THE KINGDOM OF BLACKFOOT

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
New desk setup:

172987260_4049375315125886_2199010694899628126_n.jpg

Looking good :bigass:

The Question

Eternal
So a quick run down of the new stuff in the machine. (I'd do that in the 'Bad Purchasing Decision' thread in Speak Freely, except... well, that wouldn't fuck up Crackfoot's thread, and I feel like he's owed having his thread fucked up. So here it goes:

Razer Huntsman Elite: Probably the best keyboard I've ever owned, bar none. It's not the Chroma stuff -- I guess maybe there are gamers for whom that kind of thing is... important? Not me. It's fun, and all, adds a little ambiance to the workspace/gamespace.

For me, it's all about that opto-mechanical switch. Smoothest, sweetest typing experience I've ever had. I don't even know how to describe it. If you can, get your hands on one somewhere.

Razer Basilisk V2: A mouse using basically the same switch as in the Huntsman Elite. It boasts 11 programmable buttons; that doesn't so much rock my boat. All I ever use are the main left-click/right-click buttons, the scroll wheel, and the back button. However, one stand-out feature is the dial on the bottom of the mouse that changes the scrolling from notched to smooth and various points in between. Not gaming? You can dial the scrolling resistance to 'smooth' to make for a real nice, silky page scrolling experience. Gonna do some gaming where the scroll wheel perhaps controls weapon selection? Put the 'bumps' back in there for solid weapon choosing. Nice. Oh, and it's got Chroma RGB, as well, but only on the scroll wheel and the logo that's covered by your palm when you're using it, so who really cares lol.

Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma mousepad: Doesn't really... do anything. Just provides a nice fabric surface for your mouse to move around on. Oh, except that the Extended means that it covers the same height-wise as a slightly larger-than-average mouse mat -- but length wise it covers enough of your desk that you put both your keyboard and mouse on it. Gives the desk a nice, unified look. Add in the Chroma and it amps that up with a nice bit of mood lighting.

BenQ Mobiuz 2710 27" 1080p 144hz display: Absolutely gorgeous display for the price. The features are just way too much to get into, but it's probably the best 27" FHD display you can get at the $300 price point. It should be noted, however, that when driven by UHD 630 integrated graphics, the maximum achievable refresh rate for this monitor is 120hz. Still very, very impressive, however.

But here's the big one, and it's made a huge difference -- G.Skill Ripjaws X 32Gb RAM kit. Since the Coffee Lake UHD 630 iGPU can make use of up to half of system memory as VRAM, kicking the amount of system memory from 8Gb to 32Gb is pretty goddamn jarring where performance is concerned, causing the UHD 630 to equal some low-end dedicated GPUs for performance even on relatively modern games.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
I would just like to take a moment and offer another sincere apology to the Blackfoot Native American tribe. I am so, so sorry that the idiot on this forum is ruining your people's good name with his malignant stupidity and Uncle Tomfoolery. Truly, an utter disgrace.

All I know is, he bumps this thread with something stupid and nonsensical when it's been proven it's offline for TOS violations,
Just like the last failed board he "ran", that weird Hyperboard where he was all the posters. :D

So a quick run down of the new stuff in the machine. (I'd do that in the 'Bad Purchasing Decision' thread in Speak Freely, except... well, that wouldn't fuck up Crackfoot's thread, and I feel like he's owed having his thread fucked up. So here it goes:

Nice bump chump(s). See you fools on this thread in a couple of days. How many post and views does this thread have? Baahahahahahahahahahahha. Seems strange that y'all are keeping my thread on top, even though you dipshits aren't interested in joining THE KINGDOM OF BLACKFOOT. Who said the members don't read my threads. I believe the views are around 1,900 in less than a month. Yo Highwayman. Help Venooker find the link to my board. Its between pages 3 and 7. wink-wink. Almost 200 messages and counting.

BLACKFOOT HYPERBOARD:

Last edited:

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
LIAR. Baahahahahahaha. If you ever find the link to THE KINGDOM OF BLACKFOOT, you can use my sock. Name: venooker. Password: 11111qqq. Be sure to change the gmail account when you use it. I'm going to need it for my next sock.
:bigass:

Find it before someone figures out where the link is. Baahahahahaha.

:bigass:

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Board Offline.
Terms of Service Violation.

How easy was that? :bigass:
ToS violation. MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Dumb thieving cupcakeer probably stole somebody's IP who complained to his host about it causing them to shitcan his board. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

jack

Vulpes said:

Razer Huntsman Elite: Probably the best keyboard I've ever owned, bar none. It's not the Chroma stuff -- I guess maybe there are gamers for whom that kind of thing is... important? Not me. It's fun, and all, adds a little ambiance to the workspace/gamespace.

For me, it's all about that opto-mechanical switch. Smoothest, sweetest typing experience I've ever had. I don't even know how to describe it. If you can, get your hands on one somewhere.

Razer Basilisk V2: A mouse using basically the same switch as in the Huntsman Elite. It boasts 11 programmable buttons; that doesn't so much rock my boat. All I ever use are the main left-click/right-click buttons, the scroll wheel, and the back button. However, one stand-out feature is the dial on the bottom of the mouse that changes the scrolling from notched to smooth and various points in between. Not gaming? You can dial the scrolling resistance to 'smooth' to make for a real nice, silky page scrolling experience. Gonna do some gaming where the scroll wheel perhaps controls weapon selection? Put the 'bumps' back in there for solid weapon choosing. Nice. Oh, and it's got Chroma RGB, as well, but only on the scroll wheel and the logo that's covered by your palm when you're using it, so who really cares lol.

Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma mousepad: Doesn't really... do anything. Just provides a nice fabric surface for your mouse to move around on. Oh, except that the Extended means that it covers the same height-wise as a slightly larger-than-average mouse mat -- but length wise it covers enough of your desk that you put both your keyboard and mouse on it. Gives the desk a nice, unified look. Add in the Chroma and it amps that up with a nice bit of mood lighting.

BenQ Mobiuz 2710 27" 1080p 144hz display: Absolutely gorgeous display for the price. The features are just way too much to get into, but it's probably the best 27" FHD display you can get at the $300 price point. It should be noted, however, that when driven by UHD 630 integrated graphics, the maximum achievable refresh rate for this monitor is 120hz. Still very, very impressive, however.

But here's the big one, and it's made a huge difference -- G.Skill Ripjaws X 32Gb RAM kit. Since the Coffee Lake UHD 630 iGPU can make use of up to half of system memory as VRAM, kicking the amount of system memory from 8Gb to 32Gb is pretty goddamn jarring where performance is concerned, causing the UHD 630 to equal some low-end dedicated GPUs for performance even on relatively modern games."

So easy to twist him up, isn't it? :bigass: Love all these stats.

Too bad about those TOS violations shutting the hippies board down, eh? Based on the ignore responses he was up all night with it.

You know that's the same thing that happened with his "Blackfoot hyperboard"? TOS violations. So easy to shut bullshit like that down.

My only hope is that he spent a bunch of money on it and a few days of his worthless time for basically nothing :bigass:

Last edited:

jack

He posted some pictures of me without my permission, among other things. Once directed there the admins did their job. Why do you think he posts his dead link with a heading that read "kingdom of venooker" along with some made up shit? tee hee. If you look at the link it's the same one that he linked to when he started the thread. Like I've been saying, dumbest motherfucker on the planet.

Just like his first board, which I also got shut down lo those many years ago :bigass:

I know if I really had a board to run, I'd be 24/7 here with all three of my accounts doing the exact same thing I've been doing for the last 15 years hahahahahaha

The Question

Eternal
Adventures in SSD installation:

Tried to disassemble as little of the computer as possible to get the SSD in. Almost had it. Had the SSD lined up with the M.2 pins, settled firmly in place, all good, just fumbling with the screw to lock it down, and then I noticed...

something...

A little bit slick, a little bit sticky.

From inside the computer. And I'm like, "...the fuck?!"

Take my hand out of there to see if it's grease -- why would there be grease inside a desktop computer?!

Nope. It's blood. Cut my fingertip all to shit on something in there. Wild. Oh, well.

Was feeling pretty dicey that the computer would even start up again. Removed the empty cage-type thing that had been obstructing my hands, which meant removing the optical drive (which I never use optical drives, so just didn't put that back, lol)

Anyway, it started up (obviously, 'cause here I am typing this) and the SSD was found by the system. About to use WD cloning software to migrate the contents of the HDD to the SSD, which will probably take approximately eternity.

jack

Wow, all I had to do with my SSD from my old computer was plug it in to the loose plug for that purpose. Just sits there on the floor of the box. A completely separate drive from the SSD that came installed in the unit (1 tb)

Your finger OK?

Last edited:

The Question

Eternal
Yeah, I’m fine. I’ve taken so many dents, scuffs, scrapes, and ripped flesh at this point that anything less than a fracture is just an annoyance.

Anyway, the drive in question is an M.2 nVME drive, so it was a matter of plugging the drive into the motherboard, rather than plugging a cable into the drive.

jack

This alienware rig does the same. Your setup looks very nice.

The Question

Eternal
Minor hiccup: Got the nVME SSD installed yesterday. Everything was tooling along okay-ish. Then Windows decided it was time to restart for an update. Didn't tell it to do an update. Didn't tell it it was okay to restart. In typical Windows fashion, it just did WTF it felt like doing.

Except that, unbeknownst to me, Acronis True Image WD Edition (which I had used to clone the contents of the original HDD over to the SSD) didn't sort the UEFI properly.

So when Windows pulled its nonconsensual restart hijinks, the computer refused to reboot into Windows, or even recognize either SSD or HDD as a boot drive.

So today was spent reinstalling Windows. And... Everything Else.

First world problems, amirite?

On the plus side, the SSD has made it so that Windows now fucks up a lot more rapidly.