True Detective: Night Country

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Someone will watch it and post about it here.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It is known.

CaptainWacky

I wonder if that was the same polar bear from LOST!?

Why did Jodie Foster have to sneak to get the files back from that cop, if she's the Chief surely she could just go and get them.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Jodie Foster and the cop with the files have a strange relationship. I don't understand why he didn't want her to have the files. OH, I think he used to be the chief. Doesn't explain it, but maybe he's pissed he's not in charge anymore. I'm sure they will tell us eventually!

She's awake.

In season one the killer believed in the supernatural, and the writer (can't remember his name) was annoyed because he thought everyone thought the show had a supernatural element, but really everyone just wanted clues about what made the killer a killer. Was it the Yellow King or something like that? Anyway, doesn't matter. This show has jumped right in with the supernatural. I like the vibe of it so far, and the acting is good.

CaptainWacky

Yeah there was definitely nothing overtly supernatural in the first season (even though I remember getting into all the YELLOW KING conspiracy feelings) but this one would be very hard to explain without the supernatural. Like the ghost guy leading Fiona Shaw to the bodies, that can't have just been her being MAD.

CaptainWacky

Sometimes the show plays things so straight that it almost feels like a parody of these kinds of shows, like in all the flashback scenes.

It's funny that Jodie Foster is playing a MAN EATER.

The nice young cop is obviously going to die. Still don't get why his asshole dad is allowed to take things from work then it's STEALING to take them back?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I like the mysteriousness of it all, but Jodie Foster's character is annoying as fuck. I can't stand it when characters are unreasonably difficult to get along with all the time.

CaptainWacky

ALL great detectives MUST be assholes because of DETECTIVE LAW.

Mirah

I love you

Also, I used AI to help me create what this was going to be while I listened to the video

LUYjiOb.jpg

OowMpmz.jpg

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I guess AI wouldn't make them NAKED and in weird screaming positions.

CaptainWacky

Another reason why the machines will never win.

CaptainWacky

Why do they let that fucking dick Hank be a cop when he's so bad at it and a dick? Just fire him! Is he supposed to be scary.

It was pretty stupid how they needed a vete to tell them the scientists died of fear. No shit, look how scared they look!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I hope Hank gets eaten by that polar bear!

The show is dragging out the mysterious stuff without ever feeding us a few answers here and there. It's like AI wrote the script or SOMETHING.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

CaptainWacky

ORANGES
ONE-EYED POLAR BEAR
BLEEDING EARS

TOO MANY MYSTERIES

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, they need to get to SOMEWHERE. I actually really like the mystery, but they spend too much time showing us how much of a hard ass Jodie Foster is, and not enough time solving the mystery. I don't care about Doctor Who and his teeth!

CaptainWacky

They just ignored Navarro bleeding out her ear lol. AND STOP LOOKING AT GHOSTS ALL THE TIME.

At least Hank is DEAD the bastard.

Only one more episode, no way they finish every story properly.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They are stuffing all the good stuff in the last two episodes. This show had potential but they wasted so much time making Jodie Foster an unreasonable asshole. Navarro should have been the star. IMO

I am glad Hank is dead. I hope they find the cave and all the evidence.

CaptainWacky

Why did Peter (why do they call him "Prior"?, even his wife?) shoot him in the head and not just the dick or something.