a member, we were sat around the spaceship and I got a MacDonalds burger, when I saw that more than half the cost was tax I gave it the finger and said fuck you McDonalds. Then I said that will never make the edit.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Didn't sleep well last night, was on couch as wife coughing too much.

I remember looking up and I was under water and under ice, people were looking down on me but noone tried to get me out, eventually they started nailing planks over the ice, like I was being put in a coffin.

Not sure if dream or hallucination.

Either way I didn't like it.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Boy, last night was off the hook. Or more specifically this morning. Woke up around 6 with indigestion and couldn't get back to sleep until after the first alarm had rung--more than 90 minutes later. Then I finally figured out what position to lay in and had all the dreams but the game show one in 90 minutes (and a few others that I either forgot or weren't very developed).

So first I'm in some kind of game show. There's dozens of contestants and we're set up like some kind of board meeting, around this room-sized circular table. (The table is rectangular, with corners, but the middle is open--you have your bit of table and then look across open space to the person across from you, behind their part of the table.) The host was at a lectern on the front of the table and each of us had what started out as a pool/billiards ball but later was an apple. At certain points in the game, you were supposed to hit your apple like it was a billiards ball. At other points you had to take a bite out of it. I hit my apple too hard and it rolled off the table and careened all around the room before coming back to me. Since it was a silly game show, the entertainment value was the behavior of the contestants, so I picked my apple up and very obviously swapped it with the apple from the place next to mine. (But I was kind of sad I couldn't have another bite of my apple because it was still a perfectly good apple.)

Then I was in a dream where I was home to visit family and friends and we...went to a movie? I had to sit away from everyone and when I got back at the end my luggage was gone. I was trying to get someone's attention but couldn't. When I finally caught up with them, they had some luggage that they said was mine, but it was all messed up and incorrect, so I was mad and trying to explain but again, no one would listen. Later I was explaining to a couple of my cousins, why I was so mad. As I'm explaining that my Dad wouldn't listen to me, I have to stop myself because I realize my Dad is dead--and so is my Mom, who had also annoyed me so I must've dreamed the movie and I'm mad about people from a dream. I don't recall, at the time, if I realized I was dreaming about this conversation with my relatives too or not. But it's kind of "Inception" to be dreaming about realizing you'd been dreaming.

The final dream was some retro product from Fisher-Price that was a big clunky plastic tape recorder for kids, but it included a single about how there was an actor that played all the big plastic clunky construction workers and firemen etc in the TV commercials and his wife wasn't happy that he always had to be in costume--and she had to go out in a big plastic clunky Mrs. fireman costume AND it turns out he would go out of town and was having an affair and he and his mistress didn't have to wear the big plastic costumes. So she was pissed. But the song was written in a very lighthearted and humorous way.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I was in a hospital laid on a bed with my shirt off, a doctor came in with a long thin wire/ probe and just put it straight into my chest no warning, and started pushing it in there, I tried to hold onto itz to stop it going further but someone else came and held my arms, said they were going to have to interbate.

I don't know what that is but it didn't sound good.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Been having really wild dreams lately, but not remembering enough to recap. There was one snippet from last night where I was trying to show someone something on my laptop but the browser was opening to some Star Trek site and freezing while loading. I couldn't reload, close the browser, nothing. Finally I got it to jump to a YouTube Star Trek clip but that didn't help either. At this point there must've been enough Star Trek going on that my brain moved me to Star Trek and it was Mr. Spock I was trying to show the thing to. He was pointing out I should get a newer computer. Then I was using his laptop instead of mine and it had 2 hinges. There was a screen, there was a keyboard, and then there was some other segment in between the screen and the keyboard. I think I dropped it? And at first the screen looked like it was spiderweb cracked, but it turned out it was just a weird reflection. Then I started trying CTRL+ALT and function key combinations that just wound up making things worse by reconfiguring everything and when I'd try to undo it I'd either hit the wrong keys or instead of being a touchpad on/touchpad off type thing, it apparently had a whole string of options that you hopefully could cycle through.

Mirah

I love you
My dream should not be recorded. I don't want to remember it.

I was at a house with my mom and sister. Everything is normal.
I had received a text from my friend Bill. But when I looked at it later I realized it was a video.
I recall going to watch it in front of my family but then when I saw what it was I wanted privacy and went to the other side of the room we were in.
There were two women in their bras and panties and when one woman took off her bra the nipples were severely deformed and there were leaves and other materials....I think I fell asleep reading about winter solstice and in the background was that murder show I've been watching....it was in my brain. I can't get the image of her breasts from my mind tho.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Had one of those nights where I had insanely long dreams (or so I perceived them to be) and kept waking up. I wonder if life itself would feel longer if we had dreams like these every night! Imagine what we could achieve with the extra time.

I think it started with me driving around Scotland with my sisters. I can't remember much about this part but I had the "really long journey" feel which you can only get in after a real life long journey or in a dream. At one point we went over a big suspension bridge. I ended up being dropped off at some kind of Christmas party type thing in a room from my high school. Adult versions of my friends from school were there, and John Cena. I think we talked about wrestling. There was a "I have to keep something secret" feeling going on in my head which made it all very tense. At one point I went to the toilet, which was fucking huge and full of tables. There was a pretty girl in there (unisex bathroom?) and I recognised her as a funny famous girl I follow on Twitter. I told her that I love her tweets and she looked at me for a moment before realising what I was saying and laughing and thanking me. There was a cop in there too who had to ask me some questions about something and I was worried all my friends were going to leave without me. Sure enough, when I got out there was nobody there but one guy who I haven't seen since primary school, can't even picture in my mind now, and have no idea how my brain came up with an adult version of him. He said he'd walk to the bus station with me as he knew the way. We started walking through an unfamiliar neighbourhood. I don't think my brain totally mapped out the whole layout, it was just a load of houses. There was a person walking a very big dog but strangely I wasn't scared of it and patted the dog. I texted my mum (would never have happened, she never had a phone) to tell her I'd be home late and somehow knew it was 3 a.m. For some reason the guy with me went into a train cart and I followed him in. Two other guys came in behind us and locked the door, making it pitch black. I saw one of them pulling out a gun (who could I see this in the dark?) and tried to pull it off him but he turned it on and revealed it was just a torch that looked like a gun. I THINK I found a doorway to a gothic castle but at this point I woke up...

I fell asleep again shortly after then "woke up" again in my old bedroom, except it looked different and bigger. My dad (died 30 years ago) was there and told me he knew a trick with stamps. He shined a torch (maybe related to the gun/torch from the previous dream?) on some stamps and the Queen's face changed. I said I already knew about that. Then woke up for real and had to go through the whole process of telling myself what was real and what had been a dream.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Part of last night's dreams, I was a cowboy. Or an actor playing a cowboy. Or an undercover cop playing a cowboy. Shit, how'd it go? There was some kind of sting set up and as soon as the crooked cowboys did what we could catch them for, we had to jump them. Later I was in a bar. I'd been there enough times that I was making plans for it to be my regular bar. I even picked a bartender to make friends with to get better service. But I still wasn't a regular enough to know what beers they had on tap so I tried asking for Miller because it's relatively mainstream but isn't terrible and I didn't want to tie up service while I farted around with "well what do you have on tap?" BS. Then as I was getting served and fishing out cash I got jostled and beer got spilled everywhere. They may or may not have blamed me but they were making nice and getting me another beer. I was also new enough to the bar that I didn't know how much their beers were I had at least one $1, a $5, a $20, and a $50, so I was just going to give them the $20 but somehow some big lunk cowboy had my wallet and was paying the bartender, but I could see he was going to pocket the $50 so I told him to set the wallet down and leave the $50. Eventually he did but he very deliberately tore the corners off the bill, so I rocketed up off the stool (or floor, I dunno) and whaled him a few times. Then I may have left before I could get thrown out.

It was an interesting dream in that I don't think I definitively knocked anyone out (any violence I attempt in dreams fails--punches have no effect, guns jam, etc) but it was implied that I beat some people up. I may have got at least foreplay in a different dream that night too, now that I think about it (which also never happens), but I don't remember the details of that dream.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Oh. Another one: A whole bunch of people, including myself, had been sentenced to death. I don't know what we did or if we were wrongly accused or what, but there was no hope and so we were all lined up to wait our turn and I was the last. The set for all this was very "Star Wars", specifically "Return of the Jedi", only instead of a Sarlaac pit, it was a big incinerator...pit. And I was all prepared to accept it stoically like everyone before me until it came time and I decided I didn't want to die, certainly not in a fire, so I jumped off the ladder and tried to escape.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Dreamed I was superman, I had to fly to metropolis where Luthor had taken over the daily planet, and also had super powers, he threw a bunch of people out the windows, I saved them, then borrowed some clothes so I could go into the building not as superman.

After some tense moments with Luthor I managed to sneak out to the roof with some women, not sure what happened because then one of them handed me a green arrow costume and I guess I was Oliver Queen then, either way when I took my top off to get changed all the women were impressed by my abs.

Think I woke up after that since apparently nothing in the dream was going to top having a flat stomach.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night was amazing. A good night's sleep and a very good dream cycle. Sadly I don't remember most of it. The main theme was I was traveling/on vacation with my family. Everyone was alive but it was the era of smart phones and Facebook and people I knew after my Dad died. I mention this because the bit I actually remember, we were at a Burger King or something and I ran into someone who worked for me in the early 2000s, who I stay in touch with on Facebook. We were happy to see each other and he wanted to catch up. I had to go so we just agreed to meet at the Burger King at the same time the next day.

Then I had to go to meet up with him, but my Mom came along. And instead of taking the rental car we took an Uber or something (I have never taken an Uber so I actually have no reference on what that is like) and got sidetracked and delayed and all sorts of things until we arrived an hour late and my friend wasn't there. He may have left a note. I forget.

Interesting thing is, I think my brain got sidetracked in the dream and then remembered about the meeting, so it cobbled together a bunch of stuff on the fly to where I got to the meeting too late and missed the guy. I don't remember the rest of the dream, but I do remember it was one of those rare ones where it all linked together and made sense and was one big long dream.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Aaaand last night was the complete opposite. Got to sleep OK but couldn't stay asleep. No dreams. Then, when I finally did dream it was so mundane and anticlimactic that the only reason I realized I was dreaming was because I woke up enough to realize things were different than they had been just a moment before. And if this is all vague, it is because I literally cannot remember anything more about last night.

whisky

Boobie inspector
There was a river in town with ramps and a ferry sized speed boat regularly jumped them, I went to go on it and while I was waiting there was a puppy, so I got on the floor to play with it and it tried to pee on my face.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Last night's were new and somewhat disturbing/sad.

I was living in an apartment complex or something and I had a crush on a girl that lived there. She went to hang out at the pool so I changed into a swimsuit and resolved to make my play for her. But then some guy showed up and I went into angst about whether she was going to like him instead. Eventually I decided to go for it anyway. Of course then the dream changed a bit to where my apartment shared a wall with a different cute girl that I was interested in. I'd decided to rearrange on our common wall--or the hallway outside of our apartment. The dream was unclear and the apartments turned out to be kind of like office cubicles and it was more like we shared a cubicle wall. Anyway, the girl got home from wherever she was and wasn't at all impressed with what I was doing. She said something like that she'd tried that setup once and hated it. So I started to put everything back. Meanwhile she went to the next door over, where a doctor had an office space and immediately started gushing to him about how much she liked what he'd done with his cubicle--which was exactly what I'd done.

So apparently I'm feeling like a lonely, uncertain misfit these days.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Yow. Interesting dreams last night.

So I'll just say my dream schedule is interesting to me. I either don't dream early in the night or I don't remember those dreams. Then I usually wake up after about 4 hours of sleep and often have a hard time getting back to sleep. After that is when I dream. And I actually dream quite a bit in the 15 minute naps between the snooze alarm.

Anyway, I forget most of the dreams but there was one that was as close as I get to having a lucid dream: I was working in some kind of office format. One guy I went to high school with also worked there and of late had taken to playing pranks on me and making me look silly to the rest of the office. I hear him over behind me, where he works, asking someone to take a picture of him. Knowing better, I turn to see what is going on. Later he's showing the picture (on his phone) to people. At first it looks innocent enough but then he scrolls it over to some little sign he made with a joke at my expense (like that I'm nosy or something) and me looking over at him.

I decide this is the last straw, but I can't fight him. We were both on the wrestling team, but he outweighed me by about 60 pounds. I'm considering if I should just do it anyway and get my ass kicked when I remember that I can fly. No one at the office knows I can fly. I should mention, when I fly in dreams, it's like Magneto in the X-Men movies: I hold out my hands and concentrate on levitating. So I'm flying around, impressing the shit out of everyone. Even did a kind of cool Iron Man landing where I just let myself drop about 10' and land dramatically onto a desktop for practice. But I can't find my frenemy anywhere. (And I should also mention we were good friends IRL. I'm not sure why he got cast as a bully in this, other than that he could've made a good bully if he hadn't been brought up right.)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Another night of not being able to sleep and waking up in the middle of long, unconnected dreams. The one I remember most strongly is the one where I could remove my cock and balls from my body. It seemed perfectly normal in the dream, at first. I can feel the sensation of removing them. It's weird. At one point I wondered how I could still pee and then if my cock and balls would die without receiving a blood supply. I concluded it must have been okay.