A gay marriage proposal...

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I'm too busy licking Jacks asshole clean to be bothered with finer slicing.

Obvious brown-nosing ass-kisser is obvious. He's all I think or talk about.

I know, I know. Now fuck off shit troll.

jack

To close out this argument, here's a note from your supposed "champion". Turns out she's nothing but a liar.

© REUTERS/James Lawler Duggan Kentucky's Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, who was briefly jailed for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, makes remarks after receiving the "Cost of Discipleship" award at a Family Research…

Kim Davis, the Kentucky county court clerk who spent five days in jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, is reported to have had a private meeting with the pope during his historic US tour.

According to a statement posted on the website of Christian lobby group the Liberty Council, Pope Francis met Davis and her husband, Joe, at the Vatican’s Washington DC embassy on Thursday. The statement carries the stamp of the Liberty Council’s founder and chairman, Matt Staver, who is acting as Davis’s lawyer in her dispute with the court.

The statement, which is based on a report from Inside The Vatican, says that the pope thanked Davis for her “courage” and told her to “stay strong”. He then said he would pray for her and presented both her and her husband with a rosary, the Liberty Council claimed.

Davis is then quoted as saying that she was “humbled” by the experience: “I never thought I would meet the pope. Who am I to have this rare opportunity? I am just a county clerk who loves Jesus and desires with all my heart to serve him.”

“Pope Francis was kind, genuinely caring, and very personable,” her statement continued. “He even asked me to pray for him. Pope Francis thanked me for my courage and told me to ‘stay strong’.”

The Vatican has not responded to the reports.

Staver, who founded the Liberty Council in 1989, linked the meeting to the pontiff’s comments about conscientious objection, which prompted a flurry of speculation about whether the pope was referring to Davis.

“Not only did Pope Francis know of Kim Davis, he personally met with her to express his support,” Staver said.
In a press conference held on his flight back to Rome after completing his US tour, the pope appeared to show support for Davis, saying that conscientious objection was a “human right”.
“I do not recall all specific cases of conscientious objection,” he said. “But what I can say, is that conscientious objection is a human right. And if a person does not allow others to be conscientious objectors, then they deny them a right.”

The reported meeting with Davis contrasts with the pope’s public appearances during the five day papal tour, where he was praised for his progressive views on immigration, criticism of sexual abuse by the clergy, and the need to “reinvigorate” the church by valuing the “immense contribution” of women.

The pope did not make any public comments on marriage equality, to the frustration of more conservative Catholics. His closest reference was to say there were “unprecedented changes” occurring in the family.

jack

Funny, when you click on the supposed link for the meeting, it goes to a dead page. Now why is that one would wonder.

The Question

Eternal
So she took a page out of Clockmed's book. Who cares, unless your position on this issue has more to do with hating this woman than it does with supporting any kind of marriage.

jack

I don't hate her, I'm just tired of her stirring the pot where she has no business. Now she met the Pope. How quaint.

Marriage is not a biblical construct, or a religious one. It's a contract between two people who share everything in life, supposedly. Gender has nothing to do with it.

The Question

Eternal
Marriage is not a biblical construct, or a religious one.

You're confusing marriage with monogamy, which is quaint and old-fashioned. Marriage is a religious construct, monogamy isn't. And marriage didn't involve government at all in this country until marriage licensing was cooked up by Democrats to prevent interracial marriages.

A Brief History of Marriage Licenses in the US

jack

I'm not confusing anything. Marriage is NOT a religious construct which is why you only need a county clerk to issue a license to be married. Equal rights under the law for ALL people, regardless of race, sex or sexuality. These are definitions our constitution professes, at least last time I looked.

jack

Marriage licenses have been issued since the Middle Ages, btw.

jack

You can quote anything you like. From the real wiki for instance: Marriage, also called matrimony or wedlock, is a socially or ritually recognized union or legal contract between spouses that establishes rights and obligations between them, between them and their children, and between them and their in-laws.[SUP][1][/SUP] The definition of marriage varies according to different cultures, but it is principally an institution in which interpersonal relationships, usually sexual, are acknowledged. In some cultures, marriage is recommended or considered to be compulsory before pursuing any sexual activity. When defined broadly, marriage is considered a cultural universal.

Not religious :D Kim Davis for example has never been anything but a bigot. Being a bigot does not give you any rights, it just takes you out of the mainstream.

The Question

Eternal
I'm sure you're perfectly aware that what you posted doesn't in any way contradict my point. Marriage originated as a religious institution, and marriage 'licenses', as they existed in the middle ages, were religious in nature. In order to conflate the religious instrument with the government one, you have to disingenuously ignore the fact that, in the middle ages, government was cock-in-ass with religion. Marriage licenses, as secular government instruments, didn't exist in the United States until the mid-19th century, and were created as an enforcement mechanism against miscegenation.

jack

among other things.

I thought we were having a discussion. Was I incorrect in that assumption?

The Question

Eternal
I thought we were having a discussion. Was I incorrect in that assumption?

Well, yes. Yes, you were. I don't know what you were doing, but I was juggling my balls with one hand while bopping field mice on the head with the other and mixing a fresh batch of mutagenic chemicals with the fourth and fifth. You don't want to know what I was doing with the third.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
In Europe, not in the U.S., and they were religious in nature, not governmental.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banns_of_marriage
Really!? The medieval state governments didn't issue marriage licences? I'm shocked.

Please just kill yourself. You don't live in one of those hippie places where they ban plastic grocery bags, do you? Because you could just put one over your head. You probably wouldn't even have to buy anything. The store would probably just give it to you if you told them what you needed it for.

The Question

Eternal
Really!? The medieval state governments didn't issue marriage licences? I'm shocked.

Please just kill yourself. You don't live in one of those hippie places where they ban plastic grocery bags, do you? Because you could just put one over your head. You probably wouldn't even have to buy anything. The store would probably just give it to you if you told them what you needed it for.

I was pointing that out to Jack, dude, because he was arguing the opposite. Jesus, relax. Christ's sake, I can't even fucking agree with people without them trying to crawl up my ass like they think they're Luke Skywalker and it's cold outside. Fuck.

jack

Its fun watching Johnny get drunk and post :joker:

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I was pointing that out to Jack, dude, because he was arguing the opposite. Jesus, relax. Christ's sake, I can't even fucking agree with people without them trying to crawl up my ass like they think they're Luke Skywalker and it's cold outside. Fuck.
Jack thought there was government system run by white people in North America in the Middle Ages? Man, that guy must be stupid.

Seriously. Do you at least have pants? You don't even need a sturdy closet bar. There's got to be a playground with some monkey bars or something. Heck, if you were found pantsless and hanging in a playground you'd at least make the local news.

And it would save on the embarrassment of not being found for months/years when the landlord finally decided to evict you for not paying rent.