images

The Dallas Cowboys
ESPN

c61b3de9e02fd47291a7e5f7e7ac17f2.jpg

DALLAS COWBOYS
CBS

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

With the schedule release tonight, a reminder on the Cowboys opponents: Home – New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers, Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons. Away – New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Minnesota Vikings

Andy Dalton is viewing the Cowboys as the start to his career's second half. Mike McCarthy's history with QBs, talent on the offense, the chance to win, plus staying close to home played a part in his decision. “I believe I'm a starter in this league, and I feel like I could bring a lot to the table,” Dalton said. “I know I'm on a one-year deal. I understand the market's going to be a little bit different next offseason. For me, I'm trying to set myself up and put myself in the best position.”

The Cowboys have agreed to a one-year deal with backup offensive tackle Cameron Erving, according to a source. The Cowboys did not pick up the 2020 option for Cameron Fleming, and he signed a free-agent deal with the New York Giants. Erving spent the last three seasons with Kansas City and started eight games for the Chiefs in 2019.

Speaking on 1310 The Ticket in Dallas, Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones likened the addition of Andy Dalton to an NFC East rival. “To have a guy like Andy Dalton come in here - not unlike what Philly had with Nick Foles when Carson Wentz went down – to be able to take control and win games, win huge games for you if that's what you need is really important,” Jones said. “Certainly you can lay your head on the pillow better at night knowing you have someone like Andy Dalton.”

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Cowboys reach deal with OL Cameron Erving

The Dallas Cowboys filled another roster hole Wednesday with the addition of free-agent offensive lineman Cameron Erving the team announced.Terms were not announced but it's a one-year deal, according to a source. The Cowboys had a need for a veteran backup offensive tackle after losing Cameron Fleming, who held the role in 2018 and '19, earlier in the offseason to the New York Giants. The Cowboys declined to pick up Fleming's $4 million option for 2020, allowing him to become a free agent. The Kansas City Chiefs similarly did not pick up Erving's 2020 option, and he became a free agent. Erving, a first-round pick of the Cleveland Browns in 2015, has started 42 of 69 games in his career, including eight last season at left tackle with Kansas City. He was traded to the Chiefs in 2017. Against the Cowboys in 2016 while with the Browns, Erving was ejected after three plays after he got into a fight with defensive end David Irving.

Click Here For Full Story

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Dallas Cowboys Schedule 2020
Predicted record: 10-6
Last season: 8-8

If the Cowboys want to return to the playoffs in coach Mike McCarthy's first season, they must get off to a fast start. Of the first nine opponents, only two made the playoffs last season (Seattle, Philadelphia), and the Cowboys have three consecutive home games in October.

NFC East
Philadelphia: 10-6 - 2019: 9-7
Dallas: 6-10 - 2019: 8-8
New York Giants: 6-10 -2019: 4-12
Washington: 6-10- 2019: 3-13

Last edited:

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Dallas Cowboys Game-by-game prediction

Sept. 13: at L.A. Rams, Loss
Sept. 20: vs. Atlanta, Win
Sept. 27:
at Seattle, Loss
Oct. 4: vs. Cleveland, Win
Oct. 11:
vs. N.Y. Giants, Win
Oct. 19:
vs. Arizona, Win
Oct. 25:
at Washington, Win
Nov. 1:
at Philadelphia, Loss
Nov. 8: vs. Pittsburgh, Loss
Nov. 15: BYE
Nov. 22: at Minnesota, Loss
Nov. 26: vs. Washington, Win
Dec. 3:
at Baltimore, Loss
Dec. 13: at Cincinnati, Win
Dec. 20:
vs. San Francisco, Win
Dec. 27:
vs. Philadelphia, Win
Jan. 3:
at N.Y. Giants, Win

For Complete Story, Click Here.
Strength of schedule: 30th, .459

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Dallas Cowboys' offseason story: From panic to hope
Without a contract, Prescott might choose to sit, but he played last season for $2 million -- why wouldn't he play this season for $31.4 million? Plus, he needs to put together another quality season to secure the long-term deal he wants from the Cowboys or, possibly, another team.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Length of contract an issue for Dak Prescott, Cowboys

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Skip explains why the Cowboys should not give in to Dak's high salary demands

Without a contract, Prescott might choose to sit, but he played last season for $2 million, why wouldn't he play this season for $31.4 million? Plus, he needs to put together another quality season to secure the long-term deal he wants from the Cowboys or, possibly, another team.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
bf1417f093b0efc60220810732ba7d6e3b6b21ac.jpg

Dallas Cowboys Franchise

Seasons: 60 (1960 to 2019)
Regular Season Record: 516-383-6
Playoff Record:
35-28
Super Bowls Won: 5 (8 Appearances)
Championships Won*:
Winningest Coach: Tom Landry - 250-162-6

Last edited:

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Dallas Cowboys News

Cameron Erving's one-year deal with the Cowboys is worth $2.5 million with the chance to earn another $250,000 through play-time incentives. Erving will receive a $750,000 signing bonus and a $1.25 million base salary, which is fully guaranteed. He can earn up to $500,000 in active roster bonuses ($31,250 per game). He can earn $125,000 if he plays in 65% of the snaps and the Cowboys make the playoffs and another $125,000 if he plays in 80% and they make the playoffs.

The Cowboys would be holding their rookie minicamp at The Star today if not for the coronavirus shutdown. Instead, their draft picks, including first-rounder CeeDee Lamb, and undrafted free agents can take part in the virtual meetings for the first time with coaches and begin learning the offense, defense and special teams playbooks.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
3 & Out: Do All 7 Draft Picks Make The Team?

The first four picks – wide receiver CeeDee Lamb, cornerback Trevon Diggs, defensive tackle Neville Gallimore and cornerback Reggie Robinson II – all figure to play early. The Cowboys traded back into the fourth round to draft Tyler Biadasz because they think he can develop into a starting center at some point. Fifth-rounder Bradlee Anae is talented enough to be in the rotation at defensive end right away. The biggest question is probably seventh-rounder Ben DiNucci. The Cowboys just signed Dalton to back up Prescott, and they haven't kept three quarterbacks on the active roster the last two seasons. But Cooper Rush is now a Giant, and DiNucci has a chance if he shows out. Plus, the new collective bargaining agreement allows for 55 active-roster players, up from 53, which means two practice squad players are eligible to be called up each week.

Click Here For Full Siory

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Cowboys draftee Neville Gallimore's best football might be ahead of him

You could hear Neville Gallimore's excitement through the computer screen. The words flew out of his mouth moments after the Dallas Cowboys selected the defensive tackle in the third round (No. 82 overall) of the 2020 NFL draft. "A high-effort guy. A guy with the jack-of-all trades. A guy that's also disruptive and can rush the passer or a guy that can stop the run," Gallimore said, describing himself. "Whatever you need, whatever you want from me, I will do just that and I'll do it to the best of my abilities. And how I kind of describe myself, again, is an unfinished process. I feel like a lot of people understand that my ceiling is so high, and I know that. Again, the best football hasn't come out of me yet, but it's coming. It's coming soon." NFL players don't often come from Ottawa, Canada. He is the third from Ottawa to be drafted, joining Jesse Palmer (fourth round, New York Giants, 2001) and Christo Bilukidi (sixth round, Oakland Raiders, 2012).

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Rank'Em: Early Ranking of Cowboys' 11 Corners

Every position on the roster has some kind of question mark, especially during this unique offseason that has the players doing virtual meetings with their coaches and teammates. Throw in the fact that nearly the entire coaching staff is new and it causes for every more uncertainty. And then there's the cornerback position, where your guess is as good as ours in terms of where to slot these players on a depth chart. So as we sit here in the middle of May, that's exactly what we did. The writers of DallasCowboys.com took a guess at trying to rank the cornerbacks and how it could shake out for the regular season.

Click Here For Complete Story

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Jerry Jones was back at The Star on Tuesday as the NFL held a virtual meeting. Jones felt it was important to be back in the office, which were opened under strict guidelines. "In the days and weeks ahead I look forward to welcoming many of our employees back to our workplace," Jones said in a video released by the club. "We're committed to doing what is safe and smart in everything that complies with the rules from the standpoint of our states, our counties, our cities as well as NFL rules."

The Cowboys need more production from their cornerbacks who remain, like Chidobe Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis and Anthony Brown, and their newcomers, Daryl Worley and Maurice Canady, but they believe rookies Trevon Diggs (second round) and Reggie Robinson (fourth round) have the ability to go get the ball. They combined for seven interceptions and 25 pass deflections last season at Alabama and Tulsa, respectively.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
Did LeBron Consider The Cowboys In 2011?

We've been revisiting a lot of old memories while we wait on sports to return. Instead of past great moments, what about a great "what if" scenario? It's long been known that LeBron James, the 16-time NBA All-Star, three-time NBA champion and current Los Angeles Laker, grew up a Dallas Cowboys fan. Apparently, he once considered making the transition to Dallas Cowboys player. James appeared on "Uninterrupted" on Monday night to talk about the acclaimed Michael Jordan documentary, "The Last Dance," as well as his own memories of MJ. In addition, he talked about his history with football — as well as his flirtation with returning to the gridiron during the 2011 NFL lockout.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Sources: Cowboys' Aldon Smith reinstated by NFL
Smith, 30, has not played in an NFL game since he was suspended as a member of the Raiders in 2015 because of legal and substance abuse issues. Now that he has been reinstated, he will receive $90,000 from the Cowboys as part of the one-year deal he signed in April that could be worth up to $4 million.