Foundation

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I liked the way the Terminus stuff finally ended, but I was thinking it was also thinking it was a bit long. I love the warden stuff, though.

I bet old Empire kills the gardener girl. I was thinking that since baby Empire is so different, he will be the one to change everything.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I think he could be the end of their line because he's a mutant fuck.

CaptainWacky

They had all four subplots in one episode and it was probably too many! Is Gaal a mutant? Is she The Mule? I can't remember anything about The Mule. It was weird.

Is Hugo really dead or just floating through space? I think he'll shockingly show up and save the day.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The Mule was a clown, I think! It's all so hard to remember.

I REALLY hope Hugo floats in to save the day.

CaptainWacky

The way they moved on from his death so quickly made it kind of obvious he had a SECRET PLAN.

CaptainWacky

More like Emperor JERKNOSE.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I saw the first episode (sadly won’t see any more as it was the free one you don’t need an Apple TV sub for) and I liked it. I thought they explained the central idea very clearly and the world building was very nice. It’s great to see these realistic adaptations of Foundation and Dune. I hope Rendevous with Rama will be next.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
How long before robot lady breaks free from her programming and stabs medium Emperor in the balls?

Does this mean Gaal will be out of the story for awhile? Also, I'm glad whatshisface survived.

CaptainWacky

How come she doesn't have to follow the 3 Laws of Robotics? GRRRRR.

I saw the first episode (sadly won’t see any more as it was the free one you don’t need an Apple TV sub for) and I liked it. I thought they explained the central idea very clearly and the world building was very nice. It’s great to see these realistic adaptations of Foundation and Dune. I hope Rendevous with Rama will be next.

It's an entertaining silly space opera but after the first episode the psychohistory angle is almost nonexistant. All we ever see of Terminus is them fighting terrorists rather than planning for the future, Hari and Gaal just shout at each other about the Foundation rather than expand further on how the science works. And yeah it looks like she won't even do anything until season two at this point.

CaptainWacky

I'm glad terrorist bitch is finally dead, but it was stupid that Salvor failed to tie her up properly

SO MANY PLOT TWISTS in the Cleon story lol.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I'm going to start this as soon as I finish Squid Game. Just signed up for the service. Best streaming deal on the net. Watche Finch last night which was great.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
How many baby Empires have escaped?? WILL THIS EPISODE ANSWER MY QUESTION BEFORE IT IS OVER? OH LOL. He did not escape! He is a whole different thing. Sneaky. omg now I feel sorry for baby Empire.

CaptainWacky

How many baby Empires have escaped?? WILL THIS EPISODE ANSWER MY QUESTION BEFORE IT IS OVER? OH LOL. He did not escape! He is a whole different thing. Sneaky. omg now I feel sorry for baby Empire.
I would have preferred if they'd done the story with the rebel replacing him.

CaptainWacky

I thought the finale was pretty dull and not much really happened. How could Hari have possibly predicted that the terrorist plot with the Invictus would fail? Psychohistory is supposed to predicted the actions of large groups, not individuals.

We already knew the robot woman was willing to kill to protect Cleon's line so her killing Kid Cleon didn't really tell us anything new.

Gaal really did nothing the whole season depsite the first episode making her look like the main character. Maybe next season!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Hugo and his blue eyes should get their own series.

CaptainWacky

I guess nobody will be in season 2 but Gaal, Salvor, Holo Hair, Cleon and the robot.

CaptainWacky

Time to try to remember what happened in season one!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Well I also don't remember much about season 1, but I think I remember enjoying it. Hopefully it will all come back to us!

CaptainWacky

There was a robot.