Sorry but I've started watching Breaking Bad

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Badger and Skinny Pete could be in it!

CaptainWacky

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Why can't they just let a great show be dead? Why keep flogging the corpse?

CaptainWacky

It mgiht be good.

CaptainWacky

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I'd usually be very wary but I have trust in Gilligan's restraint and the trailer looks soley focussed on Jessie's story after the events of BB. I'm pretty hyped. Love the trailer.

CaptainWacky

El Camino is really good. Is it necessary in any way? No. Does it even changed Jesse's ending from the series much? Not really! Is it brilliantly acted, written and directed and beautifully shot? Yo! (Yes it is.) Just imagine if the show had gone on for another two episodes after Walt had died. This is what it would have been. Except it also has flashback scenes featuring deceased characters where everyone looks different than they would have when those scenes took place (especially Jesse Plemons.) If you watch Better Call Saul you'll be accepting of this and I'm definitely not complaining at all. Todd is such a fascinating and fucked up character that it's totaly worth spending some more time with him.

Skinny Pete and Badger are really good friends.

Sad to think that Robert Forster died the day it was released. His scenes were great.

The Walt scene was just a typically classic Walt/Jesse interaction. Nice unexpected Krysten Ritter cameo.

Jesse saying "yeah, bitch!" to a salad bar was my favourite part.

Last edited:

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
When he was in season 2 of Fargo (great show, btw, watch it) he earned the nickname "Fat Damon", which seemed appropriate. And Kirsten Dunst doesn't look uncomfortable at all here.

gettyimages-645765712-h_2017_0.jpg

CaptainWacky

They're engaged and have a kid now so I imagine she was fine!

CaptainWacky

Yep, got together after playing a married couple in Fargo. Quite romantic! Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead also started sleeping together after playing a couple in Fargo, but he was married to someone else at the time so it wasn't quite as romantic...

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Breaking Bad was a fantastic show that ended without trying to do some gimmicky or swerve shit just for the sake of it. I'll always appreciate that. Better Call Saul sounds like hooking on to the hype train and the pretty universal love BB has to cash in on a show that did it right the first time and doesn't need a spin off. Bob Odenkirk is awesome and was the perfect comic relief as Saul in Breaking Bad but I'm a bit wary about how good it can be. Apparently I'm not the only one:

Vince Gilligan admits Better Call Saul 'may have been a mistake' - News - TV & Radio - The Independent
Oh, look! I was completely and fundamentally wrong about BCS. Cool.

Anyway, bump for this commercial.

CaptainWacky

Oh, look! I was completely and fundamentally wrong about BCS. Cool.

Anyway, bump for this commercial.

There's some weird deep fakery going on there, right? Coudln't they just get the actors to film an ad together?