It appears Fuck Face is on hiatus

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Also, read Luke 15 for Jesus' supposed take on the matter. Kind of underscores the point. (ftr I'm not religious, I just thought this played into the discussion)

The Question

Eternal
Think of it this way: If you get into a car crash and one person has a serious head injury but the others have a few bumps and bruises, the person whose life is at risk gets first priority when it comes to medical care. That doesn’t mean paramedics won’t help the rest of the passengers, but that triage places the most dire situation first in line. Or, to look at it another way, if someone keeps setting your house on fire, you'd want firefighters to do something about it. Wouldn't it upset you if instead, people kept telling you that "all houses matter equally," if yours was the one burning?

I get that you're talking triage, metaphorically -- but the metaphor you're using doesn't reflect the stats. A more accurate metaphor is that they've all got head trauma. In the house fire metaphor, it's the whole neighborhood -- so whose house should the firefighters not bother with?

Again, look at the stats -- bad cops victimize people without regard to race pretty much equally. The single out one race and say, "well, it only really matters when it happens to them" is, itself, a racist position.

The Question

Eternal
Also, read Luke 15 for Jesus' supposed take on the matter. Kind of underscores the point. (ftr I'm not religious, I just thought this played into the discussion)

I'm not religious, either, so it means less than nothing to me what a medieval fantasy novel based on some ancient cult formed around a delusional nutball has to say about it.

jack

Well I dont usually hear about black cops kneeling on white perps necks til they asphyxiate. I imagine it happens, but it doesn't seem to be endemic.

The Question

Eternal
Well I dont usually hear about black cops kneeling on white perps necks til they asphyxiate. I imagine it happens, but it doesn't seem to be endemic.

It doesn't fit the narrative, so it gets little local coverage. It sure as shit doesn't fuel a week long Outrage-A-Thon for NBCNMSNBCPUSA, so of course the perception is that it doesn't happen.

There's systemic racism, all right, but as is always true of systemic racism, it's the racism the targets of which are approved of, when it's acknowledged at all.

"White people have it comin' to 'em," is just another way to say, well, it's okay to do it to Those People.

And since I anticipate an Ancuckagon appearance in here where he'll assure us that mainstream media bias is a myth, contrast the media's treatment of the CHAZ occupation versus their treatment of the Bundy (and supporters) occupation of that Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. The media wanted the Bundy crowd to get the Waco treatment; CHAZ is just a "block party".

jack

I get where you're coming from. I was surprised by CHAD, but the alternative was total destruction. I was watching some live feeds and the cops were fucked in that situation. They were smart. It's amazing to see hippie (yippie) culture sprout suddenly from the ashes but that's what's happening in CHAZ. We might just let them try to figure this shit out. The stuff i've seen is interesting. Pretty low key with the cops banned and the mike live.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Were I Trump, I'd send in the 82nd and start knocking heads because this is sorta kinda insurrection and open rebellion on US soil.

But I imagine Trump has advisors cautioning him to chill the fuck down while all these protests are going on.

jack

Cant wait til Saturday.

The Question

Eternal
Were I Trump, I'd send in the 82nd and start knocking heads because this is sorta kinda insurrection and open rebellion on US soil.

But I imagine Trump has advisors cautioning him to chill the fuck down while all these protests are going on.

Yep. This is bait. They're trying to get Trump to do exactly what you suggest so they can play the "Orange Man Dictator!" card. He's not falling for it.

jack

Well, we;ll see how his little distraction from trying to fire Berman goes today. Stuff doesn't make sense, until it suddenly does.

jack

What a week.

jack

The Question

Eternal
Well, we;ll see how his little distraction from trying to fire Berman goes today. Stuff doesn't make sense, until it suddenly does.

Him and Braga should never have been hired to run a show in the first place.

:bill:

jack

I think he expected loyalty from Berman instead of , you know, trying to do what the job was.

jack

What was the question again?

jack

Now Trump says he's deaf. wtf?

jack

mmm Thursday morning. Time to make the donuts!

jack

Now its Friday. Theyre coming to our town from all oVer AHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

jack

jack