On Mine Field Pond

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I am never going to get the ground level, am I? :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
CASSIE MAKE YOUR BROTHER DO IT to pay you back for downloading tv shows for him years ago (WACKY REMEMBERS.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
Maybe dig the hole deeper than you need then put some sand in the bottom, then you can shuffle it to the right level.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I can't dig deeper because there is a bit of concrete where I want to put it. The concrete was put there probably 30 years ago, so it is almost level, but has shifted some. I was hoping I could use dirt and sand to level the edges, but I think I need a better level. Maybe a straight board that is about 3ft long that I could scooch (IT'S A WORD) around in a circle to smooth it all out. idk.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Would it be wrong to give up on the dream of LEVEL and just get on with it? It's only about a half inch off. I THINK THE TANK IS OFF LEVEL :rwmad: Like the sides are not true. Or something.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Cut the bits off that are above level then it's all level.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I WILL USE A CHAINSAW!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Being perfectly level would just remind you that it's a FAKE pond. Embrace the imperfections, you don't want a WOODEN BOY PINOCCHIO POND, you want a REAL BOY PINOCCHIO PONDEH!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I HAVE ACCEPTED SLIGHTLY OFF LEVEL. Now I have moved on to building my table for the filter to sit on. Well, I built it already, basically. Hauling cinder blocks is not as easy as it used to be. A few years ago I could have stacked 4 of them on a dolly and pushed them up the yard, but now I just decided to do two at a time. I DON'T CARE HOW LONG IT TAKES. My filter table is also not perfectly level :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
My doorbell's stayed up for a week.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I managed to get the table for the filter level, and it just makes it so obvious the pond is not level. Maybe if I drape plants over all of it no one will notice!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG! It wasn't me doing a bad leveling job, it was a bad level! My brother got me a good level, and my fricking pond was already level. lol

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
9mXdDNw.gif