Sorry but I've started watching Breaking Bad

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Just started the pilot on Netflix (literally this minute)...I am doomed to become one of those people who tell you how good Breaking Bad is and soon I'll have to also watch The Wire so I know if it's better/worse than Breaking Bad...the Wacky you knew is dead.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It can be a bit tough going at times, particularly since the characters very rarely seem to consider the harm the meth they cook is doing to their customers, but the quirkyness usually balances things out.

CaptainWacky

"I said fuck you! And your eyebrows!"

I already hate Big Jim from Under the Dome's character (I think I'm supposed to!)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I've never watched the show, but I watched this week's episode for some reason. I could see going back to the beginning.

I've never had a desire to watch The Wire and I don't think I ever will. I think it's partly because I love to infuriate the show's cult-like fans. They annoy me.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Further will cut you if you don't watch The Wire.

CaptainWacky

I liked the first two episodes (of Breaking Bad) but I won't declare it the BEST SHOW EVER yet...still there was nothing to complain about!

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I also have a very strong desire to watch Breaking Bad. This is a real desire.

I have no desire to actually watch The Wire, I enjoy having very little information on it at all. The Wire is a show that I just look up random facts and characters about it and then give contradictory views on it to co workers. It drives them mad. I told a particularly virulent fan that works in our digital production department that I thought Way Down In The Hole by The Smiths was a great theme tune to choose.

CaptainWacky

Oh, and Big Jim is much more interesting as Hank than he is as Big Jim. Trust me on this.

I'm sure he is. He was just a right prick with his "Haha, Walter can't handle my big gun or satisfy my sister sexually!" stuff (but he was supposed to be.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I tried The Wire for a few episodes but couldn't get into it. I think what I like about BB is that while it deals with some really dark material, it always comes with a dose of levity, so you don't go away feeling depressed. The Wire always seemed a bit too hard boiled.

CaptainWacky

FOUR EPISODES IN, I LIKE IT.

CaptainWacky

They're all talking without the Talking Pillow.

CaptainWacky

Marie is such a bitch.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
What do you think of Skylar? She was (I'm sure intentionally) really annoying to begin with, but she's one of my favourite characters now.

whisky

Boobie inspector
[video=youtube;zIom3LSbB0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIom3LSbB0I[/video]

Filthy Whore

Mad Arse Face
The number one reason to watch The Wire:

9790.imgcache.jpg

CaptainWacky

What do you think of Skylar? She was (I'm sure intentionally) really annoying to begin with, but she's one of my favourite characters now.

Well I've only seen up to episode 2 of season 2 but she doens't seem too bad so far. Maybe a big naggy with Walt at first, but I guess it was just frustration at him letting people walk all over him. The actress is good.