I'm not going to watch any of the new television programs this season

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Well...except for The Walking Dead, which is an adaptation of the excellent Kirkman comic book.

I always love the Fall TV preview from Entertainment Weekly, and lately they've been doing Spring and Summer previews as well. The problem is, all of the "genre" shows, like "The Event" or "No Ordinary Family" are not worth the time investment, since they'll most likely be canceled before running a full season. I've decided I'll stick with the core shows I already watch (Basically Chuck and Modern Family, since Lost and 24 are dunzo), and wait for any new show to complete at least one season.

Anyone else leery of making the time and effort to watch new shows these days?

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I've decided to catch up on past episodes of shows people have told me I need to watch. Namely, Doctor Who (as stated before, I'm working my way through all 31 series of the show) and Burn Notice. I might add True Blood to that list. I think I'll finish some others first.

I'm eagerly awaiting new episodes of Doctor Who, Metalocalypse, Caprica, House M.D., Bones, Ugly Americans, and a few others.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I have a life long habit of getting into shows only after they have been around for a few seasons.

Mad Men starts up again next week.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I have a life long habit of getting into shows only after they have been around for a few seasons.

Mad Men starts up again next week.

I have a life long habit of not getting into shows after they've been around a few seasons. So wanted to watch Lost and Sopranos. But I had the endings spoiled for me so I doubt I ever will.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I thought Caprica was canceled?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
No, there are rumours about that, but I don't think it is. They've only shown the first half of season 1 so far and the cast are doing a panel at Comic Con, so it's still a go AFAIK.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
No, there are rumours about that, but I don't think it is. They've only shown the first half of season 1 so far and the cast are doing a panel at Comic Con, so it's still a go AFAIK.

Yub

Anachrophobic
I still haven't seen any BSG. One day I'll get around to it.

I can't wait for The Walking Dead to begin. It'd better be as awesome as the books or I'LL BE GRUMPY!!

Yub

Anachrophobic
You know it'll never be as good as the film. Also it's on the CW.

It smells of fail.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Does Walking Dead start "this season"? They haven't even started casting yet.

Yub

Anachrophobic
Wikipedia said:
On August 12, 2009, it was announced that AMC had picked up the rights to produce a show based on the comic.[6][7] Frank Darabont will write, direct and serve as an executive producer. Charles H. Eglee is attached as a writer and executive producer.
On January 21, 2010 AMC announced that a pilot was ordered for the show,[8] which will begin filming on 15 May 2010.[9] Announced cast members include Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes, Sarah Wayne Callies as Lori[10], Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes[11], Jon Bernthal as Shane Walsh, Steven Yeun as Glenn, Laurie Holden as Andrea, IronE Singleton as T-Dog[citation needed], and Jeffrey DeMunn as Dale.[12] Six episodes have been ordered as part of the first season.[13] It is scheduled to debut on AMC in October 2010.[14] Greg Nicotero worked on the special and make-up effects.[15]

Yub

Anachrophobic
Sorry, but all those shows bite it. Maybe if you're gayer than a barrel full of monkeys on crystal meth they are watchable. Or if you're Tomtrek watching for the Tratchenberg. But for the heterosexual male, they suck like J Edgar Hoover in fishnets.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Laurie Holden is too old to play Andrea. My interest has dropped.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Sorry, but all those shows bite it. Maybe if you're gayer than a barrel full of monkeys on crystal meth they are watchable. Or if you're Tomtrek watching for the Tratchenberg. But for the heterosexual male, they suck like J Edgar Hoover in fishnets.
Big Dick McGee has killed other hetero men for saying such things about Veronica Mars. Sleep with one eye open.

Yote Mustaine

TV is a bit boring now daysd. Only thing I watch is Eastenders and CSI. That's all I watch because I am mostly at work and online.