Movie trailers

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Literally can't tell if the two guys with blonde hair but different haircuts are the same guy or different characters?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I think the same guy, but at different times? He probably got in trouble for being an actual mentor instead of a spectacle maker.

Is this a prequel?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I think the same guy, but at different times? He probably got in trouble for being an actual mentor instead of a spectacle maker.

Is this a prequel?
Yes, it's a prequel. The blondie is a young President Snow.

StarMan™

Oh look, a prequel.

I watched the movies and was mildly entertained, IIRC.

The premise seemed well-served by the originals - not exactly screaming out for an origin story.

CaptainWacky

I hope the nuclear bomb makes the "BWAM" noise when it goes off.

CaptainWacky

We got a really long trailer for the new Wes Anderson film, but not the trailers for The Marvels or Indiana Jones which would have seemed more appropriate.

whisky

Boobie inspector
We got the flash, fast x and Oppenheimer.

All of which can wait till they are on sky, I don't plan on going to the cinema too often.

CaptainWacky

Zendaya in TENNIS SEX.

CaptainWacky

Is he short enough.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member

This looks like it could be just fine or could be an absolute ABOMINATION that irreparably harms Timothée Chalamet's career for years to come. We shall see!

A Willy Wonka origin story? I mean, OK, I guess? Hugh Grant as an Oompa Loompa? ZANY.

CaptainWacky

"From the director of Paddington" is the reason to think it might actually be surprisingly good. I'll admit I laughed at Hugh Grant and at Rowan Atkinson.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Hugh Grant will save the movie, especially if he does a lot of appearances for it.

CaptainWacky

There's a lot of complaining that Wonka seems kind of nice and doesn't have the edge of the Wilder version, but this is a prequel so maybe it'll actually show how he develops that edge. Like maybe the young girl (I assume she's his adopted daughter?) is brutally murdered by the chocolate mob and the movie ends with him saying "I'M BITTER NOW!"

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
There's a lot of complaining that Wonka seems kind of nice and doesn't have the edge of the Wilder version, but this is a prequel so maybe it'll actually show how he develops that edge. Like maybe the young girl (I assume she's his adopted daughter?) is brutally murdered by the chocolate mob and the movie ends with him saying "I'M BITTER NOW!"
My only complaint is that with the casting of Chalamet and Hugh Grant it looks like an SNL skit that was made into a movie.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Thankfully, it's a prequel because if they tried to remake the original story again, I think there would be much more pushback, so that's a smart move. Although maybe if this film is a hit, they'll do it next. I did get the feeling that Chalamet was overacting at being eccentric, but it's a trailer, so I can't really judge it too harshly YET. Prequel or not, he's going to get compared to Wilder, and that's a high bar to aspire to.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
(nobody here probably watches/watched Adult Swim but I don't care)

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
(nobody here probably watches/watched Adult Swim but I don't care)

I used to watch Space Ghost Coast to Coast and Aqua Teen Hunger Force on Adult Swim. Just started watching Adult Swim again for My Adventures with Superman.