Unfunny people who make a living trying to be funny.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Sarah Millican winds me up so much. Her punchline to every joke is "because men are shit".

And Miranda Hart isn't funny. But I feel like she's one of those people who was quite happy doing what they were doing, being mediocre, but comfortable about, and then, through no fault of their own, suddenly became really popular and had loads of attention (and inexplicable comedy awards) thrust upon them.

Actually, I'll tell you who's a funny female British comedian. Shappi Khorsandi. I can't think of any others though.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
What hate? I've never liked Big Nose.

Well, to be fair his perpetually horny cuckold husband routine was a lot funnier when he actually was a faithful husband, but when he got single it took on a decidedly creepy vibe.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Both funny. Gervais can be unfunny sometimes but when he's on he's fucking hilarious. Russel is a legend, don't step.

I think I saw him in Arthur before I knew who he was, and that movie wasn't all that good, but I've seen some of his comedy since and it's a lot different. Jury's still out. I agree Gervais is hilarious though.

Not funny but making a damn good living: Adam Sandler.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Adam Sandler?

I still think he's funny but to be fair though his earlier stuff in the 80's and 90's was funnier than his stuff today.

(you guys took all the god/obvious ones)

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Sandler has made two good movies that come to mind. Happy Gilmore and Bulletproof. They are funny movies IMO. The rest of his stuff goes from terrible to okay. He's a popcorn guy who relies on cheap laugh's and the occasional out of the box surreal laughs that can be decent.

Problem with Sandler is that when he makes a bad movie it's not just bad. It's atrocious. You Don't Mess With The Zohan? REALLY?

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
And yeah, I love the Dudley Moore original of Arthur and didn't care at all for Brand's remake but he is a brilliant comic with incredible wit and ability and his stand-up stuff is great. He is a true original as well which is a rarity these days.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I'd go so far as to say only Happy Gilmore is funny, and sorta Waterboy if you drink before watching it or hit the chronic. But he's basically been trading on one character for a couple decades and it's getting painful.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest I haven't seen Bulletproof for 10 years and I was almost certainly baked out of my mind when I saw it. I do have fond memories of it though but it's likely it wouldn't stand up that well if I saw it again.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Gervais is only funny with Karl Pilkington standing directly in front of him.

I can't believe Hellen Mirren agreed to be in a movie with RB.

Couldn't hack it here is the problem. Lost the crowd. Lost the girl. Blew the remake. Spanked off back across the pond where he evidently belongs.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Judy Tenuta

Paula Poundstone

Roseanne Barr

Jerry Seinfeld

that asshole with the fritz pompadour in seinfeld, something Richards

Cake's lead singer

that weird redneck comic who's blond and drinks whiskey and smokes cigars on stage. He should be killed.

Michael Moore

The 21 arabs with box cutters

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Chevy Chase has never been funny.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Speaking of never been, you say Howard Stern 15 yrs back. I say never.

Martin Short - That dance thing he does with his knees together and his chest caved in must end. Steve Martin too. It's been a good long while for him.

Benny Hill. Excruciating.

/ducks

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Benny Hill's popularity (or whatever it is. An ironic thing?) in America really makes me cringe. I know you guys are aware that Britain has produced better comedy than that, but it still really bugs me that something incredibly lame from the '70s is being associated with us.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I loved Benny Hill when I was a kid, SRSLY. I have no idea if I'd still find him funny. IN FACT, the Benny Hill theme song plays in my head quite often.