Requesting prayers for my wifes' nephew's youngest daughter

Knight Templar

Had Lane family Christmas (Amy's family) today at Hot Springs at her nieces big house. But everything was overshadowed by other news. We found out that Amy's nephew Trevor Hooker and his wife's youngest daughter Camille, (less than one year old) has a massive tumor on one of her kidneys. She is in Children's Hospital in Little Rock right now. The tumor is larger than the kidney it is growing on. She is going to have surgery this next week to have the tumor (and kidney) both removed. Again, she is a few months under a year old. This is her first ever Christmas.

I'm requesting prayers from all the members with any religious beliefs and the well wishes from those without any. No baby should have to suffer so.

All for the moment.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Many blessings to you and your family this season. That's a tough diagnosis. My wife and I are part of a prayer circle, so we'll include thoughts and prayers for the little one.

The shiny edge to this is that the baby is young and the body can function with one kidney. Hopefully this turns out to be a blessing in disguise.

Good luck.

jack

First steps are always a blast. It's amazing to see it click in them for the first time!

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Holy shit.

No child should ever have to suffer through THAT. And so young, too....

jack

Please keep us posted as to her health status.

Merry Christmas.

Knight Templar

Camille's surgery began about 7:30 this morning and apparently went well. The doctor said that there was no apparently spread to the lymph nodes or anywhere elsewhere but of course they'll have to wait for the pathology report to be sure. Given those fact that were not anticipating administering chemotherapy at this time. Sounds like the news is as good as it can reasonably expected to be at this time.

Camille was all smiles before she was taken in to surgery.

jack

That's good news. We're all rooting for the little fighter!

jack

How's everything going?

Knight Templar

Sorry to hear it Dayton. Hopefully they caught it early enough and she makes a full recovery. People can do well with just one kidney.

I worry about her development given she is so young though.

Her daddy's text just awhile ago said she had a very restless night but was much calmer today. She was able to sit in her grandparents laps and seemed pretty happy. As he said I guess that's all we can ask right now.

Knight Templar

Update on Camille. All except one of the IVs will be removed today which should improve her mobility. She should like that. There is no further update on the blood pressure issue with her. All prayers and well wishes continue to be appreciated.

jack

Good stuff. Thanks fpor keeping us updated.