CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Looks like it's gonna be even better!

CaptainWacky

I HOPE THEY BEAT THE MEN IN THE RATINgs.

CaptainWacky

AND THE BLACK WOMAN PINS HOGAN.

CaptainWacky

REMEMBER season two will be on "the 'flix"* tomorrow!

*This is what cool people call Netflix.

CaptainWacky

I hate Debbie.

CaptainWacky

I finished the season. Since most of the episodes are about 32 minutes (with the finale being 45) and there's only ten of them it doesn't really take that long. I guess that's a good thing because it leaves you wanting more and there's no filler or wasted episodes, but it would have been nice to have a bit more time on some of the minor characters to give them more to do. It was another great season anyway! I like that it's a feel good, positive show. It feels appropriate for the subject matter of a goofy eighties women's wrestling show. It touches on serious subjects (like rape and AIDS!) but never gets too dark. And that's nice in this day and age! I did find Debbie annoying in the first half of the season when she was being horrible to Ruth all the tim but she got better.

It was good that Zoya won the crown ("Is that a Russian on a zipline!?") and that the robot got to go to the wdding.

I HOPE THERE'S ANOTHER SEASON.

CaptainWacky

It's werid that 'Nothing's Gonna Stop us Now' was written for the terrible movie Mannequin.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I WATCHED THE 1ST ONE. It was really good. The mall scenes were hilarious. Sam is still an asshole.

CaptainWacky

No season 3 announcement yet...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
SEXY BREAK DANCING.

I don't understand why Sam is such a douchebag.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I watched 3 and 4 tonight.

Poop baby!

Welfare Queen's son is hot.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
SEXY BREAK DANCING.

I don't understand why Sam is such a douchebag.

I'm up to episode 8!

Keep watching! Sam gets less of a douche as the season progresses.

Sexy break dancing lol.;) (You'll find out why that's funny in a later episode)

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I was pleasantly surprised by the actor playing Bash. He has grown out of a one note comic character to reveal quite a bit of depth and nuance. There is a scene where he is reacting to a very real 80's issue, and it involves his best childhood friend. It's just him by the pool, no dialogue, and the range of emotions that go across his face is spectacular.
Anybody interested should check out the GLOW documentary also on Netflix. It's the actual story of the girls these are based on, and it is very good and more than a little sad. Plus I never knew Mando Guerrero was the one training the girls, and he features in the doc.

CaptainWacky

I find it a bit werid that Bash is a guest star and not a main character. He's in every episode!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
KEEPING TRACK OF THE NUMBERS. I just watched #5.

This season is really great, better than last season, imo.