A discussion about depression

Fucking Hell

When i feel like that i go for the local corners to get some pills with nice smileys and logos. They do seem to help! I feel so happy then.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
This will echo a few others here. I've been terribly depressed since the divorce, there's more to it than I felt like feeding to the wolves here.

Exercise for at least a half hour a day. It helps correct your body chemistry.
Masturbate once a day too. Same reason. Don't fantasize about the subject of your depression, btw. Jennifer and Emma are always there for you thanks the the Internet and Wacky! :D
Organize your space. Do the laundry, have a project every day even if it's just something simple like "buy a house-plant" or "clean out the fridge".
Talk to someone every day too. Even if it's 5 minutes on the phone.
DON'T sleep too much. Set your alarm in the morning.

The rest...well...recognize that your depression might have a reason, and some of those reasons have a process to run through, i.e. the classic "grieving cycle". As much as you want to get through it, often time is the only cure. Until then fight a holding action.

Good luck to you.

-SB

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
It's possible that my reaction is psychosomatic, however, when I first started taking SSRIs I had almost immediate depersonalization, which lasted about two weeks. Fortunately I had some experience with depersonalization via anxiety, and was able to cope until things stabalized. But I would be amazed if it wasn't SSRI related.

WillsZenith

a treat for missmanners
I hung myself last year when my partner and daughter left. I wont say anymore as it too personal. walk, walk in the country, plenty of light, learn something new, go somewhere new, spend some time with someone new...

new start new perspective.

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
Sunshine. Try to get sunshine. After that I'm not much help. It's horrible when you know you are sinking and you can't stop.

:(
mm

Donovan

beer, I want beer
If it's any consolation, our long lost astrological expert Caitriona told me there was a reason everyone's 2010 was so fucked up, and that the latter half was supposed to be a marked improvement.

So, there's that to look forward to.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Sorry to hear about your problems with depression. The worse depression I ever suffered I was able to cure through divorce. Nowadays, I can go in my room, shut the door, sit on the bed and pet one of the cats. Cats are pretty simple. They don't care if the house is clean - in fact when the house is dirty it is because of something they did. They don't care about anything except what I'm going to feed them, when I am going to freshen the water in their dispensers, and how much petting they can get out of me. They like it when I get out the laser thingies and they can jump around trying to catch the light. They like it when I buy new scratching boards and infuse them with fresh catnip. They enter nirvana when I open a can of wet food and split it out between them. Basically, making the cats happy does me some good. I've accomplished something and they love it. They respond with little paw dances, purring, rubbing, and kitty kisses. It is nice to be appreciated. Cats don't travel well in the car though.

Get a dog - a big one. Load up the car and go for a ride. Take the dog for a walk. Fresh air and sunshine really do help.

Hope your mood improves with each day.