FAT ACCEPTANCE - JOKE OF THE 21ST CENTURY

Lord Raffles

Big FAT Blog said:
The fat tax is already here.

Every few months the idea of a "fat tax" - charging more for fatty foods, inevitably, in order to "cure" fat - comes around and gets spun by op-ed columnist hacks who've just come off flights seated next to fat people as the greatest thing ever. Why, just tax fat people! Problem solved.

Thing is, there is already a fat tax. It's called being fat.

I just read an article regarding a smoking ban and naturally the idea of doing something to those darn fat people who cost us so much came up in the comments. The wheels started turning. Think about it: being fat already costs more. We pay more, in money, for things such as clothing and definitely for health care (if you can actually get it in the first place.) On the clothing part, women get hit particularly hard.

And we pay more, psychologically and emotionally, for being fat. I'm not looking for pity here - just stating that from a societal level being fat "costs" more as well.

So whenever talk of a fat tax comes around, I think it's in our best interests to point out that even though we're supposedly "burdening" our health care system just by existing, we're already paying more than our fair share.

http://www.bigfatblog.com/

"...we're already paying more than our fair share."

In additon to eating more than your fair share, greedy bitch.

Cranky Bastard

I'd wager that most fat Americans aren't fat because of over-eating. There are other factors involved.

Lord Raffles

Big FAT Blog said:
Fat Studies

It's really great that we're seeing the idea of fat studies start to seep into the mainstream consciousness. Take, for instance, this piece from Penn State's Collegian. It's not an out-and-out rallying cry for such a curriculum (sometime soon?) but instead offers a largely pro-fat-studies stance

This is a cult of death, it has to be... do cream buns REALLY taste that good?

Cranky Bastard

Ask most continental europeans the type of diet required to reduce fat and you'll get a very different response from any American.

"A diet low in _______ reduces fat in the body or keeps it from developing."

The Harlot

They are fat because they WANT to be fat, the fucktards. Too much sugar.

"Put that donut down bitch and you wouldn't be so fucking fat!" :voodoo:

Lord Raffles

Cranky Bastard said:
Ask most continental europeans the type of diet required to reduce fat and you'll get a very different response from any American.

"A diet low in _______ reduces fat in the body or keeps it from developing."

It's very simple; cut out the crap from your eating habits, go swimming (4 times a week should work) regularly and you'll be fine in no time.

EVERY fat person who has EVER claimed that diets don't work only does so because they're quitters and give up after the first week. I'm friends with a number of Lard Arses, who are all talk and no action. They're like stoners who proclaim that first thing next week they're going to give up weed and get a job... then next week comes and the old bouts of addiction come back to haunt them.

And that's the problem with fat people; in addition to being sexually repulsive they also talk a load of fucking shit. "Fat Acceptance" movements are merely a means for weak willed people without the conviction to do something about their miserable existence. They want us to accept them, but I for one think they should accept that being fat is unhealthy and repulsive.

And that's not a relative thing, it applies to everyone. I am sick to death of this post-modern bullshit that seeks to sweep aside recognized truths for ‘the every truth’, where everyone is allowed to lie to themselves and each other in one huge mass of delusional stupor.

20061115hollister.jpg

Revolting.​

In 1978, Chikatilo moved to Shakhty and committed his first documented murder. On December 22, he lured a nine-year-old girl to an old shed and attempted to rape her. When the girl struggled, he stabbed her to death. He ejaculated in the process of knifing the child, and from then on he was only able to achieve sexual arousal and orgasm through stabbing and slashing women and children to death.

chikatilo.jpg

According to the same line of French thought that stemmed Fat Acceptance, Chikatilo (who murdered 56 women and children) also has the right to be contrary to the recognized norm (and get away with it).

Cranky Bastard

American diets do NOT work and it has nothing to do with perseverance. While assiduously adhering to a popular American "diet plan" I actually got fatter.

I went from 200 to 160 pounds when I adopted the Euro approach and stopped exercising.

Not only have I kept it off, but steadily gotten scrawnier. I eat like a pig, too.

Lord Raffles

Cranky Bastard said:
American diets do NOT work and it has nothing to do with perseverance. While assiduously adhering to a popular American "diet plan" I actually got fatter.

I went from 200 to 160 pounds when I adopted the Euro approach and stopped exercising.

Not only have I kept it off, but steadily gotten scrawnier. I eat like a pig, too.

I'd recommend a Japanese diet over a European or American one any day.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Being thin does not guarantee one is attractive, intelligent, takes care of themselves or is in good health. It only means they are thin.

Consider Raffles picture of the girl he finds revolting. Yes, she is fat. However, she is also clean and reasonably well groomed. I'll take clean any day over just being thin.

So far as calling a fat person greedy - that is hilarious coming from persons living in civilized countries. No one is keeping them from getting their share to eat. One fat person could eat everything in the grocery store and there would still be a ton of fast food restaurants, convenience stores, grocery stores and warehouses full of food.

People are fatter these days because we lead more sedentary lives setting our physical fat burning set points lower and lower plus we eat more processed food.

Fact is, people who hate other people because they are fat do so because they have an inferiority complex themselves. They need someone to deflect their negative self image onto to make them feel better about themselves.

If your big concern is whether someone other than yourself is fat, then you are boring.

Personally, I like fat people. When I go to the trouble to cook and invite people to my table, I like it that they eat what I went to the trouble to cook instead of whining about being on a diet. All I require is good table manners. A prick sitting there judging every morsel of food someone puts in their mouth does not have good table manners and is poor company.

Tyrant

eloisel said:
Fact is, people who hate other people because they are fat do so because they have an inferiority complex themselves.
HATE fat people? I don't, I simply find them physically disgusting. You need a special fetish to want to mount Shamoo. Utter garbage.

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
I like skin and naked body. And curves. Fatter people definitely have more curves, and more skin to touch and look at. And if they're really out of shape too they can't get away as fast. If their weight slowly increases their skin always has that fresh new shiny look and feel. They are large, delicate creatures since the fat is more tender; and poking or pinching it will produce entertaining sounds of displeasure. They are roly-poly, and look like those Department 56 Snowbabies, and there are curves upon curves upon curves! After the fat person has been bathed and is smelling freshly of whatever scent I have chosen, I enjoy curling up next to it on cold winter nights. Fun to look at, fun to touch and taste and smell, I do not hate fat people.

The Question

Eternal
Rolls are not curves.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Messenger said:
HATE fat people? I don't, I simply find them physically disgusting. You need a special fetish to want to mount Shamoo. Utter garbage.
Now, see, I have a different criteria for that which I may wish to mount. I prefer they be sturdy, four legged, equipped with saddle and reins, and be reasonably tame. Fat would be an issue because that would mean the poor animal had not been treated properly.

So far as a sexual partner, physical appeal is important, but is by far not the only criteria. It may be thin, but, if it has bad teeth, smells bad, is stupid or only interested in its own pleasure, it is of no interest to me.

A question for men: Do you categorize every person you see by whether or not you'd have sex with them?

The Question

Eternal
eloisel said:
A question for men: Do you categorize every person you see by whether or not you'd have sex with them?

Yes. Is that a decision-making factor for whether or not we'll interact with that person? No. (Well, okay, it shouldn't be. For some guys, it is.)

But do we categorize members of the opposite sex based on that criterion? Put another way, do we react to the influence of biology? Yes. And so do women.

You mention you see poor hygiene as a turn-off. A lot of people see obesity as a different type of poor hygiene.

Tyrant

eloisel said:
So far as a sexual partner, physical appeal is important, but is by far not the only criteria. It may be thin, but, if it has bad teeth, smells bad, is stupid or only interested in its own pleasure, it is of no interest to me.
All of them are disqualifiers, including being overweight.

I do not, but the issue brought up is whether or not people who are overweight are physically attractive.

I agree with Raffles that this 'fat culture' is about as valid as a 'stinking, unkempt person who never showers' culture. People have control over whether or not they shower or jog, so it seems silly to encourage not performing those activites.

Adherents to this culture are lazy. As for just being only fat for whatever reason, be it stress or work, or being in the process of losing weight, there's little reason to categorize them. I just wouldn't screw them.

Cranky Bastard

eloisel said:
It may be thin, but, if it has bad teeth, smells bad, is stupid or only interested in its own pleasure, it is of no interest to me.

Stop picking on me, dammit. What have I ever done to you? Fucking fragile and delicate flower.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Good points:

TQ: You mention you see poor hygiene as a turn-off. A lot of people see obesity as a different type of poor hygiene.

Messenger: I agree with Raffles that this 'fat culture' is about as valid as a 'stinking, unkempt person who never showers' culture. People have control over whether or not they shower or jog, so it seems silly to encourage not performing those activites.

I am glad to see this remark, though:

TQ: Is that a decision-making factor for whether or not we'll interact with that person? No. (Well, okay, it shouldn't be. For some guys, it is.)
I think that applies to a number of individual character traits for most people. We may not be sexually attracted to someone, but we can be decent in our dealings with them as a human being. I think that is all the "fat acceptance" people are wanting - to be treated like a human being.

Cranky Bastard

Coming from a scrawny person, I have zero preconceptions or prejudices when dealing with "fat people." I do not avoid them nor do I treat them in any way different from a skinny person.

In fact, I tend to view skinny people with a touch of suspicion: are they druggies, looking for what they can steal? Are they wasting away due to personal insecurities and unsociable habits? Neuroses?

But when it comes to fat people, I am generally averse in a sexual fashion. By fat, in this regard, I'm talking lotsa rolls. The second best screw I ever had was an affair carried on with a married gal who was about 30 pounds overweight with the figure of one of those big softball amazons. Her desperation and need totally overcame the weight and many good encounters resulted.

I regret turning down another overweight married woman, in hindsight. She was about 20 pounds over and I saw her two months later looking like a Playboy model. The rejection wasn't due to weight, but timing. The point there is that old refrain: "I may be fat, but you're ugly and I can diet."

So, on a social level, I have no prejudices against fat. On a sexual level, I do for rolls.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Having been over 200 lbs for almost my whole adult life (till last april), I understand the "fat" phenomena.

I must say, the only reason most people are fat is because they hate themselves. There isn't any other logical reason.