Guns Don't Kill People, Gun Control Kills People

Acrimonious

headvoid said:
My god, that's dumb

I agree. It is absolute political retardation. I mean that quite literally.

I feel the same way about gun-control laws.

Ben Franklin said it rather eloquently:

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Acrimonious said:
One simple example is locks on a door. They don't stop a break-in, but they do deter it. In either case, the police won't arrive in time, but sometimes the presence of the lock makes the burglar think twice about making so much noise to get in. The same holds true with firearms in the hands of law-abiding citizens. All it takes is a few to deter crime.

When locks get into criminal hands they are terrible things. They can cause terrible chaffing of the skin.

Cranky Bastard

headvoid said:
When locks get into criminal hands they are terrible things. They can cause terrible chaffing of the skin.

:|

Ha.

He was speaking of deterrence, of course, against crime. If the government were to outlaw locks, a deterrence is removed.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Interesting arguments in this thread, but Vermont is the model for gun control in America. We show exactly what responsible gun ownership means. Lowest crime related statistics involving guns. Highest per capita gun ownership.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I own a fucking gun, and I know exactly how to use it well, too. That doesn't mean I'm drunk with power and ever have had to even do anything but clean it. I've never used it for anything. But would in a minute.

The Question

Eternal
Hopefully, you also put yourself through quals with it at a range at least four times a year.

Cranky Bastard

Guns murder people, those evil bad bastard American polluting right wing christian hypocritical homophobic fat lazy McDonald's eating machines!

The Question

Eternal
The only machines that murder people look like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Robert Patrick and Kristanna Loken. Thus, we should ban bodybuilders, guys with jug-ears and supermodels.

But mostly bodybuilding supermodels with jug-ears. Get 'em the fuck outta here.