Wacky Reviews: Things He's Watched On Netflix

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Okay, now I am watching something else. Can you guess it based upon this:

There is so much dick, and I can't have it.
I have Netflix but I can't see the picture or whatever it is in that post so I can't tell.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I am finally watching (and addicted to) Great British Bake-Off/Baking Show.

I'm savoring each episode so they don't run out too quickly before I have to start watching the new ones without Mary or the funny hosts.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Why did they change the name? Is "Bake Off" really that confusing?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Pillsbury (the massive baking/baked goods company) has their annual Pillsbury Bake-Off, and I think they trademarked the term Bake-Off. Hence the name change in America.

CaptainWacky

I finished Disenchantment (the story arc got better in the last couple of episodes) and am watching the new season of Archer because that's there and I must watch everything.

If anyone watches 'The Innocents' let me know if it's worth watching (I saw the auto-playing trailer and it looked interesting.)

Love Child

One Love
Wait, have I been here before? I have deja vu all of the sudden.

The Good Place is on! The Good Place is on! I am finally watching season 2!

CaptainWacky

Season 3 starts at the end of this month (on Netfix in the UK but on tv for you.)

CaptainWacky

Bojack season 5 comes out the same day as American Vandal season 2? WHAT WILL I DO? (Watch Bojack first, probably.)

CaptainWacky

Not sure where to post this since there isn't a Good Place thread here, but the 'Trolley Problem' episode won the Best Dramatic Presentation Short Form Hugo award, beating Black Mirror's USS Callister, Doctor Who's Christmas episode (surely there were better DW episodes to nominate? Or maybe they were out of the voting period) and the Harry Mudd timeloop episode of Discovery. So well done and watch The Good Place!

https://www.tor.com/2018/08/20/announcing-the-2018-hugo-award-winners/

Love Child

One Love
I watched all of season 2 now. Sad, I want more! The burrito episode was my favorite. OH OH OH! I just realized I think I feel asleep while watching the Trolley episode. I just went back to it to see what it was and realized I hadn't seen it yet! Yay! But I still bet the Burito will be my favorite. (Shoot, now I am only 10 minutes in and realize I have seen this episode. Maybe it is the last one I fell asleep through. I DON"T KNOW!

I finished Ozark also and now I am watching Nikita.

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

Bojack Horseman season 5 is really good (not a surprise.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I should try to catch up on that someday.

CaptainWacky

It's hard to tell if Maniac is good or not based on the first two episodes. Like all Netflix shows now it's designed to be binge watched, you're supposed to watch all ten then judge it as a whole rather than episode by episode. I liked episode two more than episode one because I found Emma Stone's character a lot more interesting. It's a good looking show with cool things throughout (Justin Theroux being weird! Poop cleaning robots!) so I'll watch it all (you pretty much have to once you start.)

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

It's hard to tell if Maniac is good or not based on the first two episodes. Like all Netflix shows now it's designed to be binge watched, you're supposed to watch all ten then judge it as a whole rather than episode by episode. I liked episode two more than episode one because I found Emma Stone's character a lot more interesting. It's a good looking show with cool things throughout (Justin Theroux being weird! Poop cleaning robots!) so I'll watch it all (you pretty much have to once you start.)

It's a good show. I wouldn't say it was great or recommend it to people who just want a good story and don't care about things like cinematogrophy and mood and acting. There's some episodes they could have cut the runtime of and it wouldn't have made much of a difference, and a couple of the episodes after the trial began tried my patience a bit (the one with the dance.) But it's a dark comedy not some weird mystery drama like it kind of looks like it's going to be, and that's good because it doesn't do the whole "but what if the dream reality is real and reality is the dream!?" thing. The narrative is actually more straightforward than something like Legion, but there are scenes where I wondered "what was the point of that?" while watching it. But yeah it's really good looking and well directed and the acting is very strong, especially from Emma Stone. Jonah Hill's character was a bit dull at first but he got better when he was in the dream dimensions. Justin Theroux and Sally Field were pretty hilarious. I liked it, basically, but not everyone will.

CaptainWacky

@Fuddlemiff have you watched/will you watch/are you watching American Vandal season 2?

CaptainWacky

Riverdale has gotten good again!