"You gonna get another job?"...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Just a boring Facebook boycott update: Sunny and in the 70s today. So The Plan was, after all the other daily chores were done, instead of finishing up weekend chores I would detail the Awesome Van interior and, if there was time, also the Mustang. But it's supposed to rain tomorrow and I identified a spot on the tin shed roof that was leaking badly so I decided I'd slap a patch on that first. (The van is in the tin shed so I'd have to open it up anyway.) Then I realized I need to cut some of the logs in the brush pile and the chainsaw battery is charged up so I decided to do that as well. I got an electric chainsaw because I needed a chainsaw and I'd never used one before. It seemed simpler and safer for the novice. It probably is. But it is also good for about 2 cuts on an 8' diameter log before the battery is shot and needs to be recharged for 2 hours, so it's not good for big projects. Since the brush pile isn't going anywhere, I might as well cut as many of the logs that I'll be cutting as I can every time the battery is charged.

Then there's the gravel driveway. When I got the place I didn't even know there was any gravel because it was totally overgrown with grass. I've made good progress on it, but it still grows over in spots and needs to be weeded periodically and I'd started on that earlier, so I decided to work on that a bit. In the end I wound up spending a half hour longer than I'd planned and not even starting on vehicle detailing. Oh well, everything else was on the list, so I can't complain.

Oh, the ringing ear seems to have gone away. Reasons for it can be 'rona related, age related, or--interestingly enough--from not getting good sleep. I mention this because most nights The Dog gets at least half the bed and around 3am The Cat comes and lays on my feet. This probably doesn't contribute to quality sleep. :/

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
This may ramble.

Having a groundhog obsessed dog with a younger relative age than me is killing me. Over 14,300 steps today. About 6.5 miles. Over broken, muddy terrain, going up and down hills as fast as I can walk for an hour at a time. I'll be sad when she dies, but part of me looks forward to when she wants to walk slowly and rest often and smell things. I've been meaning to teach her to swim, but maybe I should count my blessings. Still, the lab in her is starting to come out. She wouldn't even step in a puddle when I got her. Today she again forded a fast moving creek after heavy rains that was too deep for me to cross without getting soaked above the ankles. So I had to hurry to find a ford I could manage. And of course just as I did I saw her cross back to the side I'd been on. Ah well, at least she tries to stay close to me instead of just going off the reservation.

Human innovation is amazing. Years ago I read "The History of the Peloponnesian War." The introduction explains that Athens came to power because no one built anything nice because the barbarians would just come and wreck it. But Athens was in such a shitty place that the barbarians left it alone. Venice is the same. As Rome fell, the barbarians came. And people would hide out in this swamp until they left. But the raids kept getting worse and eventually they decided to live there, the problem of course being that it was a swamp. So they hit on the idea to cut down trees and pound them into the swamp to use as foundations. If you've ever owned a home this seems counterintuitive, because wood rots when exposed to water. But that isn't true. Wood rots when exposed to water and AIR. Submerged wood is preserved and even kind of petrifies. So the city of Venice was built on millions of wood pilings.

Unfortunately my tin shed is in the air most of the time. So the wood that gets wet rots. And stopping leaks on tin sheds--especially ones that have been around a lot longer than you've had them--is a neverending battle. Temperature changes cause expansion and contraction and compromise seals. And once water finds its way in, rot starts and things get worse. Add in trees falling on it. A corner of the shed roof is badly bashed up, which confuses me because there isn't a tree there to drop a branch big enough to damage the roof. But then I realize there USED to be a big ass tree there and the reason it isn't there anymore is likely because it fell on said corner of the shed, causing the damage and leaks.

Which brings me to my final point (apart from HOLY FUCK my ankle is sore from traipsing all over after this fucking dog): I again failed at my planned "to do" list, but probably had a productive day anyway. It's been raining off and on for days now. So I've used this opportunity to try to patch leaks in the tin shed roof. And I always wind up having lunch late and blowing off the things I'd planned to do because after the morning walk I'll go "well I guess I should see if my repairs from yesterday worked" and they haven't, so I need to get out the ladders and the patching materials and see if I can figure out how to make the leaks stop. And by the time I'm done it is almost 4pm and I have't had lunch yet.

failing at the "to do" list

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
In no particular order, apparently Facebook has decided to go Full Retard. 1 in 3 posts in my feed is an ad. They've fixed it so I can no longer permanently block ads. They've fixed it so I can no longer block ads for 30 days. Every time they shit up my feed I delete more content. I've pared my friends list down to 66, I have no photos or personal information (beyond my name and date of birth) and I've deleted posts back to December 2022. I've started deleting out "likes" and comments. It is such a steaming pile of garbage and I hate that it is still the least shitty option for keeping up with friends and relatives.

Other day the local news had one of those stupid "watching your wallet" feature bits about how there's more to retiring than just having enough money. And they've got some wonk expert talking head on right off the bat to say "You've been punching a clock 5 days a week for 40-50 years, you're probably going to feel incomplete that first Monday you don't have to come into work." ARE YOU HIGH?! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK!? Are the majority of Americans such stupid, confused sheep that their life is incomplete without a corporate overlord telling them what to do?! Fuck, I hate every job. On the rare occasion I don't hate a job, people come along and ruin it for me. I've got so many things I want to do that I don't have time for--even with my paltry part-time job. And even if I didn't, I'd much rather tramp around the brush, following my dog as she looks for groundhogs to murder. Peter in "Office Space" has it right. "I want to sit on my ass and do nothing." "Today I did nothing and it was everything I dreamed it could be."

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I totally agree. There's a secretary in my office that is retiring after being there for 40 years. But then she plans to come back after awhile and work there part time. When I retire, I'm going to just sit on my ass and read all the books, watch all the movies and TV shows I never have time to watch for at least the first six months of my retirement and then go out and do all the activities I don't have time for because of work. Definitely smoking more pot.

Oerdin

In no particular order, apparently Facebook has decided to go Full Retard. 1 in 3 posts in my feed is an ad. They've fixed it so I can no longer permanently block ads. They've fixed it so I can no longer block ads for 30 days. Every time they shit up my feed I delete more content. I've pared my friends list down to 66, I have no photos or personal information (beyond my name and date of birth) and I've deleted posts back to December 2022. I've started deleting out "likes" and comments. It is such a steaming pile of garbage and I hate that it is still the least shitty option for keeping up with friends and relatives.

Other day the local news had one of those stupid "watching your wallet" feature bits about how there's more to retiring than just having enough money. And they've got some wonk expert talking head on right off the bat to say "You've been punching a clock 5 days a week for 40-50 years, you're probably going to feel incomplete that first Monday you don't have to come into work." ARE YOU HIGH?! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK!? Are the majority of Americans such stupid, confused sheep that their life is incomplete without a corporate overlord telling them what to do?! Fuck, I hate every job. On the rare occasion I don't hate a job, people come along and ruin it for me. I've got so many things I want to do that I don't have time for--even with my paltry part-time job. And even if I didn't, I'd much rather tramp around the brush, following my dog as she looks for groundhogs to murder. Peter in "Office Space" has it right. "I want to sit on my ass and do nothing." "Today I did nothing and it was everything I dreamed it could be."
The ads are everywhere on Facebook plus they are busy "fortifying elections" again by censoring everything which isn't part of the holy left wing narrative.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
A quick post because I need to. I should not. I should be walking The Dog. And I shouldn't count my weasels before they've popped, but I may be ready to put a date on my retirement 2.0. And it is this month.

Did my weekly bookkeeping yesterday. Had $845 more than I realized. Last month's payment from the property manager got broken into 2 deposits and I'd missed one of them. All my rents have been paid for this month (they have an online dashboard I can check between statements) so I should be getting a check around the 20th that, combined with a $200 bonus from work on the 22nd, should get my cash reserve rebuilt. If I wanted to play it really safe, I could work another month to make my first big paydown on the HELOC loan. I guess we'll see how much I hate working and like free time--and if any unexpected curveballs get thrown in the upcoming weeks.

I guess if I put in my notice on the 22nd (assuming everything shakes out the way it looks like it should) that gives me 2 more weeks--and 1 more paycheck--so I split the difference. Fingers crossed that a plan comes together.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I really hate working. Even the hard working guy I respect ticked me off today. We ran out of pallets. Once a pallet of say, ceiling fans, fills up, you take it out to the ceiling fan aisle and start a new pallet. I used up the last pallet and was still 1 short so I told him we needed more pallets. The pallets are out in the yard somewhere that I don't know. And you need a forklift to get them and I don't know how to drive the forklift. He never got more pallets. So then we filled up more pallets. By the time the truck was unloaded the lawn and garden pallet was about 7' high and dangerously tippy--with enough stuff still on the rollers to make a pretty big dent in filling up another pallet.

I work when I'm there. Because that's what they pay me to do. If there's work, I do it. If there isn't any work, then I'll take a break. There's usually work. I'm apparently the only person with that ethic. Everyone else is like "Fuck it, I feel like fucking off on my phone." The belt is literally piling up with product that needs to be unloaded and staged and they're on their phone.

On an unrelated note, I seem to have a zit on the edge of my eyelid. I think that is, like the 7th circle of Hell.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Fuck, today was tiring. Not homeless in North Dakota in February tiring. Or living in a village in Africa tiring, but tiring nonetheless.

Had someone come to look at renting one of my storage spaces. Maybe it's because I live in the blue collar part of town, but it's never "I need a place to store my motorcycle for the winter" or their '69 Corvette. It's always Cletus with his '88 Chevy pickup with a blown engine and transmission and a flat tire and a bed literally full of literal garbage. Or Jethro, who's going to buy some cars at the sheriff's auction and flip them but he needs a place to store them. So that was my 3 o'clock. Got in from the "morning" dog walk at 2:30. Since I had a couple chores to do, I washed dishes and stuff rather than risk getting lunch ready just in time for it to get cold. So of course instead I got a text at 3:10 that he was running late and it would be more like 4 or 5. Truth be told, I hope nothing comes of it, because it sounds at least as stupid as every other idea every other storage renter has had--and there have been some doozies.

So at this point I had "lunch" and he showed up just about when I'd have taken my afternoon nap (well, way later than I'd take it, but I take it after lunch). By the time I was done with him I probably should've went straight into the afternoon dog walk because I have to work tonight but fuck it, I needed a nap. It wasn't a very restful nap because The Dog was all wound up about a stranger being in her yard while she was locked in the house, but I laid on my back with my eyes closed for a half hour. Then we did our walk and I had just about enough time to nuke and scarf down a TV dinner before I had to leave for work.

Everyone drives stupid, so I'm fuming about people driving 28 in a 35 zone and being confused by what a green light means when the phone starts ringing. The tiny phone. In my pocket. Under the seatbelt. While I'm driving. That is only ever called by spambots and my friend who just wants background noise while he's driving somewhere or making lunch or something. So I let it ring. Then I missed the light to turn into work. It's a long light, so I fished out my phone. It was the boss. Don't come into work. So when the light turned, I did a U-turn and had a green light at the next block to go home...except that nobody knows what to do when a light turns green so it turned red before the car in front of me ran it. Then on the way home, the goddamn phone starts ringing *again*. I realize it's in my breast pocket so I try to fish it out but apparently I hit the button that kicks it to voicemail. Next I got 2 cars back from someone else who figured 28 was a good speed to drive in a 35 zone, dropped the keys at the gate and was generally as angry as a toddler that hasn't had their nap.

I really hate when they schedule me for Sundays and then cancel. I mean, I hate being scheduled for Sundays because then I can't take The Dog to the downtown dog park, which I actually enjoy, but I hate it even more when I'm scheduled and then there's no work. And I hate it most when they call me to tell me there's no work when I'm turning into work.

So now a nap and then I'm going to try to not have too many cocktails because I think I'm starting to get a kind of rosacea thing from drinking.

Oh, and I had to fight with the storage booking company website because I have 2 spaces that are the same size and 1 is currently booked (to someone who stopped paying and will likely get their vehicle towed in another month or so) and now there's a bug on the site where it seems to think both spaces are the same space. I wound up having to change the dimensions on 1 of the spaces so I could send a link to the guy who is looking to store auction cars.

[EDIT: Oh, when he said he was looking for a place to store auction cars, I foolishly thought he had nice cars that he was bringing to an auction to sell, not buying impounded cars to try to find retail buyers for. And the storage website also has a Top Host program. One of the metrics is that you reply to messages in under an hour. Most people message you at 3am on Friday night and ask if they can work on their car in the space (they can't and it says it right in the application in bold type). Meanwhile, if you message the company for support you get an automated reply that they're short staffed and someone will get back to you in 3-4 business days. ]

Last edited:

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
How I fail to get to bed at a reasonable hour: A case study.

So I'm unwinding and killing enough time that I'm ready to go to bed and it is, in fact, a reasonable time to go to bed. OK. Bed. Looks at cell phone, sitting unplugged next to the charging station. 59%. Fuck. So I've either got to plug it in and stay awake long enough for it to get to 80% or shut it off for the night. Oh well, get it charging and see how long it takes to shut off lights. As I'm shutting off lights, The Dog wants to go Out. Oh well, maybe this will mean she won't want to go Out at 4:30am. Continue shutting off lights. Check on phone. 65%. Check on dog. She is not only not waiting to come In, she runs off into the night when I open the door to check on her. Meanwhile The Cat has decided he would also like to go Out. Luckily this was after I'd closed the door, but I now type this 10 minutes after I planned to be in bed and I've still got to get The Dog In, keep The Cat from getting Out, and get another...11% of charge on the phone. By the time I'm done with all this I'll likely be stressed and pissed enough that I'll want another cocktail and more time fucking off online to wind down. And apparently I should only have 1 cocktail a night if I don't want red blotches on my face and I've already had 2.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Nice day. Supposed to rain tomorrow. So I should get out and mow the lawn. But I haven't cleaned the bathroom yet and that's all that remains of weekly housecleaning, so it bothers my OCD brain. But first I'll screw off on the computer just a bit because I just got done walking my dog and that is a lot more tiring than it should be.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Mow the lawn? Wife and I did all the chores in under an hour today. We have a new deal working together and it's pretty seamless and cool.

More like shovel the driveway around these parts.

You have grass growing?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
How I fail to get to bed at a reasonable hour: A case study.

So I'm unwinding and killing enough time that I'm ready to go to bed and it is, in fact, a reasonable time to go to bed. OK. Bed. Looks at cell phone, sitting unplugged next to the charging station. 59%. Fuck. So I've either got to plug it in and stay awake long enough for it to get to 80% or shut it off for the night. Oh well, get it charging and see how long it takes to shut off lights. As I'm shutting off lights, The Dog wants to go Out. Oh well, maybe this will mean she won't want to go Out at 4:30am. Continue shutting off lights. Check on phone. 65%. Check on dog. She is not only not waiting to come In, she runs off into the night when I open the door to check on her. Meanwhile The Cat has decided he would also like to go Out. Luckily this was after I'd closed the door, but I now type this 10 minutes after I planned to be in bed and I've still got to get The Dog In, keep The Cat from getting Out, and get another...11% of charge on the phone. By the time I'm done with all this I'll likely be stressed and pissed enough that I'll want another cocktail and more time fucking off online to wind down. And apparently I should only have 1 cocktail a night if I don't want red blotches on my face and I've already had 2.
What kind of cocktails do you like?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Rain held off. Finished the lawn and tackled the remaining leaks on the tin shed. Guardedly optimistic. I'm of the opinion that it is impossible to stop a tin shed roof from leaking and any attempts to stop leaks will just create new leaks. Anyway, temperature changes over the course of the year and entropy will create new leaks regardless. That said, the last time it rained, I went inside and marked leak locations. And tonight I found a hole or a loose sheet metal screw everywhere there was a leak. So fingers crossed. The thing I'm least sure of is the trailing edge. It is a "lean-to" structure where it is high in the front and low in the back and the rain is supposed to run off the back. But, while there is an overhang from the back wall, it isn't enough in a few spots and the water clings to the bottom of the roof long enough to get inside and run down the back wall. A "drip edge" is a possibility for remedying this, but because the roof is corrugated, I'm not sure how the high spots will work with that. Besides, that's installing new material. So for now I tried just bending the end of the overhang down to help make it drip. This is a little tricky again because of the corrugated bits, but fingers crossed. At any rate, I suspect I'm making progress. Of course all bets are off if the wind blows from the south strong enough to force water up and under the overlaps. I really like having time to work on projects on my to-do list. It is very rewarding.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Yeah, no. It leaked all over. But mostly in new places. So one wonders if those leaks were opened by the efforts to patch the previously identified leaks or were just due to the wind and rain coming from a slightly different angle. Probably a little of both.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Fuck. So fucking tired. March continues to be the month that kicks me in the penis. Simplest plans go awry. Not Donner Party terrible, just grind you down with mundane stupidity terrible.

Today starts last night. Wrap everything up, get to bed on the early side of a reasonable hour, very tired, and plan to get a relatively early start on today. Lay there in the dark with my eyes closed for hours, utterly failing to get asleep. And not even wake up after 4 hours and not be able to get back to sleep, just not be able to get to sleep. No stimulants that I'm aware of. Nothing on my mind to worry about. Just can't fall asleep. That's why I checked the shed. I was like "fuck it, since it's raining and I can't sleep, I might as well go see how the roof is doing."

So I ultimately woke up well after 10am. Plan fucked from Step 1. Eventually go for The Dog's "morning" walk (fairly well into the afternoon). Check the mailbox on the way out, yay, I've got mail. Hopefully the anesthesiologist has finally sent me my next statement, since they've been nagging me with e-mails for weeks now. Get back from the walk. Nope. Apparently they must only send me a statement AFTER I pay them. So I guess I'll have to go log onto their site and make a credit card payment. Then they'll mail me a bill and I'll just have to hold onto that for a month and maybe figure out how to get their billing to work right.

Anyway, what I'd glimpsed on the way to my walk was actually from my insurance broker. "Oh, this should be interesting," I thought, "maybe something has been updated; maybe they're thanking me for having been a member for almost a year now." No, it is notification that my provider is dropping coverage on one of my rental properties because of "...the unfavorable condition of the property...the roof is worn...and trees are touching/overhanging as well..."

So yeah, I'm over an hour late for lunch but I guess instead I'll be driving over to my property to have a look--after first getting in touch with my broker. I should mention that, when I first got coverage from this company, they tried to tell me my house was built out of cement block and did not have any outbuildings--which would be a bit of an eye-opener to anyone who plugged the address into Google Street View. Got ahold of my broker then and she told me not to worry about it, she'd already taken care of it, so I was wondering if they'd somehow fucked up the address again. I e-mailed my broker because I'd had someone look at the roof in July and they'd told me it was in good shape and was good for another 5-7 years (I forwarded this conversation to her) and then called to coordinate, before running over to have a look/take pictures.

There was nothing noticeably wrong with the roof. It's an older roof, but still within its service life and, in fact, in good repair. Took some pictures and headed back home to e-mail them to my broker. She said she'd ask to see their inspection report so she could see what they were referencing. Had a very late lunch and took a nap. By the time I got up for the late afternoon dog walk, I had an e-mail from her "Yeah, they're not budging, they're cancelling your policy. They didn't care about the e-mail or the pictures."

This is all patently absurd. Because it isn't like you could replace a roof. Or cut tree branches--even if this was an issue. The policy MUST be cancelled. So today was wasted, courtesy of insomnia and a manufactured crisis out of left field. And next week I guess I get to explore other insurance options. Because I'm not leaving the rest of my business with them--even if I can get coverage for the other house somewhere else. Fuck, I hope I don't wind up with USAA. I was just thinking how happy I was to be rid of them as I slogged through the spam they fill my e-mailbox with every day. But I haven't burned my bridges, so I guess that's the fall-back plan.

Oh, and 2 paragraphs into this screed I had to stop for 2 minutes to PET THE FUCKING DOG, because I NEVER do anything with her. I mean, apart from JUST coming back from an hour long walk where I let her smell things and picked fried chicken off bones that horrible people threw out the windows of their cars, that speed by right next to me the whole time--except when I'm actually crossing a busy street and trying to keep The Dog from stepping in front of speeding cars. Because dogs will do that. They can fucking hear the mailman 3 blocks away while asleep on the bed, but they will step right in front of a car that is 20 feet away and going 45mph if you let them.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Today is the 3rd anniversary of my dog's death. It may be the first time I don't post her picture on Facebook. I was going to, but then I went there and remembered how much I fucking hate Facebook these days. Also the first time I'm not overcome by grief and sadness (yet). I suppose I could work myself up to it pretty easily, but I don't really have any want or need to. If it happens on its own, so be it, but I'm not going to intentionally go there. She was a good dog and she had a good life. I might have been able to get her another year or so if I'd done a couple things differently, but maybe not. No point in worrying about it. She had a full life and died loved.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
If I put some effort into this, it could probably be a fairly coherent post, but I'm just going to throw everything at the wall as it occurs to me.

I used to dress nice at least a couple times a week, but I eventually gave up on that and generally dress like a bum these days. Muddy boots, dirty jeans, and a worn out Army field jacket, with a beat up tweed cap on top of everything. But this is because I'm usually doing something that would ruin nice clothes. So my nice clothes hang out in the hall closet. I also used to do cosplay and would pretty often wear a Dr. Who-inspired outfit. It wasn't any particular Doctor, just the sort of thing he'd wear--checked trousers, a dark blue waistcoat (vest), a geometric pattern blue shirt, a tie, and a long black coat with a striped scarf. I got the shirt shortly after I got my Master's degree out in Oregon, when I was going to get a good job in marketing, buy a house, and live the American Dream. Only there were no jobs in Oregon and the place was eventually fucked so at some point I left and the shirt went from being my office casual shirt to my Time Lord shirt.

Well this week I'm waiting for my monthly property management statement and payment. All my menial chores are done, so today I decided to rock Full Time Lord for the morning dog walk.

I should mention, for various reasons I'd dug the boots out to wear a few days ago, even though they are starting to fall apart, but a fresh shine on them made them look presentable. So I rummaged back in the closet and found the outfit. And realized it had mold spots on it so I had to go hose it down with Lysol. The shirt is faded and stained and frayed and as I put it on, I realized both sleeves had fairly large rips in them and remembered I'd basically retired it but hadn't wanted to throw it out because I'd never been able to find a nice replacement. As a sidebar, I should mention a pet theory that The Doctor would tend to have worn and battered clothes because he'd find something he liked, wear it (and his lifespan is so much longer than ours) until it was falling apart, but not be able to replace it so he'd just keep wearing it.

Another sidebar is, as an American of my age, I grew up on Tom Baker as the 4th Doctor on PBS. At first, apart from the hat and scarf, he had the look of perhaps an eccentric Humanities professor, but his iconic look was a frock coat with a plaid waistcoat, a stand-up old fashioned collar, and a tie (at first a kind of Victorian bow, like you'd see on 1980s women's suits, later going to a cravat/ascot and even a conventional long tie). As the series progressed and Baker could get away with more liberties, he stopped wearing a tie, stopped buttoning the vest, and switched to a modern style shirt. Later, he added sort of buccaneer/pirate boots. Well, as I suited up, I understood his reasons. Vests look sharp but they aren't particularly comfortable--especially when sitting. And as the years pass they get tighter and tighter. And I've gotta say, my waist isn't significantly larger than it was 7-8 years ago, but my chest has apparently gotten larger. And the bow-tie I opted for looked sharp when tied up and straightened out, but was easy to get out of position and look silly. Instead of the black raincoat, I went with a sharp looking black "car coat" I'd gotten a few years ago and we were off for our walk.

Stepping out the back door, I was greeted by the corpse of the groundhog The Dog had murdered and carried home on last afternoon's walk. Then we headed off on a course of her choosing and, within 10 minutes, she jumped another groundhog, quickly dispatched it and proceeded to carry it home. So the hour walk consisted of about 20 minutes of actual walking and 40 minutes of sitting on the porch swing out in the yard while she laid next to her trophy. I considered pulling weeds in the driveway but I was wearing ostensibly nice clothes (I mean, apart from the shirt being stained and faded and torn). I considered unbuttoning the miserable vest but I kept remembering how sloppy that looked with Tom Baker, so I sat there, uncomfortably, trying to read my mail as the wind whipped around.

When my hour was up, I headed in and decided to try to find a more comfortable but still fancy outfit to wear. Turns out the other vest I have for my 1st Doctor cosplay is even tighter than the blue vest, so I sat hear in an unbuttoned vest, eating my lunch and resigning myself to changing into jeans and a ratty shirt for the rest of the day. Just as well. I've got weeds to pull and car interiors to vacuum and leaky roofs to patch. Although first I need to call up an insurance agent and figure out a game plan since my provider of...9 months or so, decided they're dropping coverage on one of my rental properties.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. The money hit for the month. It was what I'd hoped it would be. I suspect I'll pull the trigger and try retiring again.

The Plan for the afternoon was to finally clean the interior of the car and/or the van, but The Dog cut her afternoon patrol short (and I forgot that I was going to take her downtown like I usually do Sundays but I've been working Sundays), so she could lay next to her latest trophy. So instead I did some weeding in the gravel driveway.

She got him open so I had to stop a couple times to pull out guts. (If she eats the stomach and/or intestines, she pukes.) By the time I was done, she'd eaten the bottom--both hind legs and the pelvis. Before going in for the night she inspected yesterday's kill but either it's lost appeal or she was full because she didn't try to get it open.

I thought I had something else to say, but I guess not. The Cat is Out right now. I hate Facebook so much. And I want to have another cocktail but shouldn't, so I think I'll fill my glass with water and enjoy the cocktail aftertaste to the agua.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Oh, and I feel like 30 days is about the right length for Lent. This year I decided to give up buying meat for Lent (fish is OK). So I could finish up the ham in the fridge but then no more. I'm so fucking sick of tuna and fish at this point. And there's still fucking 11 days left. I think I'm-a have prime rib for Easter.