GLOW!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Did we know aboot this? Alison Brie? Wrestling? Zoinks!

‘GLOW’ Photos: Alison Brie Hits The Gym In Netflix’s Wrestling Comedy

by Liz Calvario April 6, 2017 7:00am

Netflix’s new series reminds audiences that women don’t sweat, they GLOW! The streaming service has released seven new photos from its upcoming wrestling comedy, GLOW, starring Alison Brie in full ‘80s attire.

Inspired by the beloved show from the 80s, GLOW follows Ruth Wilder (Brie), an out-of-work, struggling actress in 1980s Los Angeles who finds one last chance for stardom when she’s thrust into the glitter and spandex world of women’s wrestling. In addition to working with 12 Hollywood misfits, Ruth also has to compete with Debbie Eagan (Betty Gilpin) a former soap actress who left the business to have a baby, only to be sucked back into work when her picture perfect life is not what it seems. And at the wheel is Sam Sylvia (Marc Maron), a washed-up, B-movie director who now must lead this group of women on the journey to wrestling stardom.

GLOW was created by Liz Flahive (Homeland, Nurse Jackie) and Carly Mensch (Nurse Jackie, Orange Is The New Black). Orange Is the New Black creator Jenji Kohan and Tara Herrmann executive produce alongside Flahive and Mensch who are serving as showrunners.

GLOW arrives to Netflix on Friday, June 23. Check out the new photos by clicking in the gallery above.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I will watch it!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I of course knew and will watch it on the subscription service "Netflix" this June.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
BOOP BE DOOP SEX.

Uo1hWDi.gif

CaptainWacky

Maybe she'll become a wrestler for real now.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I have been tracking progress carefully. Apparently, if the internet fapping community is to be trusted, Alison has a nude scene in the first episode. THE STUFF OF DREAMS.

I'm very proud of her for doing such a public service. It would have been a major shame if Annie's boobs never saw the light of day.

Here are some stills. They are clearly purposefully using makeup to make her look less naturally glamorous for some reason but check out that leotard. Lord have mercy.

lADGDxh.jpg VczBWxE.jpg PDfUM1y.jpg p49cy4e.jpg 7d7n7irg.jpg xhpvpus.jpg 37M8yp0.jpg gj89aGs.jpg ffUAc36.jpgAK7pxjlr.jpg

CaptainWacky

*high fives the bros*

CaptainWacky

The fucking robot has drugs in it.

CaptainWacky

It's on Netflix tomorrow, I WONDER IF ANYONE WILL WATCH IT THEN POST HERE ABOUT IT.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I WILL DO IT.

CaptainWacky

I watched the first few episodes. It's good! It's funny and the acting is good, and the wrestling stuff is probably about as accurate as you're going to get in a comedy tv show.

So, Harry from Mad Men has now fucked Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs in seperate Netflix shows. That's a bit weird.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
1st episode was good! Love the music.

Haha, Alison Brie is a heel. OR NOT. They are so mean to Ruth :rwmad:

Alright, I watched The Dusty Spur (so i'll remember which one to start on tomorrow).

I'm loving it so far!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Haha, Billy Offal.

In Soviet Union we have one chair!

I loved the match they went to. It reminded me of the ones I saw when i was a kid. I wonder if any of the famous wrestlers even still go to small places like that anymore.

CaptainWacky

I finished it (there's only ten episodes and they're all 30-35 minutes so it's not like it took me that long!) It's a good tv show! I enjoyed watching it all. Good characters and comedy. Fairly standard story (but with wrestling) and I did predict one plot development long before it happend (involving Justine) but I'd say it was well written. The only thing I'd say is I wish there was more of it? Maybe longer episodes or a longer season, because they didn't go as indepth with everything as they could have. I've seen it compared to Orange Is The New Black but that has hour long episodes and more serious drama whereas GLOW is more on the comedy side.

I think the wrestling scenes were shot in such a way that they'd be exciting to someone who doesn't watch wrestling?

OF COURSE as a fan I spotted a lot of moves that nobody would have done in 1985. Like no way someone would do a double jump moonsault four years before The Great Muta brought the regular moonsault to WCW! They even threw in a Stone Cold Stunner at one point, WHICH SEEMS HIGHLY UNLIKELY IN 1985. Luckily none of that matters!

GLOWbot should have been in it more.

I loved the match they went to. It reminded me of the ones I saw when i was a kid. I wonder if any of the famous wrestlers even still go to small places like that anymore.

There's definitely still small wrestling shows like that going on all over the world. Older wrestlers who've left the WWE will sometimes wrestle on them. You should watch The Wrestler (if you haven't) to see the sad side of the business!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Maybe It's All the Disco is the one that I am watching right now (and will be the last one for the night, JUST SO I RMEMBER)

Live Studio Audience was my favorite so far because it had lots of wrestling!

CaptainWacky

The Beatdown Biddies putting on the KKK hoods was lol.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OK I just finished the last one!

I agree there should have been more episodes, or longer ones because this entire season seemed like character building. It was good character building, but the show really came alive when they were practicing wrestling and then actually wrestling. My two favorites were Live Studio Audience and the last one - Money's in the Chase. They did a really good job capturing the campy wrestling soap opera.