Foundation

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I liked it! Maybe they will explain more about Seldon's math in the second episode. The special effects were really nice, too.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I thought they could have done some visual representation of his equations or something. I guess the books don't really go into that much more detail about it either (maybe, I can't remember.)

I'll watch the second one tomorrow because I have wrestling to watch.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
CRAZY!

CaptainWacky

I really don't want Hari to be out the show already. I guess he'll at least be in the next one with flashbacks explaining what the fuck just happened.

The Emperor is a dick.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I thought that lady was a robot, and BAM she's a robot.

Visually, the first episode was pretty impressive. I haven't read the source material, so I can't really speak to how well it tracked... That being said, it was a fun watch for me and I think I'll watch the rest.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Thought the third episode was pretty dull and it felt like not much happened in it. Definitely missed Hari and Gaal, who were the best characters in the first two.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Since it is 19 yrs (I think) in the future, will they have another actress play Gaal? AND WHERE IS SHE?

CaptainWacky

I think she'll turn out to be in the vault or whatever it's called.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I will be glad when they show us what is inside the fricking vault.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I really liked this one! Brother Dawn and his robot bugs were cute. I love Salvor Hardin, and I really want to know what her visions are all about.

CaptainWacky

The Emperor shouting the fat maths guy to death was the best part.

CaptainWacky

It was good to see Gaal again, but her flashback at the start went on too long considering we didn't learn much new from it (fundamentalists are dumb, well duh.)

I guess Seldon is a sentient hologram now.

Ishcabittle

I really dig it, and I have no frame of reference. More tonight!!!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Was Harry a sentient hologram in the books? I REMEMBER NOTHING.

CaptainWacky

He pops up as a hologram to give guidance for thousands of years, but I don't think he could be interacted with.

CaptainWacky

They sure like ending on a cliffhanger then not following it up in the next episode.

The stuff on Terminus feels like it's taken too long to get to this point.

The young Emporer and the gardner is cute but she'll probably just get murdered.