A discussion about depression

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Yeah, not the perfect forum for this, but I don't have any desire to visit the rest of TK anymore. In fact my link to the site goes directly to this forum :)

And I know there are others here with experience in this (far more than me probably).

What do you do to help relieve it? What works for you? Right now, imagine something you'd really hate doing like listening to a lecture on economics, and imagine that anything you can possibly think of doing feels like that.

I sleep, as much as I can. I take my meds (an effort in itself). I try to watch TV shows with mixed success.

I know it will pass, and I'm not complaining (well maybe a little) or looking for sympathy so much as looking for ideas for activities or tricks that have worked to help you.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I'll second that emotion. Do it hambil.

jack

I'll come help you, if you like.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Should I youtube it for you to mastrubate over?

jack

No, just the thought of it makes me spontaneously ejaculate.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Sorry to disappoint all my adoring fans, but I am not suicidal, not even in the slightest. Luckily I've avoided that side of despression.

jack

Maybe if you drank more and upped the meds, that would help?

Maybe a copy of that bondage vid your wife did with those two black men (it's on mmmmmmmmmmmmmm if you want the link)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Fuck off jack, and your little dual too.

jack

Sorry, since this ISNT spam, I havent a fucking CLUE what you mean.

And you know, fuck off yourself, asshole.

jack

whoops, I forgot.

In the neck, deeply and repeatedly.

My bad.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I don't think there's anything you can except wait for it to pass, while trying to distract yourself from negative thoughts.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Remember Jennifer Love Hewitt's boobs.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
When I feel depressed I just create an ELABORATE fantasy in my head with hot naked men. They all have pointy ears for some reason.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
I'll say this first, there is no cure all for depression/related stuff.

Getting out and doing things with people can help.

Friday

Bazinga!
Exercise. Really. I speak from experience.

I embarked on a new health kick on January 1st. I started eating healthier, and walking. I found walking elevated my mood tremendously, even better than the Zoloft I used to take. I think it's the endorphins inherent in exercise.

I started out walking a mile a day, and now I'm up to 5 miles. My depression has lifted, and I feel more in control of my life than I ever have before.

Diet is also a contributor to depression, at least in my case. Sugar makes me depressed, for whatever reason. I cut out most sugar, added protein and other nutrients, and voila! I am a happier person.

Oh, and I've also lost 47 lbs (and counting).

So, Hambil, start eating healthier and walking. That advice is better than any antidepressant out there.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Become obsessed with a female reality tv conestant. But then she goes after three weeks and things are worse than ever...so don't do that.

Just don't think about anything.

Yub

Anachrophobic
Climb a clock tower and shoot randomly from it with a high powered sniper rifle. Be sure to have a good exit strategy when the cops show up.

But seriously, I speak from experience, there is very little for you to do. Exercise will help, but getting the motivation to exercise is difficult. Doing something constructive daily also helps. But mostly, grip the paddle and ride the rapids, watch out for those wishing to rape you in the butt.