2024 NFL DRAFT

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Trade offers for Bears' No. 1 NFL draft pick, Justin Fields​

For a second year in a row, the Chicago bears hold the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft. It sets up one of the biggest decisions leaguewide this offseason: Should Chicago trade the pick and stick with quarterback Justin Fields, or trade Fields and draft USC's Caleb Williams (or another top QB prospect) to take over under center? It's a tough call, especially considering what Chicago could land in a deal. Last spring, the Bears ultimately dealt the top selection to the Carolina Panthers, acquiring a plethora of draft picks and a true No. 1 receiver in DJ Moore. One of those picks was the Panthers' 2024 first-rounder, which ended up becoming this year's first overall selection after Carolina's 2-15 season.

The top selection has been dealt 13 times since 1967, and at least five teams currently slotted in the top half of Round 1 need a new signal-caller. Will a team fall in love with Williams, North Carolina's Drake Maye or LSU's Jayden Daniels and offer Chicago a package too good to turn down? Or will it be Fields on the move as an upside play, while the Bears change course on offense? With the help of people in the NFL, draft analyst Field Yates came up with three hypothetical offers for the top pick and three hypothetical offers for Fields.

Click Here For Full Story

Justin Fields wants to stay with Bears, but 'it's a business'​

Quarterback Justin Fields said his decision to unfollow the Ckicago Bears on Instagram is nothing more than him needing a break from social media this offseason. Appearing on the "St. Brown Brothers" podcast, Fields cleared the air about not following the Bears and the NFL's account after it was discovered Monday that the quarterback no longer followed his team on Instagram. "Why do people take social media so serious?" Fields said. "I still mess with the Bears, this and that. I'm just trying to take a little break. I unfollowed the Bears and the NFL. I'm not just trying to have football on my timeline.

The Bears own the No. 1 pick in April's draft and face a monumental decision at quarterback. Fields, 24, just completed his third season in Chicago and has been the subject of intense debate for months as to whether the Bears should stick with the quarterback and build around him or use the draft's top pick on a rookie quarterback, with USC's Williams, the consensus top prospect, at the center of the discussion. Bears general manager Ryan Poles has acknowledged that the franchise is considering all options at quarterback in 2024.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

QB Taulia Tagovailoa shifts to NFL draft with NCAA denial, sources say​

Former Maryland quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa's waiver for an additional year of eligibility has been denied, sources told ESPN. The waiver was denied despite coach Nick Saban and Alabama writing a strong plea of support to the NCAA. As a result, Tagovailoa, who had entered the transfer portal this month, instead will begin training for the NFL draft. Tagovailoa played five seasons, including his freshman year at Alabama in 2019. He went on to become the Big Ten's all-time passing leader in the subsequent four years at Maryland, throwing for 11,256 yards. The 2020 season doesn't count toward eligibility because of rules from the COVID-19 pandemic, which would have left Tagovailoa with another year if he'd redshirted in 2019. Tagovailoa is projected as a Day 3 pick, and he had hoped another year could help him.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

2024 NFL offseason: News, updates from coaches, GMs at combine​

A little more than two weeks after the Kansas City Chiefs won their second straight Super Bowl title, the NFL is moving quickly to the offseason It's combine week, as coaches, scouts and front office executives have descended upon Indianapolis to get a closer look at prospects in the 2024 draft. They're also finishing up their plans ahead of NFL free agency, which begins in iess than two weeks. Teams can start negotiating with free agents on March 11, and they can officially sign players on March 13. Coaches and general managers spoke to reporters at the combine Tuesday, and press conferences will extend into tomorrow. More updates will continue on Wednesday morning.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
2024 nfl draft combine preview: top prospects, predictions
Top 2924 NFL draft prospects will begin Thursday in Indianapolis, so we're setting up everything you need to know and what the next few days could mean for April's draft. We will see some of the class's best players do various drills and on-field testing, meet with teams for in-depth interviews and get pre-draft measurements until the combine ends Sunday.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
gm: commanders haven't decided yet wether to pick qb at no. 2
Howell started 17 games for Washington this season, throwing 21 touchdowns and 21 interceptions as the Commanders finished 4-13. Howell threw for 3,946 yards -- 12th most in the NFL. The Commanders drafted him in the fifth round two years ago, but since then, Washington has changed its ownership, coaching staff and general manager. Howell was sacked an NFL-high 65 times with 40 occurring in the first seven games.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Caleb Williams not thinking beyond No. 1 pick in NFL draft​

The possibility of not being drafted No. 1 in April is not a scenario USC quarterback Caleb Williams has given much thought to. Speaking Friday at the NFL combine, Williams was asked whether he would feel disappointed if he didn't hear his name called by the Chicago Bears at the top of the draft order.

"It's not a thought in my mind," Williams said. "I don't think that I'm not going to be No. 1. I think I put in all the hard work, all of the time, effort, energy into being that. I don't think of a Plan B. That's kind of how I do things in my life. I don't think of a Plan B, stay on Plan A and then when things don't work out, find a way to make Plan A work."

The Bears own the No. 1 pick in the draft and met with Williams on Wednesday evening in Indianapolis. The quarterback said the limited time he had with the Chicago brass wasn't enough for him to know the team's plan for developing him but offered that he was not intimidated by the thought of being drafted by an organization that has struggled throughout its 103-year history to develop franchise quarterbacks. Williams will not do medical examinations with teams in Indianapolis and has opted out of several portions of the on-field workouts Saturday.

"I don't really go out and speak much. But this was important to me that I wanted to put something out before I came here -- especially with all the noise and things like that that have been brewing and things like that before I came here," he said. "And now since I've been here a bunch of stuff comes out. Just wanted to put something out so everyone knew exactly where it was coming from."

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Top CB prospect Nate Wiggins suffers hip injury at combine​

Clemson cornerback Nate Wiggens, one of the highest-rated defensive backs in this year's NFL draft, showed his elite speed but limped off the field inside Lucas Oil Stadium to abruptly end his workout at the scouting combine. Wiggins, the No. 16 player on Mel Kiper Jr.'s latest Big Board, ran a blistering unofficial time of 4.29 seconds in his lone attempt in the 40-yard dash -- the fastest among the first group of defensive backs to take the field Friday. Wiggins then limped toward the bench area, at times hopping to keep weight off his right leg, before being helped by a trainer. He told the NFL Network on Friday's broadcast that he suffered a hip flexor injury. Wiggins played 34 games during his career at Clemson, with 18 starts. He finished with three interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
2024 nfl mock draft: mel kipper's new round 1 for 32 picks
Who's ready for a new 2024 NFL mock draft? With combines workouts beginning Thursday -- the defensive linemen and linebackers will kick things off -- this is one of the most important weeks on the draft calendar. This is where coaches and front office executives can really get to know players. The interviews that happen behind the scenes are just as important as the on-field testing you'll see on TV.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
i

2024 nfl draft news
2024 nfl draft rounds

Top-5
No.1: Chicago
No.2: Washington
No.3: New England
No.4: Arizona
No.5: Los Angeles Chargers
2024 draft - best available

Top-5
No.1: WR Marvin Harrison, Ohio State
No.2: QB Caleb Williams, USC
No.3: QB Jayden Danirls, LSU
No.4: WR Malik Nabers, LSU
No.5: QB Drake Maye, North Caroilna

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

2024 nfl scouting combine
NFL Scouting Combine Live Drills begins Thursday, February 29th, with exclusive LIVE coverage on NFL Network starting at 3pm ET.

Thursday, February 29th, 3pm ET – Defensive Linemen, Linebackers
Friday, March 1st, 3pm ET – Defensive Backs, Tight Ends
Saturday, March 2nd, 1pm ET – Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers, Running Backs
Sunday, March 3rd, 1pm ET – Offensive Linemen

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

rb cody schradar injures hamsrtring in 40 yard dash
Schrader, who finished with 1,627 yards rushing this past season to go along with 14 touchdowns, suffered the injury in his second 40-yard dash attempt at Lucas Oil Stadium. He had done the vertical jump earlier in the day (33 inches), but did not do the broad jump.

where cardinals stand on marvin harrison jr. after combine
Harrison was one of at least five receivers the Cardinals interviewed and the team walked away impressed with him, a source told ESPN. Ossenfort believes the more information he can gather on a prospect, the better. Arizona coach Jonathan Gannon feels like the Cardinals have the necessary tools to evaluate Harrison even without a combine workout.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling

texas wr xavier worthy's 4.21 40 fastest ever at nfl combine
Worthy's time makes him the annual event's unquestioned speed king and was a tick of the stopwatch better than Washington wide receiver John Ross' 4.22 at the 2017 combine. Only the offensive linemen are left to run at this year's combine in Sunday's session.

Fastest combine 40s since 2003

Xavier WorthyWRTexas'244.21
John RossWRWash.'174.22
Kalon BarnesCBBaylor'224.23
Chris JohnsonRBECU'084.24

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. recently projected Worthy to the Kansas City Chiefs at No. 32 overall in his latest mock draft.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

NFL combine buzz: Latest intel on free agency, draft, trades​

Our national HFL reporters have spent the past week in Indianapolis at the annual NFL combine, talking to execs, coaches, agents, scouts, players and other team sources. The public's eyes might be on the top 2024 NFL draft prospects working out and running their 40-yard dashes, but behind the scenes, it's a great place to gather intelr about what all 32 teams are doing this offseason. The franchise tag deadline is on Tuesday, and free agency kicks off in a week. We'll see a handful of trades, a ton of signings and even a few extensions. And with so many people from around the NFL all in one place, the combine offers a chance to learn what might happen. Which stars are set for extensions, especially at receiver? Will Justin Fields soon be traded? And what's the early word on what teams might do at the draft? Here's everything we heard in Indy.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
2024 nfl draft rankings: field yates' top 50 prospect
One more piece of the 2024 NFL draft puzzle is behind us. We just watched top prospects at every position work out at the combine, which of course resulted in some shuffling in rankings. There's still opportunity for each player to continue shaping his draft stock before April's draft.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
sources: broncos to trade wr jerry jeudy to btowns for picks
Jeudy, who turns 25 next month, had 54 receptions for 758 yards and two touchdowns last season. Jeudy had his best season in 2022, setting career highs for touchdowns (six), catches (67) and yards (972).

The Browns will send Denver a 2024 fifth- and sixth-round pick to complete the trade, sources said. The trade cannot officially be completed until the new league year begins Wednesday.

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
Related Links
*NFL*
By:
images
blackfoot NAP - July 31, 2018

blackfoot NAP

King Of Bling
sources: patriots finalizing trade od qb mac jones to jaguars
The Patriots will receive a 2024 sixth-round pick as compensation, sources told Schefter. The trade cannot be processed until the new league year begins Wednesday and Jones passes a physical. Jones was 352-of-521 for 3,801 yards with 22 touchdowns and 13 interceptions as a rookie, but his production dipped over the next two seasons.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Source: Texans trading for Bengals RB Joe Mixon​

In a surprising turn of events, the Cincinnati Bengals are trading running back Joe Mixon to the Houston Texans instead of releasing the veteran back, a source told ESPN on Tuesday. Mixon was expected to be released after the Bengals reached a deal with free agent running back Zack Moss on Monday. However, the Texans traded an undisclosed pick to acquire Mixon, who had 1,034 rushing yards and nine touchdowns in 2023. Monday, the Texans lost their 2023 starting running back when Devin Singletary agreed to a three-year, $16.5 million deal with the New York Giants.

Mixon, a second-round draft pick out of Oklahoma in 2017, spent seven seasons with the Bengals, starting 88 of his 97 appearances and making one Pro Bowl (2021). He had four 1,000-yard rushing seasons and threw a touchdown pass in a Super Bowl LVI loss to the Los Angeles Rams. Mixon, 27, rushed for 6,412 yards during his Bengals career, averaging 4.1 yards per carry and scoring 49 touchdowns. He also caught 283 passes for 2,139 yards and 14 TDs. Mixon joins a Texans running back room with Dameron Pierce, who had a promising rookie year in 2022, rushing for 939 yards.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Jets trading for Ravens RT Morgan Moses, sources say​

Trying to create a better offensive line for quarterback Aaron Rodgers, the New York Jets will acquire right tackle Morgan Moses from the Baltimore Ravens, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday. The Jets are sending a fourth-round pick (No. 112 overall) and a sixth-rounder (No. 218) to the Ravens in exchange for Moses and a fourth-rounder (No. 134). The trade won't become official until 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday, the start of the new league year. It's a reunion for the Jets and Moses, who started 16 games for them in 2021 on a one-year contract. The Jets tried to re-sign him, but he wound up signing a three-year, $15 million contract in Baltimore. Last season, Moses ranked 20th in pass block win rate among tackles (90.3%), allowing a team-high nine sacks. He was 33rd in run block win rate among tackles (76.5%).