The Gul's Psychotic Break/WF Implosion Banpool...

The Question

Eternal
How about I call you a fat, uncivilised, ignorant, stupid, childlike, uncultured, loud, aggressive, warmongering and vulgar American....ya know, because European stereotypes of you must be a widely observed truth, right...?

That they are.

The Question

Eternal
When you are part of a small community and 22 people say you are a racist or bigot that should say something to you and about you, and the fact hat you have to now rely on the likes of Castle for support, a man you once derided as pathetic, should equally send you a message.

What it says to people outside that 'community' is that that 'community' has more or less achieved ideological homogeneity. That's not surprising, considering that said homogeneity has been one of the goals of the owners and staff of that so-called 'community' for some time now.

gturner

Well, "real world" is a term used by @Anna, not me.

I think it is obvious why Islam is discussed. The subject of the show is that fact that they are Muslim, so clearly the editors of the show are going to pick footage that deals with that....and yes, if you had a program called "Christians like us" and they included loose Christians with more devout fundies, who knew going into the show that they were there because of their religion, then they would likely focus on footage that was of that theme as well. Same of they were Jewish (and believe me, I know first hand how the British Jewish community is diverse, from orthodox to casual).I think your comment shows a distinct lack of insight in how TV like this works.

That said, if you truly watched those videos entirely, or at least the first episode, then you would have seen most of them rounding on the fundamentalist. You would have seen charity. You would have seen conflict and disagreement over the interpretation of Islam (which thoroughly supports my often repeated assertion that religion is little more than an idea open to interpretation) and you would have seen people crying over terror attacks committed in their name, and speaking of their frustration and fear of bigoted abuse and stereotyping from people like you and particularly Dinner. So, I have a question for you gturner, having watched that show can you honestly say Dinner's stereotyping of all Muslims as evil animals is valid? If you do, then you just confirm all of the reasons sought to get rid of you, namely that you have no interest in two way discourse.

The problem with Islam is that they rarely have nine Muslims rounding on "the" fundamentalist. It's a bunch of fundamentalists and they have very loud voices - and usually guns. Therefore the leaders of a lot of more moderate Muslim countries frequently jail, torture, or execute fundamentalist leaders. When those governments slack off you get Egypt under the Muslim Brotherhood, the Syria rebellion (complete with crucifixions and sex slavery), the Libyan jihadists, the Iranian revolution, Gaza, Taliban Afghanistan, and lots of other cesspits. Or the leaders co-opt the fundamentalists to produce countries like Saudi Arabia.

In almost all Muslim countries, the people will vote for sharia law. About 1 in 4 British Muslims think sharia law should apply in parts of Britain, and that's a country where 88% of Muslims like being British, and where the vast, vast majority of Muslims come from Pakistan, Bangladesh, and India (and two particular regions of Pakistan and Bangladesh). Even with that as a source population, Muslims make up about 5% of the population of England and Wales but about 14% of the prison population. Imagine what it would be like if British Muslims had come from the brutal, fundamentalist parts of the Middle East.

The BBC can stack the deck on a TV show so that the moderate Muslims always win. But the BBC isn't going to be there in the real world to stack every deck.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Says the guy who posts on a board so tedious that it takes bannings from other places to generate any traffic..... :smooch:

Now wait a sec. For one thing, I don't actually post here, I just comment on things and maybe regurgitate a tired old meme for old memes' sake. Somebody has to do it.

On the other hand, codifying message board rules into law is a wholly worthy endeavour! Sometimes it takes months or years and apparently actual REAMS of tl;dr, but keep plugging away at it, I have faith in you. If you play your cards right maybe you can be lead counsel in Alec Peters' inevitable Appeal Dream Team!

The Question

Eternal
Don't worry about El Chup. He likes to hop online and mock people for being online. Which thing he does... online. Because he has the self-awareness of a thumbtack.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Are you saying Oerdin created that stereotype all by himself? If not, how did the stereotype come to be? (Spoiler: Stereotypes arise from consistently and widely observed truth. Nobody invents them whole cloth from nothing.)

Well, we know one thing for sure -

Oerdin certainly didn't create anything all by himself.

Anna

missmanners' favorite toy
Well Anna's a closeted lesbian, so I don't know if they'd throw her off a building like they do with gay guys or stone her like they do for women in capital crimes.
I'll let you know after the Muzzies toss you off the highest building in Portland <3

Oerdin

M. Bison left because of Gul. I believe we are now at eight or nine posters gone due to Gul's stupidity and need for a safe space where opposing views will never be seen.

Oerdin

Ah, you're right! I switched it up...but it still takes nothing away from my initial point.

It ain't Asian or white Muslims that Dinner has problems with or spew hate towards.

You are simy a liar. I routinely decry all followers of that false religion which is normally your main complaint.

The Question

Eternal
Can someone please tell me why Oerdin hates English?

We might as well make up a reason. When he was very, very young, English skinned his puppy alive and then slapped him around with the bloody side of the pelt.

gturner

WF is so dead that there's nobody there who even commented on M. Bison's departure. It's like "last one to leave turn out the lights." :(