Kandyse McClure is HOT

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
You kept wanting less soap opera. I preferred BSG when its character development was "it's the end of the world and I'm shit scared I won't be able to keep it together when everyone's relying on me" and not "it's the end of the world and I'm married to a hot chick who cheated on her boyfriend with me but then he died, but I really fancy my friend who is also married and we both cheated on our partners and they're figuring it out".

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
As I remember it, the first five episodes and the last five episodes of season 3 are really good. It's the ten in between that are a mixed bag.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yep, everything up to Exodus Part II and maybe a few episodes after is fantastic, but then we have to wait aaaaaaaagggeeess for the trial(even real trials don't take THAT long to begin!) and most of the flashbacks to the occupation are all rubbish because they just show soap opera crap instead of dealing with the interesting issues.

CaptainWacky

Baltar disappeared for a few episodes too (though the Yorkshire accent scene almost made up for it.)

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
You guys really watch Battlestar Galactica?

CaptainWacky

No. We're clearly all lying.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Fuddlemiff said:
You kept wanting less soap opera. I preferred BSG when its character development was "it's the end of the world and I'm shit scared I won't be able to keep it together when everyone's relying on me" and not "it's the end of the world and I'm married to a hot chick who cheated on her boyfriend with me but then he died, but I really fancy my friend who is also married and we both cheated on our partners and they're figuring it out".
You mean Lee and Kara are getting it on in Season 3? 4REAL??
Well, that just got me interested again. :D

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Fuddlemiff said:

That is it exactly. I liked the soapy moments in extremely small doses. The fight for their lives was what hooked me. I wonder why it is that when a show becomes popular and gets critical acclaim it often goes to shit?

LOL.. Jack, you read comic books and are amazed that people watch BSG?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMGOMGOMG!!! Did you guys know that Nana Visitor is going to be in an episode of BSG?

CaptainWacky

Yes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Why didn't you tell me? :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

I didn't know you were a fan.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Of Nana Visitor? I thought everyone loved her nose.. and the way it made her eyes cross just a little.

CaptainWacky

She didn't really do much after BSG but she's still acting.