True Detective: Night Country

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Instead of telling us, they decided to show us Doctor Who's butt cheeks.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Pretty dull finale. Nothing much happened for the first hour except slowly finding out what happened to Annie. A bunch of shit with ghosts. The guy literally said "TIME IS A FLAT CIRCLE LOL" and I was like "fuck off." The vet said the scientists died of fear but it turns out they did just die from snow so what was the point of that? AND THE FUCKING ORANGES?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

I thought it wasn't too bad. They wasted so much time on Liz being a jerk, when they could have explained her assholishness a long time ago. Like, I never realized she had a son who died. I thought maybe she had a husband who died. Leah is her stepdaughter, did Liz's husband and son die? That would've been way more interesting than Liz making the sex with Doctor Who. IMO!

I liked that the women banded together and killed the Tsalal scientists. Well, maybe Annie killed them out on the ice. This was a ghost story.

They call Peter "Prior" because that is his last name. lol HANK IS UNDER THE ICE. I wonder how many people the badass old lady has put in the ice.

I guess Liz and Navarro are hanging out at the lake together at the end? Or was that Navarro's ghost? I DON'T KNOW.

CaptainWacky

Yeah but even his wife had him in her phone as "Prior" but that would be her name too if she's married to him. IT WOULD CONFUSE ME.

It was funny when all the women kept pouring into that house trying to look threatening. Were they all just standing outside waiting for this DAY?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They KNEW it was coming because they are magic.

CaptainWacky

At least you like Billie Eilish now.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I didn't even know it was her until I looked up the theme song for the finale post!

CaptainWacky

They renewed it for another season with the same showrunner (I assume it'll be new characters again.) I hope the writing is BETTER.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
They should just let the writer write a ghost story instead of a detective story. It was like two different shows smashed together, and I think they would have both been really good shows SEPARATELY.